Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818

chitlin wrote:

aussie rules football ... that video looked like a bunch of average to small sized dudes hugging each other. if any nfl player hit any rugby player that rugby dude would be going to the hospital.
That aint AFL.

AFL has a much higher skill level than Rugby.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6700|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

chitlin wrote:

aussie rules football ... that video looked like a bunch of average to small sized dudes hugging each other. if any nfl player hit any rugby player that rugby dude would be going to the hospital.
thats because they fuckin charge in like caveman, when the coach tells you to use his head on the field he doesnt mean literally, o sorry all the nfl are all so thickheaded when they headbut it each other it hurts, but you cant really compare becuase they are completely different games, but if you got the nrls best hitter and the nfls and they ran at each other without pads, the amercian would be fucked, somebody name the pads they wear

Shoulderpads(adds another 3ft onto their height) ,Helmet (FFS!!!111!!!1), cup,thigh pads

NRL : none

watch the nfl tackle, they use their heads, or the runner,receiver runs out of the field -.-
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6670|NT, like Mick Dundee

Any form of Martial Arts (Kyudo is true marksmanship...). THAT MEANS ART, not wrestling...
Football (Soccer to the uninitiated...)
Rugby Union is good for hitting people...

Ice Hockey has to be the best sport in the world for watching, fights every two minutes...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
dirtyepics
+19|6737|England

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

chitlin wrote:

That was not a video of Australian Rules, that was Rugby.

They are 2 seperate sports with 2 different names.
Fucking hell dude I don't even like rugby but I'm going to have to step in there. If big girly American Football players didn't have to wear more protection than the people clearing up Chernobyl and they went head to head with a Rugby Union player there would only be one winner and thats the Rugby boy. Know what I'm saying!!
ozzie_johnson
+98|6663|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
rugby league is the best arial ping pong is gay(AFL)
Hell-Bender89
+0|6660
man, man man u guys have really no idea ... The best sport for dudes is Lingerie Bowl xD
Here's a nice video for the one's who doesn't know it ...
http://www.isnichwahr.com/redirect7568.html
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818

ozzie_johnson wrote:

Rugby leage players are oversized meat heads... football is just as hard except theres skill and finese involved
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6746

Hell-Bender89 wrote:

man, man man u guys have really no idea ... The best sport for dudes is Lingerie Bowl xD
Here's a nice video for the one's who doesn't know it ...
http://www.isnichwahr.com/redirect7568.html
Man I'm Migrating to the US.....
vesty12
+0|6669|Copenhagen
The fact is that in American Football the tackles probably hurt more than in rugby ive played both and definatly American Football hurts more in the tackles. But rugby is tougher as you need to be alot fitter because of the continous play. And btw rugby league is for girls
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6670|NT, like Mick Dundee

Heh, any yanks played Gridiron without pads? Me and some mates tried it at school...

Teachers and parents were pissed, two or three of us had broken fingers, collarbones and one arm was broken...

Was great fun until they worked out what happened... We got some pads a little later (pads for skating...) and tried again, it wasn't the same... So we went back to union...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-02-28 03:21:52)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jepeto87
+38|6690|Dublin
Guys check out Hurling, its the fastest FIELD sport in the world and it amazing. Also its not a professional sport (The players are like professionals but dont get paid) so its  not as commerical as say American football or soccer.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6739|cairns australia

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

Australian Rules Football is the greatest on Earth.

What is the best sport in the world, favourite whatever. Im sure theres some sports out there that people play that we would say... "what are you kidding?"

So lets hear it.

Please keep this topic serious if we can.
glorified cross country basketball.cricket and rugby league are the only sports that matter to me.
Trobow
+1|6721|Kettering, Ohio
Being an American, I love football (NFL) and think it is the greatest sport ever better than anything else but we know where that arguement is going to go to.  I love soccer too. 

Beer Pong, carpet munching, beer die, screw your neighbor, fuck the dealer, texas hold em.  The list could go on.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818
Soccer requires heaps of skill... but its so damn girly. I really dont like watching grown men fall to the ground screaming over a little bump... faking or not.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?

Trobow wrote:

Being an American, I love football (NFL) and think it is the greatest sport ever better than anything else but we know where that arguement is going to go to.  I love soccer too. 

Beer Pong, carpet munching, beer die, screw your neighbor, fuck the dealer, texas hold em.  The list could go on.
texas holdem is not a sport its a living:Dlove poker noobs and newbs.

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-02-28 04:30:52)

makeuser
+5|6729|Texas

Tyferra wrote:

Aussie rules? Best sport in the world? you know, for me to believe that it would have to come up with a better name for itself - I mean - aussie rules... that's just dumb.

It's an okay game though - kind of reminds me of ballet though.

I, like most if not all Kiwi blokes, like to watch Rugby, (Union.) I mean, we are reputed to have the best team in the world, (we do, but it fluxuates every now and then.) We thrashed the Lions - even the Maori All Blacks took them out, and when we did the All Black tour of the UK and Ireland we smashed all of them too - including the current 'world chumps' England who don't have Jonny their soccor playing star any more to kick their conversions and penalties while we get Dan Carter.
I'm not bitter, I just liked the pun 'world chumps.' Nothing personal.

Paintball though - that is fun. I don't really like the whole set up thing, with bits of 2x4 and rubber tires to make an otherwise barren pieceof land interesting. It's still fun, but I prefer the wilderness. There's a place fairly near me, TAG wargames, this place has a couple of courses, the first one's the small one - kind of like what I described before, a couple of forts bult on to it, the second one I can't remember, but the third one is the biggest, yet most barren in terms of man made structures. Okay, so there's a main point in the middle, and one small fort for each team, poorly built from thin bits of wood and corrugated iron, but most of it takes place in the buch. There's cliffs and a river and trees and gorse which fucking hurts, but when you're playing paintball that dosn't really matter.

Edit: Oh, and every time I play Paintball with my mates my Dad insists on coming. He's a valuable asset too because he's a mean bastard. He grabs people's guns and shoots them with it. He also grabs the barrel of other people's guns and hammer a few shots at them while they are helpless to fire back. He also played on my team when we were playing a game where if you were shot you had to call for a medic. The medic was anyone on the team who tagged them. My Dad shot a Twelve year old and told him viciously, "Right. Now call for a Medic." When the Medic came he shot him, and so on until he got shot and was so far into the bush that none of us could tag him - we were defending an onslaught and running out of ammo while our weapons were jamming. Fucking classic man.
might i remind my Kiwi friend of the outcome of 95, 99, 03 (07?), not even big Jonah could bring the Ellis trophy back to NZ.  cough, cough, choke

leaguers bust out that highlight video everytime someone wants to talk about tough sports, were those highlighs from a period of 30 years?  1 trinations series or 1 weekend of s14 produce the same results. and league doesn't have any of the finesse or strategy of union.

nfl vs league, 2 games that got worse the farther removed from union they got.  lining up nfl players vs leaguers, best hitters?  i think leaguers would be outsized. linebacker (the mobile defensive tacklers) joey porter from the pittsburgh steelers - 6'3" 250lbs 1.8m 113kgs - the big man always wins right?

ARL, extending yourself in the air for the ball while someone gets a free hit?  That may not be bright.  It's a real intense kicking game.

generalizations about the intelligence of athletes is bs, they know athletics/sports at least, it's their job 

most yanks (me) played gridiron w/out the pads in our neighborhoods.  we also played smear the queer (back in the day b4 the pc police).

Tyferra, never invite me to paintball w/your Dad  Was he in Nam?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818
Hhahahaha thats awesome bout your old man Tyferra
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6700|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

Rugby leage players are oversized meat heads... football is just as hard except theres skill and finese involved
skill in NFL, you have over 40 players on a team, nrl has 17 per team (usualy) they have to both defend AND attack()so i think you have to require more skill to play league, you guys even have seperate guys to kick the ball and punt it, like wtf talk about lazy
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

skill in NFL, you have over 40 players on a team, nrl has 17 per team (usualy) they have to both defend AND attack()so i think you have to require more skill to play league, you guys even have seperate guys to kick the ball and punt it, like wtf talk about lazy
It aint hard to bash and chase people or run... compared to putting a ball through the goals in the forward pocket at 50ms
makeuser
+5|6729|Texas

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

nfl - 53 players

specialized in taking the piss out of the game so you're well bored and start paying attention to the frequent commercials for entertainment
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
the way am.football is played is in short explosive bursts so large, explosive athletes are needed.rugby league players are a little smaller but more mobile(than most gridiron)and require endurance.afl players need to very agile and tall and are usually leaner.rugby players body sizes are defined by the position they play,they have a mixture of sizes and shapes.so arguing who is better is moot.just admire all of them for their toughness and athleticism.tyferras dad sounds cool,my old man was a very good cricketer and my uncle is an australian cricket legend.:Dgo manly,the swans and nsw in the super14 and cricket and go australia.

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-02-28 04:30:00)

makeuser
+5|6729|Texas
^agreed
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818
True, but lets just accept that soccer players are female
makeuser
+5|6729|Texas
^agreed
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
just for consideration some names to research:Colin Scotts,Mat McBriar,Darren Bennett,Greg Smith,Manfred Moore and Ian Blake.All are from either american football wanting to play league or from league\afl playing american football.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard