Home
Section.80
+447|6840|Seattle, Washington, USA

lowing wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

alicia keys represents the african american community.  she speaks for everyone.  parker, youre smarter than that.  it seems to me the white american community loves to talk about other race.
Hmmmmmmmm, I am just thinking about the national outcry when another celebrity said "Nappy Headed Hoes" on the air....Yet, blaming white America for gangsta bullshit goes un-noticed.........and is dismissed.........a double standard perhaps??? Nehhhhhh couldn't be
What national outcry? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us, the common people, agreed that Imus' punishment was overly harsh and undeserved. The only people that made a big deal out of it were people in the media, who do not represent the rest of us at all.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I'm West by Northwest side, ThreeFiddy degree to be more accurated biotch!  That's the way I roll.

We will never be able to heal racially in the US until we can all agree that RAP music sucks and white people shouldn't play basketball professionally.
Manu Ginobili, Peja Stojakovic and Larry Bird are white.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6336|tropical regions of london
and you are a moron for even pointing that out serge
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
She keeps falling on and on...
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6715|Eastern PA

sergeriver wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I'm West by Northwest side, ThreeFiddy degree to be more accurated biotch!  That's the way I roll.

We will never be able to heal racially in the US until we can all agree that RAP music sucks and white people shouldn't play basketball professionally.
And Jerry West, Steve Nash, Rick Berry, Bill Walton, Bob Cousy, Pete Maravich, Dirk Nowitzki, John Stockton, Kevin McHale...
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6336|tropical regions of london
most the NBA has been white through the majority of its history, at least its direct predecessor.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6176|Ireland

sergeriver wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

They are black men trapped in a white mans body.  That is why they can jump so high, they are trying to get out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Home wrote:

lowing wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

alicia keys represents the african american community.  she speaks for everyone.  parker, youre smarter than that.  it seems to me the white american community loves to talk about other race.
Hmmmmmmmm, I am just thinking about the national outcry when another celebrity said "Nappy Headed Hoes" on the air....Yet, blaming white America for gangsta bullshit goes un-noticed.........and is dismissed.........a double standard perhaps??? Nehhhhhh couldn't be
What national outcry? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us, the common people, agreed that Imus' punishment was overly harsh and undeserved. The only people that made a big deal out of it were people in the media, who do not represent the rest of us at all.
What national outry??? Tell ya what, go ahead and google it yourself...............Eveeryone else on the planet already knows what national outcry.

So the black civic leaders do not speak, or are not the voice of the black community?? Again do some googling, and tell me where all of their money comes from, since they do not seem to actually have a job.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6176|Ireland
lowing has a very valid point.  There are people getting rich bashing whity.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6350|CA, USA
Here's what rev. Al Sharpton has been up to lately:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008/ne … 115554.htm

so if you do not contribute to his charity, you'd be potentially hit with negative racial publicity.  why is this not considered extortion?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

Here's what rev. Al Sharpton has been up to lately:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008/ne … 115554.htm

so if you do not contribute to his charity, you'd be potentially hit with negative racial publicity.  why is this not considered extortion?
Oh I'm sure it is, but to suggest it would be racist.........................ya racist

Last edited by lowing (2008-06-16 20:01:13)

CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6350|CA, USA
here's another interesting article about black progress:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LaSh … k_progress

yeah yeah...townhall.com.  get over it and just read the article.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
Biggie and Tupac are victims of their own rhetoric... The East West thing just grew into something that ultimately killed them both... keepin it real... real bullets... real dead...
Love is the answer
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command

Lotta_Drool wrote:

It's not that, it's that white men can't compensate for the lack of a  penis the size of an average black man. Blacks will never know peace until they stop trying to reinvent the English language.

btw Larry Elder for president.
twiistaaa
+87|6661|mexico

Masques wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

And Jerry West, Steve Nash, Rick Berry, Bill Walton, Bob Cousy, Pete Maravich, Dirk Nowitzki, John Stockton, Kevin McHale...
And dan majerle, toni kukoc, chris mullen, detlef schrempf, pau gasol, tom chambers.. there are probably more. thats another stereotype out the window.

anyway, i don't know how alicia keys can know so little about the history of gangsta rap and the music industry. the media did blow things up, but its to sell a product not to keep black people down (that was just a byproduct if anything).
Ratzinger
+43|6385|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Now there's just Lowing's stereotypes to deal with....
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6543|CH/BR - in UK

Ratzinger wrote:

While I don't agree with his stereotypes, I'm willing to accept that some of them do exist - not on as large a scale as he's saying - but they're definitely there. It's just that political correctness now prevents us from acknowledging stereotypes, as that would be racist

-kon
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5820
It totally makes sense.  The government used shadow agents to create a war, whilst secretly supplying cyborg parts to the Russians, who supplied the drug runners with guns, who gave the drugs to the rappers, who proppeled Tupac to death.  He was going to Usher in a new age!

But how does the Smoking Man fit in?
ReTox
+100|6492|State of RETOXification
Keys blames the establishment which is, at least in classical stereotypical terms, whitey.

Who's her mother again?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire
I've often jokingly put forward that argument in here in the past but I didn't think anyone out there really took it seriously! Ironically enough it looks like Tha Man's plan could be backfiring seen as you're just as likely to see a middle-class white person 'gang-bangin' around their hood these days as you would to see an African American.

I personally dislike hip-hop because i don't identify with the culture (being a pale, red-haired, Irish celt from a decent background), and I think there's a marked lack of musical talent in hip-hop when compared with the older musicians of Motown, Funk, Blues and even Disco.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-06-17 09:43:24)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ
I'd still hit that. She hawt.
ƒ³
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

konfusion wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

While I don't agree with his stereotypes, I'm willing to accept that some of them do exist - not on as large a scale as he's saying - but they're definitely there. It's just that political correctness now prevents us from acknowledging stereotypes, as that would be racist

-kon
...............and we all know my take on political correctness.

This guy Ratzinger seems to think I invented all the stereotypes that people fall in.......Well I hate to admit to you pal, I just ain't that important. I do not have a following of minions to carry out my bidding....Sorry. I am an observer of life, and I call it they way I see it and/or experience it, with no punches pulled.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

lowing wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

-kon

This guy Ratzinger seems to think I invented all the stereotypes that people fall in.......Well I hate to admit to you pal, I just ain't that important. I do not have a following of minions to carry out my bidding....Sorry. I am an observer of life, and I call it they way I see it and/or experience it, with no punches pulled.
Most stereotypes have some basis in truth but the over-riding factor is individual free choice; no two humans are the same and as such each individual must be regarded on their own merits. I know Irish people who don't drink, black people who can't play bass, skinny American people, polite French people and Muslims who don't want to kill me for being an infidel.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

lowing wrote:

I am an observer of life, and I call it they way I see it and/or experience it, with no punches pulled.
Are you wearing your glasses?
Ratzinger
+43|6385|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

lowing wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

-kon

Unfortunately the way you (and everyone else, of course) see it is tainted by your experiences and background.......I understand you didn't create the stereotypes, you're just perpetuating them, so its not your fault....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard