MrBrain
+24|6733|Finland
I fucking hate them. The AA was improved in 1.2 but is still quite useless against airplanes, hence they gladly misses helis at 50m distance! It seems that after 1.2 only the real good pilots bother to fly, i.e. the basebombers. After 1.2 I oficially hate EVERY map with airplanes, the stingers are never there when you need them and if the airplane comes it comes fast, drop one flare and a load of bombs and ofcourse survive while you end up dead.

The aviators are as free as before to baserape with their bombraids, and it ruins the game totally. Remember this one time at dalian plant there were almost no one using the airplanes (or atleast able to use them) and the map was fun to play. This last week if you play US, it's almost impossible to even get off the carrier. Take a heli and an air plane shoots you down or rams you, or take a boat and you might get to land just in time to taste the bombraids.

Only thing left to do is to play commander to avoid being pissed off all the time. But if I take dalian plant as example again commanding isn't much fun there either because of the offsetbug that makes arty/UAV/supply end up a few cm off from where you clicked.

I've always tried to accept the airplanes and told my self, just shoot them down, take another route and so on. But you can't! There is never anything around to shoot them down with and taking the alternate route you still end up bombed because of the über-lockon system they have... The only thing left to adapt with here is to either become a planwhore or just don't play maps with air planes (which means you end up searching for a new server every 30min)

//EOF
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6791|Mark it zero.
taking them out would be stupid. having jets is one of the things that makes battlefield what it is. if you dont like jets, then stop playing the maps that have them.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6752|austria
cant belive it... they made jets weaker and cobras sweet little helpless girls and some are still complaining... kinda poor..
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Zefar
+116|6692|Sweden
eeeh that's strange because I take down air planes and helis with my anti air towers pretty fast.
Sure some missle miss but that's when they are releasing their flares but I can still hit them.

And I will hit the chopper almost all the time if it's close no matter what.
sclmjmbbf
+0|6677
jesus....   I am a jet jock and I have something to say.  I LOVE the fighters not the bombers, I loved to dog fight and ever since this 1.2 came out, any idiot who can rack off 3 missles in my general direction can nail me.  I use to love a good guns only dogfight... turn and burn... actually use some skill in getting behind an enemy jet and GUN him down.  Like I said,  anyone who can get a lock on a jet will nail him or her, it doesn't take any skill or talent anymore    this game isn't as fun for me anymore.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6743|England, UK

MrBrain wrote:

I fucking hate them. The AA was improved in 1.2 but is still quite useless against airplanes, hence they gladly misses helis at 50m distance! It seems that after 1.2 only the real good pilots bother to fly, i.e. the basebombers. After 1.2 I oficially hate EVERY map with airplanes, the stingers are never there when you need them and if the airplane comes it comes fast, drop one flare and a load of bombs and ofcourse survive while you end up dead.

The aviators are as free as before to baserape with their bombraids, and it ruins the game totally. Remember this one time at dalian plant there were almost no one using the airplanes (or atleast able to use them) and the map was fun to play. This last week if you play US, it's almost impossible to even get off the carrier. Take a heli and an air plane shoots you down or rams you, or take a boat and you might get to land just in time to taste the bombraids.

Only thing left to do is to play commander to avoid being pissed off all the time. But if I take dalian plant as example again commanding isn't much fun there either because of the offsetbug that makes arty/UAV/supply end up a few cm off from where you clicked.

I've always tried to accept the airplanes and told my self, just shoot them down, take another route and so on. But you can't! There is never anything around to shoot them down with and taking the alternate route you still end up bombed because of the über-lockon system they have... The only thing left to adapt with here is to either become a planwhore or just don't play maps with air planes (which means you end up searching for a new server every 30min)

//EOF
FFS. Go play Counter Strike Source or Quake 4 if you can't handle the jets. You must be a complete noob with no skill if you can't shoot jets or especially heli's with patch 1.2. Plus the carrier AA is now obsolutely devastating so if the carrier is being attacked, man the AA if not both. LOL LOL LOL. BF2 has land, sea and air vehicles. Adapt or feck off! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6743|England, UK
Just looked at your stats aswell. CRAP!
CookieMonster117
+0|6677
You must really suck with the AA then. Cause ever since 1.2 you just cant escape them damn missles.  What they need to do is downgrade the missles a liitle bit.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6831|England

CookieMonster117 wrote:

You must really suck with the AA then. Cause ever since 1.2 you just cant escape them damn missles.  What they need to do is downgrade the missles a liitle bit.
Amen.
ZimiZuhu
+11|6702

TeK||drake666 wrote:

cant belive it... they made jets weaker and cobras sweet little helpless girls and some are still complaining... kinda poor..
i agree

if can't hit any aircraft from AA, the fault is yours, not the game's.!!!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6739|Germany

sclmjmbbf wrote:

jesus....   I am a jet jock and I have something to say.  I LOVE the fighters not the bombers, I loved to dog fight and ever since this 1.2 came out, any idiot who can rack off 3 missles in my general direction can nail me.  I use to love a good guns only dogfight... turn and burn... actually use some skill in getting behind an enemy jet and GUN him down.  Like I said,  anyone who can get a lock on a jet will nail him or her, it doesn't take any skill or talent anymore    this game isn't as fun for me anymore.
Hmm,maybe you should play a WWII-fighterpilot game,there's dogfighting with machineguns and cannons.

And yeah,AA missiles are basically a fire-and-forget-weapon,you get the lock,fire and hope it works.
That's basically a quote from a pilot I saw in a documentary about strike fighters(Discovery-Firepower,great series!)

And in real life jets attack each other on distances where they can't even see each other,the problem with BF2 is that it is basically WWII-dogfighting with air-to-air-missiles(which have such a "good" lock) plus the jets lack radar which makes dogfighting an annoying business with switching cameras and flying wildly or you just get shot down without even noticing a jet behind you.....but how to improve that?

It doesn't take any skill to "Press Fire when locking-signal is one noisy beep",in 1.2 it takes skill not to get locked on -> that means checking your six "every now and then",practicing evasive maneuvers like in real life,knowing all the ranges of the different missiles(Stinger stops at around 350-400 meters,so fly high) and to be generally aware of where you are and where you are going(positions of AA-sites,enemy jets,etc..).
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6743
stingers may not lock on beyond 350-400m, but they'll fly basically forever. It's not uncommon to get hit by missiles fired from a stinger/aa vehicle that is 2 km away.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6781

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

Just looked at your stats aswell. CRAP!
yeah.  Iwould worry about killing more people than you die before worrying about jets
specops10-4
+108|6786|In the hills
WHAT A FUCKING NOOB!  I am a jet whore I must admit but my K/D has plummeted since the patch.  Taking out the jets would be like taking out the tanks or taking out the assault class, it is a big part of the game. 
(as a side not I think it would be cool if the commander could call in air strikes or something, to tell the jets where to attack)
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6800|Longueuil
One more of those low skilled player who want the game to ajust to them and they dont want to ajust to the game....
Only got one thing to tell you get better and stop bitchin or go play something else !!!
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia
I was on Gulf of Oman, and the western most base on the beach (I dunno the flag name, but it's the one with the shacks and dock, AA mount next to the flag).  I was sitting in the AA gun, and let a few fly at an enemy chopper, and ended up with 3 TKs, hehehehe...I still don't even know where my boys were, and I didn't see the missiles get 'em.  Anyway, someone came barrelling in in a jet, the sort of flyby that almost runs into the guy sitting in the aa gun (me).   He bombed me and I bombed him.  Quite funny.
Anyway, planes are supposed to be fast, and rather hard to hit, so get your plane and go get him (and if someone wants to gripe about how good they are in the plane or heli and you shouldn't fly it, f%@$ them, and fly it anyway - it's not their game).  Otherwise get the AA gun after him, or hide.  It's part of the game, so adapt.
LoS-Infinity
+4|6801
shush now, and suck my big fat bomb - beeyatch *clears throat*
A=10
+-2|6829|U.K DURHAM
take away planes you my friend are a pure retard is all i can say its guys like you that moan about this game go play cs you girl. ffs did you play any other bf games before this or you another cs n00b come to take over the bf games. all i can say is if you dont like planes tanks choppers play cs or go play pac man but all you lame twats wanting every thing in this game out you can piss off. sorry for the bad words but ffs guys like this piss me off so much. oh and how the hell cant you hit any planes with the new aa you need to give up now if you cant any newb can hit a plane now no skill to take another plane down. cant dog fight any more wtf bull shit patch.

Last edited by A=10 (2006-02-27 08:35:09)

A=10
+-2|6829|U.K DURHAM
oh yer i will bomb and keep on doing it with your super aa kiss my ass.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia
CS is an awesome game, always has been.  The only thing wrong with it is Aimbot and cheatin' motherf@%@#^s...
NASTIE_BUTLER
+55|6793|3 Miles west of smurf village

MrBrain wrote:

The aviators are as free as before to baserape with their bombraids, and it ruins the game totally.
//EOF
Looks like you've been playing TOP (formerly BSF) .....noob.
maddogjj
+3|6874|U S A

specops10-4 wrote:

WHAT A FUCKING NOOB!  I am a jet whore I must admit but my K/D has plummeted since the patch.  Taking out the jets would be like taking out the tanks or taking out the assault class, it is a big part of the game. 
(as a side not I think it would be cool if the commander could call in air strikes or something, to tell the jets where to attack)
The commander can call airstrikes, its called um join a squad and obey commands??? nothing worse than all your air power just milling around bombing across the map when your only flag has 3 tanks and 2 apcs capturing it..... JOIN A FREAKIN SQUAD  for a little TEAMWORK.  I always look for squads that have the jets or helis in them and try to get them to attack areas but very rarely does it work... but when it does its awesome.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6743|England, UK

Rygar wrote:

CS is an awesome game, always has been.  The only thing wrong with it is Aimbot and cheatin' motherf@%@#^s...
CS Source was a good game but now we have BF2. I use to play CS alot but BF2 is just so much better.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6743|England, UK

Rygar wrote:

Rygar wrote:

CS Source was a good game but now we have BF2. I use to play CS alot but BF2 is just so much better.
I haven't tried Source yet.  I still play 1.6 a lot, it's still good despite Steam's 'interference'.
Don't get me wrong, I like BF2 fine.  Obviously....cause I'm here...
Yeah cool mate. Just pointing out that CS is old school and that BF2 with its vehicles/jets/heli's is IMO the best FPS to date. Its like next generation compared with CS.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6689|Nova Scotia

Rygar wrote:

I haven't tried Source yet.  I still play 1.6 a lot, it's still good despite Steam's 'interference'.
Don't get me wrong, I like BF2 fine.  Obviously....cause I'm here...
Yeah cool mate. Just pointing out that CS is old school and that BF2 with its vehicles/jets/heli's is IMO the best FPS to date. Its like next generation compared with CS.
Condeded.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard