Braddock
Agitator
+916|6307|Éire
'Jewish settler attack' on film

"Footage from a video camera handed out by an Israeli human rights group appears to show Jewish settlers beating up Palestinians in the West Bank. An elderly shepherd, his wife and a nephew said they were attacked by four masked men for allowing their animals to graze near the settlement of Susia. The rights group, B'Tselem, said the cameras were provided to enable Palestinians to get proof of attacks. A spokesman for the Israeli police said that an investigation was under way. So far, no-one has been arrested."

Last edited by Braddock (2008-06-12 16:58:21)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6200|Ireland
The palestinians fake films like this all the time and the media runs them.  I will never believe their propaganda.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

Lotta_Drool wrote:

The palestinians fake films like this all the time and the media runs them.  I will never believe their propaganda.
lol?
I disagree with Israel, but I acknowledge what Palestinians do. You disagree with Palestine, and are just oblivious to Israel's wrongdoings? I mean, I'm used to you being stubborn when arguing, and bending facts, but surely you can't just take facts you disagree with and claim they are fake...
BBC

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina
Some people need to watch the news on FoxNews or it didn't happen.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6200|Ireland

konfusion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

lol?
I disagree with Israel, but I acknowledge what Palestinians do. You disagree with Palestine, and are just oblivious to Israel's wrongdoings? I mean, I'm used to you being stubborn when arguing, and bending facts, but surely you can't just take facts you disagree with and claim they are fake...
BBC

-konfusion
I refuse to sift through Palestinian propaganda videos searching for which ones are staged and which ones are not.  Tell me why I should do it with this video?  Tell me what makes this video so real compared to the others?  All because the OP is willing to buy into all the palestinian propaganda at face value doesn't mean I have too.

We have a saying in Crawford Texas " fool me once........ A fool don't fool me again. ".
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

We have a saying in Crawford Texas " fool me once........ A fool don't fool me again. ".
And why did you guys vote GWB twice?
imortal
+240|6682|Austin, TX
I think it is too early to tell one way or another.  Settlers do tend to get a might... protective.  If true, I doubt it is indicitive of the culture overall.  If it is faked, then it is just propaganda, and weakens the agument of the Palastinian's side.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Trus dat.
That footage could be od anyone taken by anyone and proves nothing.

I saw the tooth faery the other day. Really.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

imortal wrote:

I think it is too early to tell one way or another.  Settlers do tend to get a might... protective.  If true, I doubt it is indicitive of the culture overall.  If it is faked, then it is just propaganda, and weakens the agument of the Palastinian's side.
And yet we all know, without doubt, what is most definitely happening, but don't care, because it's old news.

-kon
imortal
+240|6682|Austin, TX

konfusion wrote:

imortal wrote:

And yet we all know, without doubt, what is most definitely happening, but don't care, because it's old news.

-kon
Hmm, beyond doubt, but not beyond debate.  Or beyond justification, or name calling.  It is one of those arguments that suck people in, poloraze them, and lead them to demonize the opposing side.  How many threads in here devolve to the Isreali/Palastinian conflict, fought by the same old people, with the same old arguments.  Has anyone convinced the other of the rightousness of their side?  How many have converted from one to the other?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

I'm not saying beyond debate. I used to be very much pro Palestine, but now I'm starting to get pissed off at both sides. Neither are in the right. Palestine just made things much worse through putting Hamas in power. It's not a smart move, however comprehensive it may be, and simply complicates matters. I've tried to be more open minded of late - but I won't agree to either side pretending something something isn't happening. The bulldozing and raiding is as obvious as the terrorist attacks. Neither side of this argument should forget the other.

-kon
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6360|tropical regions of london
terrorism is bad
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

God Save the Queen wrote:

terrorism is bad
Mkay?

The thing is, while I agree, terrorism is overplayed as an offense, and other violations of human rights are simply overlooked. I think, for once, both sides should acknowledge the others' points.
But then you get to the chicken and egg argument of who started what, and who's to blame for what etc.

-kon
san4
The Mas
+311|6705|NYC, a place to live
No idea about the veracity of that film, but it's not uncommon for far-right Israeli settlers to harass Palestinians. There's no excuse for it, but for what it's worth I don't think the attacks are particularly organized or lethal.
zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

Quite typical responses. Assume the worst and wait for God all mighty to come down from heavens and prove to you that you are wrong. In the mean time act all smart and condensending to the "other" side.
Its like when that cameraman was killed few months ago. Half the people automatically assumed that he was actually a terrorist that was relaying information to other terrorists and that the world is a better place now. And than they say like "give me proof that he wasnt".

On the other hand many assumed right away that the Israelis knew that he was an innocent cameraman and they killed him on purpose because thats what Israelis do. Again not a shadow of doubt in their minds....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6307|Éire
Lottadrool is correct in his observation that there is nothing in the video that unquestionably proves its veracity but in terms of it being an outright fake for propaganda purposes it has to be acknowledged that the group that handed out cameras to these Palestinians was a Jewish human rights group called B'Tselem. Why would a Jewish human rights group allow their work to be used as propaganda against the Jewish people? Their interest is in human rights, not playing one side off another.

http://www.btselem.org/English/index.asp

There's only one thing worse than anti-semites...and that's Jewish anti-semites!

Last edited by Braddock (2008-06-13 01:51:35)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6536|Πάϊ
da da da daaaaaan!

Anti-semite Jews!

You better believe it!
ƒ³
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6536|Πάϊ

zeidmaan wrote:

On the other hand many assumed right away that the Israelis knew that he was an innocent cameraman and they killed him on purpose because thats what Israelis do. Again not a shadow of doubt in their minds....
Me being one of the people who think (as certain as an outsider can be) that it was a cold-blooded murder, I will say that our conviction is not based on mere speculation. It is based on prior example.
ƒ³
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Gore and Kerry near as I can tell.  Why does Argentina have whatever Argentina has for a irrelevant leader?  Why are you so into another countries politics like some groupie wannabe?  Shouldn't you be tending your goats or whatever Argentinians do?
Nah, I killed all my goats.  Now I'm spending my money buying shit in the US since the dollar is so cheap...Hey, I heard you guys at Crawford also have cows and shitty politicians, so pretty much like Argentina.

And you are right, our leaders are so irrelevant that I choose to discuss the actions of yours.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-06-13 04:50:13)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

oug wrote:

da da da daaaaaan!

Anti-semite Jews!

You better believe it!
I heard there are some of them.  Oh wait I'm half Jew and according to these forums I am anti-Semite too.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-06-13 04:45:17)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina
Lol @ the guy who left this karma

Whats with the Israel hating, grow up kiddo. FUCK PALESTINE they dont deserve shit, except a zoo

At least sign it.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6567|CH/BR - in UK

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Gore and Kerry near as I can tell.  Why does Argentina have whatever Argentina has for a irrelevant leader?  Why are you so into another countries politics like some groupie wannabe?  Shouldn't you be tending your goats or whatever Argentinians do?
I'm sorry, but I just have to comment on this.
This is so immature. Even for you, this is a new low. If you're the one who gave the "grow up" karma, then take your own advice.

Israeli politics are everybody's business as long as they try to fuck up everyone around them. They're getting huge amounts of aide, and are a one-religion-country.

-kon

Last edited by konfusion (2008-06-13 07:13:09)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6200|Ireland

konfusion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

This is so immature. Even for you, this is a new low. If you're the one who gave the "grow up" karma, then take your own advice.

Israeli politics are everybody's business as long as they try to fuck up everyone around them. They're getting huge amounts of aide, and are a one-religion-country.

-kon
Read the post this was a reply too then grow up and quit commenting on stuff you don't comprehend.  I sign my karma.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

-kon
Read the post this was a reply too then grow up and quit commenting on stuff you don't comprehend.  I sign my karma.
Just for the record I never implied it was you.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6200|Ireland
I know. Kon obviously didn't bother to read what my post was in reply too and takes flippant comments waaaayy too seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard