BF2Craglyeye
+72|6678|Australia
Australian Rules Football is the greatest on Earth.

What is the best sport in the world, favourite whatever. Im sure theres some sports out there that people play that we would say... "what are you kidding?"

So lets hear it.

Please keep this topic serious if we can.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
Rugby a lot more action than american football and they dont wear gay pads
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Killet
+0|6663
Wrestling.. and not that gay WWF bullshit. College wrestling is really good, same with kick boxing.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6736|Uhh... erm...
You violence addicts, the best sport is BF2!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6748|Reality
You are all wrong.

Ice Hockey is the fastest, hardest hitting most intense sport.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6700|Vancouver BC Canada

Stubbee wrote:

You are all wrong.

Damn straight.
smk_valvanite
+12|6681|New Zealand, CHCH
paintball,

or bb gun wars with no shirts, that always sorts the men from the boys, leaves some nasty bumps too

dont paintball war in no shirts though, thats just silly
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6726|Sydney, Australia

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

Australian Rules Football is the greatest on Earth.

What is the best sport in the world, favourite whatever. Im sure theres some sports out there that people play that we would say... "what are you kidding?"

So lets hear it.

Please keep this topic serious if we can.
Lol, thats called GayFL by my friends.

I do archery. People must like it cause it has been going on for 1000's of years. If not archery, then I go soccer.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6688|Stillwater, Ok
Soccer and Marksmanship....those are my two sports.  Soccer is alot of mental and requires you to be aware of all your surroundings and teamwork is a must.  Endurance is needed like crazy too. Marksmanship simply cause it take skill to read the wind and how a bullet will perform in flight. And the smell of gunpowder is almost like extacy to me. Man i love it.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6746

AFL

Heres how good they get.....http://www.dovetonfc.com.au/images/Callum%20Speckie.jpg

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-02-28 00:35:36)

.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6701|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
well rugby league for me love it, live it, i also enjoy american football and ice hockey for the hits , but the american football players think they're all tough on the field, they wear helmets FFS!!!! and every other pad under the sun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … gby+league  watch that and tell me NFL players are tough
Jestar
+373|6746

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

well rugby league for me love it, live it, i also enjoy american football and ice hockey for the hits , but the american football players think they're all tough on the field, they wear helmets FFS!!!! and every other pad under the sun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … gby+league  watch that and tell me NFL players are tough
Aussies are just so much tougher.....
d11fdj
+3|6755|Athens
I play basketball and kickboxing, but i love watching football (soccer to the yanks).

I also used to be a semi-professional tennis player, but university (and beer) made me turn to contact sports.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6652

the_outsider38 wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

You are all wrong.

Damn straight.
I third that

aside from that Kendo is a nice sport - practiced it for a few years

Last edited by Eboreus (2006-02-28 01:14:06)

makeuser
+5|6730|Texas
union
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6818
AFL!

Carn the pies!!!
Jestar
+373|6746

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

AFL!

Carn the pies!!!
Never!!!!!
The Tigers Have some Tribal Fever This Season!!!!!!
Beefy
+0|6647
i say kendo is the best
followed by soccer
Sniekj
+1|6656|Stramproy (netherlands)
Football, PSV Eindhoven Champions of the world Boeruh,Boeruh,Boeruh
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

Aussie rules? Best sport in the world? you know, for me to believe that it would have to come up with a better name for itself - I mean - aussie rules... that's just dumb.

It's an okay game though - kind of reminds me of ballet though.

I, like most if not all Kiwi blokes, like to watch Rugby, (Union.) I mean, we are reputed to have the best team in the world, (we do, but it fluxuates every now and then.) We thrashed the Lions - even the Maori All Blacks took them out, and when we did the All Black tour of the UK and Ireland we smashed all of them too - including the current 'world chumps' England who don't have Jonny their soccor playing star any more to kick their conversions and penalties while we get Dan Carter.
I'm not bitter, I just liked the pun 'world chumps.' Nothing personal.

To play though - well, I like things a bit out of the ordinary. This means violence. I used to fence, but was kind of too prissy you know? I hated all the bowing and prancing around and very little driving cold steel into the throats of my enemies. Not to say that didn't happen, it just didn't happen enough.

Paintball though - that is fun. I don't really like the whole set up thing, with bits of 2x4 and rubber tires to make an otherwise barren pieceof land interesting. It's still fun, but I prefer the wilderness. There's a place fairly near me, TAG wargames, this place has a couple of courses, the first one's the small one - kind of like what I described before, a couple of forts bult on to it, the second one I can't remember, but the third one is the biggest, yet most barren in terms of man made structures. Okay, so there's a main point in the middle, and one small fort for each team, poorly built from thin bits of wood and corrugated iron, but most of it takes place in the buch. There's cliffs and a river and trees and gorse which fucking hurts, but when you're playing paintball that dosn't really matter.

I remember shooting a mate of mine, and then jumping headfirst down a cliff into a patch of gorse to avoid my other mate who was with him. i lay on my back in the gorse bush and waited for him to poke his head over the edge of the cliff, which when that happened, I splattered his view with yellow paint. I then proceeded to crawl along in the gorse bush and took out another guy before i was shot on the top of my head. It was fucking painful and I was hurting for a few days afterwards, but it was so totally worth it, and awesome fun.

Yeah, so I think Rugby is the best 'big' sport to watch and Paintball is the best to play. Just takes a fuck load of effort to organise your mates to play a game or two. I need to join a team.

Edit: Oh, and every time I play Paintball with my mates my Dad insists on coming. He's a valuable asset too because he's a mean bastard. He grabs people's guns and shoots them with it. He also grabs the barrel of other people's guns and hammer a few shots at them while they are helpless to fire back. He also played on my team when we were playing a game where if you were shot you had to call for a medic. The medic was anyone on the team who tagged them. My Dad shot a Twelve year old and told him viciously, "Right. Now call for a Medic." When the Medic came he shot him, and so on until he got shot and was so far into the bush that none of us could tag him - we were defending an onslaught and running out of ammo while our weapons were jamming. Fucking classic man.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-28 02:27:07)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
dirtyepics
+19|6737|England
Football is the best game in the world no question! I'm a West Ham United FC fan and we are having the best season in a fucking long time.

As for wrestling...........?

Apart from that Kung Fu and Tennis.

But seeing as alot of people on this forum are from the states sorry I don't like sports that are condusive to 400 commercials LOL!

Last edited by dirtyepics (2006-02-28 03:01:40)

|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6681
FEMALE HOCKEY/TENNIS for sure
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

You'll have to say 'soccer' dude for all the slower Americans who have their own football and me, (I thought that was what you were talking about but then I saw 'West Ham")... which strangely enough does not have that much to do with feet. I mean, you kick for field goals, but I thought the main thing was the fullback throwing the ball to a catcher or something... then again, I'm not exactly wise in the rules or the game of American Football.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
chitlin
Banned
+36|6768
aussie rules football ... that video looked like a bunch of average to small sized dudes hugging each other. if any nfl player hit any rugby player that rugby dude would be going to the hospital.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6678|Australia

chitlin wrote:

aussie rules football ... that video looked like a bunch of average to small sized dudes hugging each other. if any nfl player hit any rugby player that rugby dude would be going to the hospital.
That was not a video of Australian Rules, that was Rugby.

They are 2 seperate sports with 2 different names.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard