rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559

Braddock wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Well it would probably depend on how it was edited, wouldn't it? The guy getting attacked was a soldier, operating in an occupied territory. Imagine Mexico invaded the Southern United States, how do you think a Mexican soldier would be treated cruising around Houston, Texas with his uniform on?
My point is this...He gets his ass kicked its ok hes a soldier....he drops them with a gun (cuz he is a soldier) Pali's cry foul. If you do shit like this dont cry when you get hellfires raining down from the sky.
And when you act like the Israelis do don't cry when you get the shit kicked out of you by the same people whose houses you are bombing...notice a pattern emerging?
Look. We all know full well that if the Israel government was truly as evil as you all say they are they could have leveled Lebonan last year in a half hour. But the civilised world doesn't fight like that anymore. It means alot when a country has the capability to wipe out its neighbors but it doesn't.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

rawls2 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

My point is this...He gets his ass kicked its ok hes a soldier....he drops them with a gun (cuz he is a soldier) Pali's cry foul. If you do shit like this dont cry when you get hellfires raining down from the sky.
And when you act like the Israelis do don't cry when you get the shit kicked out of you by the same people whose houses you are bombing...notice a pattern emerging?
Look. We all know full well that if the Israel government was truly as evil as you all say they are they could have leveled Lebonan last year in a half hour. But the civilised world doesn't fight like that anymore. It means alot when a country has the capability to wipe out its neighbors but it doesn't.
Sorry, you're right. Israel are actually a really great bunch of people, it was really nice of them not to completely destroy Lebanon last year...it does mean a lot.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6356|CA, USA
lebanon was some tough fighting indeed for israel.  the lebanese forces were backed by syria and iran and had alot of training.  also, they had tech on their side in form of the deformed penetrator weapons that can effectively take out tanks and such hence leveling the field a bit.  these people are not the joke that the iraqi army was (or egyptian or jordanian, etc). 

unfortunately for israel, they are hampered by not wanting to kill civilians.  i temper this statement somewhat as we have seen evidence that refutes this but i would say overall that it is not even the same magnitude as the willingness of israel's enemies to sacrifice the surrounding people to further their goals.  THAT is the difference between a supposedly civilized group and one that is totally ruthless.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

lebanon was some tough fighting indeed for israel.  the lebanese forces were backed by syria and iran and had alot of training.  also, they had tech on their side in form of the deformed penetrator weapons that can effectively take out tanks and such hence leveling the field a bit.  these people are not the joke that the iraqi army was (or egyptian or jordanian, etc). 

unfortunately for israel, they are hampered by not wanting to kill civilians.  i temper this statement somewhat as we have seen evidence that refutes this but i would say overall that it is not even the same magnitude as the willingness of israel's enemies to sacrifice the surrounding people to further their goals.  THAT is the difference between a supposedly civilized group and one that is totally ruthless.
Both sides are terribly reckless when it comes to civilian casualties. While the Palestinians are unquestionably to blame for suicide bombings in public areas the Israelis have a penchant for blowing up entire civilian apartment blocks just to get one or two of militants. At the end of the day it comes down to whether or not you believe a race of people who decided to emigrate from an area generations beforehand have the right to return to said area and take land from the indigenous community of the current generation...I don't believe such actions are justifiable, hence my position.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard