Atlas
+0|6680
I don't really care what your opinion is regarding which flags are more important. I go where the action is, I play this game to shoot at stuff and get into some hardcore infantry battles, I don't play it to sit around for half of the round at one of the rear flags to wait for a single tank to come rolling up and kill me. I don't spawn at the hotel flag cause I think it's a really neat flag, I spawn there because I know 80% of the USMC team is going to be heading towards me and I am going to own them up.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6741|Clinton, MD, USA
IMO the Suburbs flag matters the most. Everytime we cap it we win.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6679

ST19AG_WGreymon wrote:

IMO the Suburbs flag matters the most. Everytime we cap it we win.
Exactly . And players like Atlas contribute to the loss . As for waiting half the round there Atlas WTF are you talking about . People fill up Hummers and base rape like it's a job and they get paid for it . You won't have to wait long at all , they are coming sooner then you think . Besides while your holding the precious Hotel and getting your ass kicked now your main base is over run . Now you have no support , no Artiller and no scan . Fail .

Give the USMC the Hotel . Fight for your life for the tall sniper building .
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6649
i myself love commanding as USMC for karkand because i kno how to win. Time and time again all i have to do is send a squad or two over to the square to cap it (64 player), then have those same two squads stay to defend it.  After that i assign squads to go cap other flags, like cement and suburbs. For USMC to win, all they need is 1 flag.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6744
Forget hotel.  The only thing that happens there is a bunch of USMC players with full auto sniper rifles (PKM) sit on the hill camping the flag as thousands of MEC lemmings race up the hill to attack them...meanwhile the USMC tanks, APCs, and humvees have taken square and all of the flags on the other side of the river.

At most one squad should defend hotel.  Hotel should also be the last base MEC captures when forcing the USMC out of the city (because hotel has nothing while suburb gets jeeps and square is in the middle of everything).
DU AGAIN
+2|6637

SysTray wrote:

The Hotel is a key flag. If the US gains it not only do they stop bleeding ticket-wise, but they always have a base closer to the front and can continue to press on with further infantry support. For shame...telling people to abandon the hotel.
You are one of the SPAM player idiots obviously.

The mec team should abandon all front flags. ( no important vechicles )
Blow the bridge, mine and C4 the water bridge.
Defend the river and arty the hell out of the US.

= WIN EVERY TIME

Unfortunately I have only seen this a few times.

Most Karkand players play for points not the win and have little or no tatical or strategic ability.

High personal scores do not = a win for the team.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6673|Australia
Yes i have also come to relise this map is a piece of shit, and the people that play it are just as stupid.

These are the things that happen in every game.....

Mec Never defend, lose factory and your raped back to the stone age.
USMC spwan rape like hell and forget to cap any flags.
Mec never spawn as AT to stop the rampaging tanks.
USMC will cap suburb then move on into train acccident then on to gatehouse...bang its over.
USMC get an APC filled with men and medics, go down the hill into the punish zone across the river, cap cement then factory, not an MEC in sight.
Mec have all bases on one side, US have all bases on the other every man and his gun is on the river bank. while hotel, square and suburbs are unguarded.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-02-26 19:16:22)

bowdenball
+11|6646|Greenville, SC
hmm...played on a karkand only server earlier and it if defined by this thread entirely... almost as if everyone was going for points/knife/pistol badge.... kinda funny as usmc driving right past the action to control back and work forwards though
Busa
+0|6640
If you watch them they are actually not defending it at all but are actually trying to advance to an area that can’t be captured by them.
Spawn at the hotel, mine, c4, claymores and fall back to square, repeat the mines etc. Then to the high ground of the suburbs. Fighting retreat to the gate house from there, 2 squads can hold the back flags entry points. Usmc tickets will be gone very quickly.

My squad would always capture and hold the suburbs when usmc but got tired of so little action there till the end when we had already won the game.
Now we partake in the culling at the hotel flanks, the points are just to easy to rack up there.
We don’t cut of their retreat until they are pushed back to the square now.
ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California
hotel is nothing
its designed to be an easy target
guess what? that's why it is an easy target for USMC.

you know what the key to a karkand victory is? letting the USMC have it and then using the same ticket reducing tactics the USMC uses on the the MEC at hotel. Park the tank at the spawn, hold the streets with the LAVs, and get easy kills.

wanna know why MEC sucks at karkand?
two reasons

#1: exactly what this guy said
#2: MEC usually uses it's armor poorly.

trying to insure that the USMC maintains tick-loss is retarded. Just look realistically kids, the majority of the time the USMC team sneaks through and takes flags. It's unstoppable. And if USMC tick loss is stopped then than they are only on even par with the MEC - the USMC has not gained an advantage. The win goes to the team that suffers the least deaths on karkand. period. therefor: protecting a flag that is a meat grinder for whichever team holds it is stupid.
Flyboy63
+8|6704|South Australia
Its where they keep the beer so I for one will defend it at ALL costs.

stfu.
TigrisJK
+3|6726
All it takes is a good commander to solve this problem.

Alas, most people don't bother communicating with their team and just drop artillery on things.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.
What are you talking about TigrisJK, people don't communicate on this game period. Whenever im commander, i'll tell squad leaders to head to a certain place, and no one listens to me, even if the flag is empty and they don't communicate back unless it has to do with an artillery strike in order to kill one single sniper sitting on top of a building. Everyone wants to be where the most fighting is which equals loosing.
TigrisJK
+3|6726

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

What are you talking about TigrisJK, people don't communicate on this game period. Whenever im commander, i'll tell squad leaders to head to a certain place, and no one listens to me, even if the flag is empty and they don't communicate back unless it has to do with an artillery strike in order to kill one single sniper sitting on top of a building. Everyone wants to be where the most fighting is which equals loosing.
It takes lots and lots of repeated commands, teamspeaks, and all that, but eventually people get the point. And spotting people. A lot. When you spot someone going for your main, you hit the spotted command, and you do it bloody ten times, at least.

I usually save my artillery for just that. That lone asshole going after one of my points. If it wins you the game... I'll trust my idiot teammates to do what they're trying to do, hold the point where all the fighting is.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6737|Aus
Sorry if someone already picked up on this:

BUDFORCE wrote:

have some grey matter between their heads
Between my heads?

Hotel is a vital spawn, once the US have this they can smash the square, both of these are hard to take back, if the US made a pre-emptive strike on the NW spawn it's game over, the US take the train accident, the MEC cannot make it across the water for long enough to get a spawn back.

And an APC full of medics is all it takes to get the rear MEC spawn, no more, now that's an easy target, I've seen it done by a lone medic(that's me, it would be quite boring to watch someone else do this by themselves)

Last edited by kR4MR (2006-02-26 22:43:25)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6649|Hong Kong

chitlin wrote:

BUDFORCE wrote:

Im sorry for those guys that are not totally stupid and actually have some grey matter between their heads, but Ive seen it time and time again, so I just have to post this.
i think you mean grey matter between thier EARS. last time l looked i only had one head ^^
LOL.
CommandoRog
+10|6684|USA
The Hotel is the only place where you can get free beer
But really.I think alot of people defend and attack the Hotel because it is easyer to get Badges like Knife,Pistol,Explosives.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6672|U.S.A.

CommandoRog wrote:

The Hotel is the only place where you can get free beer
But what good are you when your drunk.
CommandoRog
+10|6684|USA
Well with the new patch you dont see Medics much anymore,so if your drunk and get wounded it dont hurt as much,just aiming is a little hard

Last edited by CommandoRog (2006-02-26 23:09:54)

Nitaro02
+0|6663
While the hotel isn't the most important point on the map (I think it was mentioned that the Gatehouse contains the commander stuff), it is a key point because if you play well, you can stop the front and drain a lot of the US tickets when they try to move past there.  If you look at it, there is only 1 place that the US can get their tanks through when they try to take the hotel.  A few Anti-tank guys and an engineer or two with the landmine, and then get some support, assault and snipers to take out the infantry that try to get through, and you can hold the US for quite some time in that place.

I've played in a few Karkand rounds when we held the US troops and they couldn't even get PAST the hotel.  The only bad thing about the hotel is MEC forces can get raped from US artillery in that area.
AdamEcks
+1|6703|Canada, Eh.
Yeah, If held correctly the hotel can easily mean winning a map as Mec depending on the map size. The hotel is crucial in 16 player map but can be held easily by 1 or 2 guys if they do it properly, but I wouldn't sacrafice anything for it on a 64 player map. On 64 player I would hold the hotel as long as possible them move back and hold the river once it's taken.
Nitaro02
+0|6663
Ya, the river is important in large player maps cause you can stop the US tanks and stuff from crossing the bridge once you blow it up.  Then they have to cross the river, and they are sitting ducks to Anti-tank in the river cause they move incredibly slow.  Any infantry will have to swim across the river, or jump off the broken parts of the bridge and find a low inclined piece of land or a ladder to climb back up so they can actually fight again.  Put a UAV in there and they'll be sitting ducks to anything.
FrEaK
+1|6783|Finland
they are only after points, dont you get it?
BVC
+325|6695
There are even more routes to the rear on 64 player than there are on 32 player.  Get a LAV and go for a paddle right round the bottom of the docks, theres more ramps there and a few ladders.  That said, when you cap a back the sheer number of players means someone on the other team usually notices.  In which case, go for their sat/UAV.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard