Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ … 83-10F8D6D
https://i28.tinypic.com/9tzlaa.jpg
A US congressman and former presidential candidate has vowed not to give up his fight to impeach the president over going to war in Iraq, after the House of Representatives sidelined his bill, possibly until after George Bush leaves office.

Dennis Kucinich said if hearings on the issue were not held within 30 days, he would introduce more articles of impeachment against Bush to the US congress.

Kucinich, a Democrat, told Al Jazeera that the impeachment attempt was not just about the past, but also about the future.

The bill also says Bush mishandled the
response to Hurricane Katrina [EPA]
"If we do not establish that the rule of law must apply to the president of the US now, what we are doing is through our inaction creating a precedent that would let the next president know that he could go ahead and wage war without congressional approval.

"That he could approve of wiretapping, rendition, spying, torture or anything because congress wouldn't act.
It's currently in limbo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6675|Austin, TX
He also said that if it died in commitee, that he would re-introduce it.  Again.  And again.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london
oh jesus christ.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

He got it from the aliens.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

He also said that if it died in commitee, that he would re-introduce it.  Again.  And again.
Dems will keep killing it and Republicans will keep voting for it. The Rep's would love to debate it openly in front of the American people.

251 DEM Against -166 REP For
Right down the middle.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi … each_bush/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5971|Washington DC
On one hand he's tying up Congress with something that will likely never get passed. On the other, at least he's got some balls compared to most everyone else in that building.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london
he did the same thing with cheney.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5971|Washington DC
I laughed at this

"The American people sent us there [to Congress] to get things done," Howard Dean, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, told reporters at a breakfast yesterday. "They didn't send us there to impeach the President."
Yep you lot have gotten plenty done.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Wha...?

What are the dems smoking? Why are they voting against it when the Rep's are for it?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6685|Belgium

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2008/06/12/democrats_scuttle_proposal_to_impeach_bush wrote:

Their votes technically could have kept alive the possibility that the resolution could come up on the House floor, and Republicans wanted to expose Democrats for their "trivial and silly conspiracy theories," said Michael Steel, a spokesman for the House GOP leadership.
sigh... small politics...

Then again, at least you can vote for your president, while the European decision making institutions are mostly self appointed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Wha...?

What are the dems smoking? Why are they voting against it when the Rep's are for it?
You've got a lot to learn about American politics young grasshopper.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

Wha...?

You've got a lot to learn about American politics young grasshopper.
Oh. That's just weird.

In American politics, is EVERYTHING a political message?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

L.
O.
L.

*sigh*
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
He's a one note piano.
Commie Killer
+192|6397
This guy doesnt have balls, hes just looking for votes. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries running for President in '12.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Commie Killer wrote:

This guy doesnt have balls, hes just looking for votes. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries running for President again in '12.
Commie Killer
+192|6397

ghettoperson wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

This guy doesnt have balls, hes just looking for votes. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries running for President again in '12.
Really? Jesus, I didnt even know about the first time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

He ran this year.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6193|Ireland
I think the US Government should impeach itself.  Congress continues to grant billions to fund the rebuilding of Iraq, and that is the only crime here.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Commie Killer wrote:

I didnt even know about the first time.
The guy's name keeps popping up every now and then, but for some reason I can't focus on it.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

Commie Killer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Really? Jesus, I didnt even know about the first time.
He was the one with the strangly hot wife.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL

Spark wrote:

Wha...?

They know the Democrats will get shredded in open debate, the Repubs are looking for a chance to fight, and legitimize their point, and the Dems will look foolish for previously allowing everything they are now bitching about.
FallenMorgan
+53|5924|Glendale, CA
I hope this passes through.  It's very likely in the months he has left he'll fuck the nation.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6457|Chicago, IL

FallenMorgan wrote:

I hope this passes through.  It's very likely in the months he has left he'll fuck the nation.
lulz

if they couldn't get Jackson, they won't get Bush.

and you seem to forget that the Dems in congress voted for most of his initiatives that they now denounce.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker

ATG wrote:

He's a one note piano.
He doesn't seem to understand that playing his one note loudly does not make it sound any better.  Everyone still wants him to go away.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard