0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6766|Arizona
Omg...another post bout C-4 badge.  Soooo many of them already, do a search and get tips that have been given dozens of times plz.
Chowley
+1|6685|Ireland
Dont you think things have changed now oktane, the massive changes to c4 warrants new discussions, enjoy the multitude of them to come.
Lt Svensson
+2|6636
So you say that you can get BF2 Awards on SF maps allso?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6788|England

Lt Svensson wrote:

So you say that you can get BF2 Awards on SF maps allso?
Yeah.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6837|Finland
Before 1.2 it was called the c4 whore badge.
Now its called the claymore spammer badge.

There will always be someone whining...
Canticle66
+0|6638|Canada

elite wrote:

go on warlord, lay claymores in palace when the battle there starts, trust me it is really good, i got 70 kills with them.
70 kills?  Damn...  I did the same, took me like 5 tries (the round always ended when I had around 30) but I finally got it last night!   Be careful though, as teammates can get killed if they're in the blast radius if the enemy triggers it (and can punish, depending on the server), plus having someone giving you ammo as support is a must.  The more snipers on your team though, the less likely you'll get it.
bingobones
+6|6724|London, UK
im struggling on this one too
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I been trying aswell before patch 1.21 comes out. Then you may lay only 2 clays at anyone time (I might be wrong on that issue). Ive been looking for say for eg 20-30/64 man servers where your going to get a long game. Make sure it either Karkland or Sharqui. On Karkland the Square is a good place and on Sharqui the Surveillance Post is good place.  What I tend to do is lay 2 clays, try n get ammo or supplies, lay 2 more. If I then die before any get set off I return as engineer and lay at least 1 road mine so I now have a mix. I lay road mines either at the top of a hill or just below the top so that drivers only see the mines when its too late and if the vehicle is coming down hill it's too late when they jump out due to the roll of the vehicle. Use this tactic if Jihadding, it might keep you away from the blast a little bit.

You dont always have to hit flags with mines however the defend points help. But if you need just the kills place your mines on spawn spots, or close by.  As mentioned multiple killing with mines is good and you will need a bit of luck. I got my veteran badge this way but am getting stuck in the mid 30's (kills, you need 37).  Just a bit more practice and I will get it. This tactic will also give you the chance to go for Pistol and Knife badge aswell. 

When I do get it it will be one of my most proud badges. I have had to explain what Im trying to do becuase you may get messages from the opposistion saying "stop with the mines its getting annoying". Can imagine it is getting repeatidly killed in the same spot whilst trying to do the same thing. lol
rusti
+0|6827|Bavaria
I have been trying a lot with C4 but didn't make it before 1.2 came out.
So I changed tactics to Claymores. They still do team damage if someone of your team stands in the blast radius but since teammates do not trigger them anymore they are much better to go for the badge than they were before.

1. Find a server running warlord.
2. Preferably find a server running the 64 player map with only 32 or less people on it.
3. Find a teammate who is constantly resupplying you with claymore.
4. If in the palace one flag is yours the other is the opposite team's -> mine alle entrances to your flag (use 4 -5 mines).
5. Anytime one of your mines blows, get resupplies and remine. Your buddy should stay in background as spawnpoint (if needed) and constant resupply point.

If palace does entirely belong to your team. Try same tactics in big tower entrance. Mine flagpoint too. Do not put more than 5 mines since the first ones you put will dissappear.

If palace belongs entirely to opposite team -> capture one (and only one) flag in palace and keep them coming :-).

I got mine this way and it was really simple. Had approx 50 claymore kills at end of round. Other buddies of mine who are overall better players even got 60 - 70 kills IAR. Do not despair if it does not work in first attempt. Some things need to be in your favor which you can not influence. Balanced teams for long rounds, long phases of mixed palace flags ...

Do this before patch 1.21 comes out!

Hope that helps,

Rusti

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard