konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6561|CH/BR - in UK

Buckles wrote:

I pay £17/month for 8meg unlimited broadband and phone line with free calls within the UK.

You guys are getting F'd in the A
You think BT is any better than AOL? Think again...

-kon
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6467|The edge of sanity
Mwhahahaha *rubs hands* I'm glad we use a local cable system (Insight Communications) that has direct control over all lines within the three state area.

Last edited by Liberal-Sl@yer (2008-06-15 17:38:24)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK

konfusion wrote:

Buckles wrote:

I pay £17/month for 8meg unlimited broadband and phone line with free calls within the UK.

-kon
BT? I wouldn't go with those rip-off merchants if you paid me and that guy from My Family/their adverts waltzed in and gave me head while their CEO licked my nipples.

And I work up the road from one of their HQ buildings and have to deal with their fagtastic non-english-speaking employees on a daily basis.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6704
What whores.
CloakedStarship
+76|6576

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I've never had internet that's capped with monthly allotments. What happens currently when you exceed your limit?

Basically, it's the same as now, except they're going to charge you if you go over the limit. I'm glad I've got internet that doesn't even have limits. Remember folks, when some ISP's do shit like this, there will be some that won't and they'll be the ones to cash in.
Unless there is no competition in the area, hey, like my area.  I get the shittiest service from comcast.  Constant outages, constant slowdowns.  But theres no competition in the area, which surprises me because i know a guy in Tampa Florida who has FIOS.  I guess the east coast of Florida doesn't.

Companies with no competition can do whatever they want.  I'm the victim of this right now, since apparently good service is too much to be asked for.  If they can fuck us over, they will.
BVC
+325|6706

Ender2309 wrote:

hey pubic, new zealand isn't the rest of the world. neither is australia and certain parts of britain. get off your high horse.

Protecus wrote:

Considering you live on an island, which is mostly remote and mountainous, your examples are more the exception, not the rule.

And the internet is working just fine right now, without caps. Why would we want to move to what can only be described as an inferior model. If the majority of people only use the internet to check their email, as the ISPs say, then what do they care if someone is using more bandwidth.

Honestly, I doubt the average user would notice a difference, performance wise, if this pricing scheme went into effect.

The ISPs see a captive audience and they want to exploit it.
CHOMP!
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5994|Perth, indian ocean

DrunkFace wrote:

Welcome to Australia... I mean welcome to Australia in a couple of years when we actually get as good a deal as that.

These are Australias biggest ISPs plans.
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/2992/shitqj3.jpg
1. Additional usage charged at $0.15/MB.

** Once you've reached your usage allowance, the speed of your service will slow to 64kbps. No additional usage charges apply to BigPond Liberty plans.

## Speeds up to 30Mbps (download)/1000kbps (upload) are available in selected areas of Melbourne and Sydney when downloading from capable sites or across multiple sites. Other areas have speeds up to 17Mbps/256kbps.

They can't even give us the fastest speeds in our 2 largest cities. What hope is there for everywhere else?
Dam we are behind compared to the rest of the world.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK
Horrible cunts .

konfusion wrote:

Buckles wrote:

-kon
I was on BT it was expensive, I'm on AOL now not had any problems no need to reset the router or anything. BT was gay the internet would not work on a Monday for me. It's all sunshine and lollypops now!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6567|Kent, UK

wah1188 wrote:

Horrible cunts .

konfusion wrote:

Buckles wrote:

-kon
I was on BT it was expensive, I'm on AOL now not had any problems no need to reset the router or anything. BT was gay the internet would not work on a Monday for me. It's all sunshine and lollypops now!
Read my next post. I'm not on BT.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
We used to have the incredibly gay 'Clearwire' broadband setup in our house and they had a 20Gig cap; if you went over your cap in a month you would be put into 'purgatory' (they actually call it that, what a bunch of idiots). We got rid of them and now use Digiweb, which I think has a cap too but we never get anywhere near reaching it each month.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

when some ISP's do shit like this, there will be some that won't and they'll be the ones to cash in.
qft.

ISP's slashed that in the first place because the technology was more readily available and they wanted to draw customers away from competitors. This here's like Costco saying that you have to pay a penalty for every overfull cart you push out their door.

How do they think the gaming industry and associated hardware industries would react to the news?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-06-16 07:00:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard