Michael82
+4|6799|Copenhagen, Denmark

SoulBeeper wrote:

I like the idea that it gets easier to go up in ranks BUT like many other said then they need to add more of them otherwise people wont have anything to work for.
I think a way to deal with both these rank issues and point farming would be to make the ranks time based. you play for 20 hours and get lance corpral for example. some people may just join a server and stand still until the next power failure but how fun is it to have the highest rank and 0 points?
some people will probably say "then it has nothing to do with skill.." but can you honestly say it does now? people point farming on karkand as medic isnt skill in my oppinion
That's why i dont give much for medics who win . Few medics have earned my respect.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6858|Scotland!
Well i've been playing on and off for several months now (35 hours playing time), and thats me FINALLY really starting to enjoy the game.

I would LOVE to outrank people, but it just goes sooooo damn slow for me.  I mean, i'm still Lance Corp.

Whoever said you could get 60k points in a month.. was that a SOLID month playing?

Oh and regarding the "don't make awards easier"... Hmm, but there is a ribbon that requires 4500 hours game play time.... 4500 hours?  Thats 250 DAYS... of solid playing.  Thats 70% of a YEAR, just playing BF2, considering there is only 8760 hours in a year, i think this award takes the piss.

Also, I've been playing counter-strike : source for the past year, and i think it's an awesome game, i play it as much as I can.  I've played it solidly for a year, and my total time played?  260 hours. And EA expect 4500?  aye... maybe when we're all sitting couped up in an old folke's home.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6839

kilroy0097 wrote:

Master Sergeant - Score: 150000

So what are they promoting with a change in the ranking system? They are promoting imaginary cookies for those that aren't stat padders. Who actually have normal lives and play like normal gamers. Will it effect the way we play? Probably not at all. All it gives me is more unlocks, IF  it gives me more unlocks. It's very possible the keep the unlocks spread out so that we all keep exactly what we have as unlocks and don't get anymore. So don't be all giddy and joyful that you are going to get new unlocks because you could very well not get any.
Well - if you look at the guy chuy pointed out - it looks like he has lots of unlocked weapons?!?
Buzerk1
+44|6854
If this a "test" account, that's also mean EA can force what they want on his profile... Stats doesn't really matter.... wait for the patch and you will find out soon enough
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6858|Scotland!
Ranks have turned this into an MMORPG... Was there ranks in BF142?  NO!  Was it great fun?  YES!

Last edited by Locarno (2005-10-03 09:51:58)

-xDookiex-
+0|6799
RANKS SHOULD BE EARNED. They should not be given to crappy players who have like 20 hours of gameplay or something.  EA better add officer ranks and new unlocks or they're truly a bunch of idiots. Yes the medals should be easier because they require over 5000 hours wich is almost a years worth of play, but the ranks should not be given to crappy players. I was playing with this retard private who only used a noob tube. To think that he'll get the rank of sergeant at like 5000 points is amazingly pathetic.  I mean what the hell is the point of unlocks now? Why don't they just give us all the unlocks if they're gonna make them so EASY to get. EA releases the game with all these glitches and stat padding problems, now they make a patch that ruins it. They have no clue how to make a good game. I've worked 250+ hours to get 65k, EA should of told us they were gonna pull a stunt like this so we woudn't of wasted our time.

Last edited by -xDookiex- (2005-10-03 09:59:23)

Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6858|Scotland!

-xDookiex- wrote:

RANKS SHOULD BE EARNED. They should not be given to crappy players who have like 20 hours of gameplay or something.  EA better add officer ranks and new unlocks or they're truly a bunch of idiots. Yes the medals should be easier because they require over 5000 hours wich is almost a years worth of play, but the ranks should not be given to crappy players. I was playing with this retard private who only used a noob tube. To think that he'll get the rank of sergeant at like 5000 points is amazingly pathetic.  I mean what the hell is the point of unlocks now? Why don't they just give us all the unlocks if they're gonna make them so EASY to get. EA releases the game with all these glitches and stat padding problems, now they make a patch that ruins it. They have no clue how to make a good game. I've worked 250+ hours to get 65k, EA should of told us they were gonna pull a stunt like this so we woudn't of wasted our time.
who calm down... Your saying this as though people with 20 hours and 5k points will have the same rank as you... THEY WONT, you'll still be a much, much higher rank, with much, much more respect.

Let alone the fact you will have 1337 skills, the enjoyment of pwning noobs and YOU will have a higher rank than you already have now.

Anyways, lets not rank on... Lets wait for the patch release, play it for a few hours THEN comment.

Right now we are only speculating, and that is accumulating sweet FA
Gabriel
+0|6803
Soooo, i'm alittle confused. can some one confirm for me whether or not the patch come out today? i'm at work and the EA site is blocked...just wanted to know if i should spend the rest of my day excited or disappointed. obviously hoping for the former.
ProDicTeD
+2|6826

Locarno wrote:

-xDookiex- wrote:

who calm down... Your saying this as though people with 20 hours and 5k points will have the same rank as you... THEY WONT, you'll still be a much, much higher rank, with much, much more respect.

Let alone the fact you will have 1337 skills, the enjoyment of pwning noobs and YOU will have a higher rank than you already have now.

Anyways, lets not rank on... Lets wait for the patch release, play it for a few hours THEN comment.

Right now we are only speculating, and that is accumulating sweet FA
i hope ranks can handle it. I always thought the ranks were impossible but this is just   
r00fus
+2|6810
isnt this pos patch supposed to come out today?
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6858|Scotland!
As far as i know, they weren't THAT specific.  best I heard was "in the next few days" and that was a few days ago.  Don't fret, it'll be here.  I'd rather they took their time and got it right TBH.  I'm expecting the patch to be out either tonight or tomorow.
Faith +1
+1|6832|Arizona
lol woot gotta love the generalities of

"In the next few days..."

:-)
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6800|The Hague, Holland
Yeah I find the points you have to get to achieve the next ranks ridiciously high.
They could turn it down a notch. Im terribly sorry for the vet.gamers who already have a high rank by playing like mad. For your sake, I hope they bring out some new ranks.

No lets all pray to the great gaming gods in the sky,
Patch 1.03, come to us soon!
-xDookiex-
+0|6799
I just don't want the hours upon hours I've played gone to waste
Faith +1
+1|6832|Arizona

-xDookiex- wrote:

I just don't want the hours upon hours I've played gone to waste
I dont mind the waste, otherwise I wouldnt be playing.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6859|Missoula, MT
A waste is a terrible thing to mind... 
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6799
ranks could be knocked down a notch...but the awards/medals need drastically reduced...
r00fus
+2|6810
even after you privates get all of your free unlocks ill still take you out with the pump shottie.  Hopefully they dont actually have gun sgt at 8k, i mean that is downright ahem

Last edited by r00fus (2005-10-03 10:49:09)

||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6799
the unlocks aren't all that much better than the standard kits anyways, i don't know what all the huff and puff is about...and like was said before, they have an expansion pack coming out so that's their primary concern at this point anyways...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6859|Missoula, MT

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

...and like was said before, they have an expansion pack coming out so that's their primary concern at this point anyways...
That's probably about right.  Expansion Pack = $$$ for EA/Dice

And r00fus...I was totally lost by that last post.  Huh? 
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6799

CMDR_Dave wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

...and like was said before, they have an expansion pack coming out so that's their primary concern at this point anyways...

he lost me too...then I realized he has the war college ribbon...first one i've seen...then i looked at his global win/loss and at 610/72 quickly realized he's one of those guys that hops to the winning team at the end so I figured I wouldn't bother
Guruz
Sir
+20|6856|government yard in trenchtown.

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

he lost me too...then I realized he has the war college ribbon...first one i've seen...then i looked at his global win/loss and at 610/72 quickly realized he's one of those guys that hops to the winning team at the end so I figured I wouldn't bother
And perhaps whores in a tank when being commander & supplying himself. And of course in Karkand!

But enough with the flaming, but that might be too late..
=PFM=DA
+0|6799
Hi Guys,

I think what your seeing are cheats.  I remember this JohnnyButane being kicked from our servers before for Padding.  I want to let you know I'm not sure this is the same person.  If you look close at the Sergeant icon you will see it's the wrong size.

I don't know what to expect from the 1.03 patch.  I've tried to find out what I can but they're pretty secretive.  I think they're mainly working out exploits, and glitches e.g. The support class in the Blackhawk, if your a squad leader and you run out to the area beyond play where it usually yells at you to get back. If someone spans on you he can stay there without any punishment.  Then the squad leader can quit and re-spawn on that person till the whole squad is off the map.  I think they are going to address the bunny hopping also.  It will take more time to recover from a jump so you can't cross the map like a rabbit.

There are several sites with a whole series of cheat code for this game already.  I will not post the link to keep honest people honest.  I think they will be adding these to PB in 1.03.

I have not heard anything about rank changes, if these are examples of 1.03 than where are they getting it and where are they playing it? I don't know any servers running it.

I think 1.03 will address issues like load time, lag, new maps, and better controls, and bugs.

As for the weapon unlocks, the only one I think is worth the effort is the engineer shotgun the pump action are usless.

See you guys in the game.

=PFM=DA
-xDookiex-
+0|6799
No, the rank symbol next to his name in-game is the same as the bf2s sig one, it was no fake.
- EDIT: nevermind I do get what your saying, it does look kinda big. But it still doesn'texplain why EA didn't delete his account.

Not to mention, EA would of deleted is account if he had first sergeant on the main leaderboards. Thats what they did with that guy who had major of the corps.

Last edited by -xDookiex- (2005-10-03 12:41:15)

dan500
+57|6865
Two things:

EA has fooked up again or YAY new ranks (How you get them)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard