RKKRom
+0|6664
So, after finally gettign SF installed. What with running a non xp machine accordign to EA (xp 64) !
Tried to load up a server, and got the following error

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2sk.jpg

Any ideas why this happens ? Or how to fix. Im about to reinstall in the order i read in another post. But id like advice incase it still happens.

Omg, getting img,link to work shouldnt be this hard :-|

Last edited by RKKRom (2006-02-27 10:44:41)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671
yeah speaking of SF I heard or I read actaully here that there were some problems with the 1.2 patch for the SF, you might of had to use the older patch then the 1.2 that came out recently for the SF, because it causes problems for the servers. Also when you play or isntall Sf it makes your connection hard to connect to the server , and it takes a long time to get just to the main menu in the BFHQ  at least thats what happened to me, also I heard its even worst to play Bf2 since this current patch so wait till 1.21 patch comes out and see if they fixed anything yet after the patch.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671
Also you dont need that many shortcuts on ur PC it slows ur pc down just have an recylin bin all u need, and go to msconfig to get rid of some of the stuff before ur PC boots up
markH262
+0|6675
EA told me that I should reinstall patch 1.2.  If I installed SF AFTER I already installed the 1.2 patch for regular BF2 why would this cause a problem? Shouldn't it be seamless or is EA so clueless on how all of the software and patches work together (I don't think you really need to answer that because I think we all know the answer is a resounding YES!).

So, do you really think I should try to spend the hour or more reinstalling the 1.2 full patch? (I never had the the 1.12 patch so I need the full one).
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671
well give it a shot what do u have to lose, unless it messes up ur pc I doubt that will happen.. GL
RKKRom
+0|6664
Yeah i dont normally keep the shortcuts
I reinstalled everything from scratch,then patched. Its running fine now.

EA ftw
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6671
good to hear
markH262
+0|6675
Well, I re-downloaded and reinstalled just the 1.2 full patch and BF2:SF works fine now. Luckily it only took about 10-12 min. to dowload the full patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard