RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Defiance wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

One thing they most definatly got right for the xbox, team sizes.

The maps play best with no more than 8 people to a side - preferably 6
Because it's a console game ported to PC, great aint it? And we get the shaft on all the patches as well.
Console can't even lean, the COD community is way more present on the PC than the consoles more lans more competition more leagues it's all there, what do you get with the Xbox or Ps3 a monthly fee for Xbox live and you have to pay to get what we get for free, alot of little kids play on Xbox live and even alot of older adults try and coach a team on live and they have no idea what they are talking about, and i've only played a few games at my friends house of COD4 on live. This game is so much better on PC the community is more present and tbh it's a whole lot more fun and i've only payed $50 for the game once no monthly fees and I didn't have to pay for the map packs.
I paid nothing tbh Christmas ftw!
Commie Killer
+192|6383
Is CoD4 not updating on Steam? I tried downloading the patch manually and it told me to get it from my "Digital Distributor" and the game aint updated from them.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Ok so I managed to play Creek (FFA, 4 players) and Broadcast (FFA 10 players). (I didn't purposely pick FFA, that's just the way it was).
Creek - was kinda fun, esp with not that many people and we're playing it stealthy. I can imagine it being a giant campfest though.
Broadcast - couldn't walk 5 feet before I got shot. Major campfest.

What I like most about CoD4 is that it has fast gameplay and you're constantly in motion. But these larger maps just kind of fuck things up a bit. I'm sure the novelty of these new maps will wear off and people will begin to switch back to some of the older maps.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6456|UK
Broadcast I love it, Chinatown is made, Creek is very nice and the Killhouse was like a big shipment. I like COD4 but I epic fail at it, and it pisses me off.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6351|England - Kent

wah1188 wrote:

Broadcast I love it, Chinatown is made, Creek is very nice and the Killhouse was like a big shipment. I like COD4 but I epic fail at it, and it pisses me off.
I fail on the new maps but on the olds ones id say im pretty good.
BlackKoala
+215|6321
I tried Creek and Broadcast, and I hated both.

Creek was nothing but a faggot snipe fest from the top of the ravine thingy, and got boring fast. 

Broadcast is the GAYEST camping map EVER.
ReTox
+100|6495|State of RETOXification
Went 58-5 on Chinatown first time playing it... love that map.

Creek is good, broadcast is the best all round map, and killhouse is maybe good for 2v2 or 3v3 but only on a dare with major amounts of drugs involved.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6439|California
My order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Chinatown
2. Broadcast
3. Creek
4. Killhouse
Lynx14
+41|5966
I love broadcast so much. But honestly whos idea was it to put 2 buildings in the parking lot? Sometimes all people do is go sniper and there ends up being no action at all.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA
I downloaded the maps/patch etc.  but all I have done is run around them without any folks.  I had to go to work so I didnt have time to play in a real game yet.

So far I think they all visually look great! Broadcast looks like a lot of fun, Killhouse is too small, Creek is huge, and Chinatown also looks like it'll be fun since I enjoyed Carentan.   We shall see. . . .  I might play tonight if I decide to not go to the bars.
BlackKoala
+215|6321
https://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9533/shot0010xu7.jpg

Nevermind; the new maps own.  The whole team was bitching about blocking, but they could have just gone left. 
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

I've played one game on each of Creek, Chinatown, and Killhouse. Killhouse was very Shipment-like, but quite fun. Creek wasn't too much fun as a sniper, so I'll have to try it as another kit. Chinatown was the most fun of the three. Looking forward to trying Broadcast.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6533|Internetfitlerland

Chinatown = Carentan = Win
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6498|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I don't have anything to confess.
Everything is just fine, etc.

The only map that I don't like is Creek. It's to weird.

The rest is just fine! Chinatown is awesome!
BRiiNDED
+137|6120
Creek is fucking shite hate it
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada
Broadcast and China Town are awesome.

Creek is pretty fun.

Haven't tried Killhouse yet.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Broadcast is real fun and surprisingly versitle

Killbox is much better than shipment as it has Sniping areas, open space and less campable areas despite being twice as big

Haven't Played ChinaTown yet.

Creek is just though. The sniper war is just an illusion, it is very easy to get to the other side of the creek and kill the enemy snipers if you get a silenced SMG and make a mad dash. I got two ten kill streaks on Creek, I used the chopper on neither and on the first my air-strike didn't kill anything and on the second the air-strike killed only one. I also got a 9 kill streak when the strike killed four n00bs who were prefectly lined up (once again the sniper war is easy to break up) but alas I was M60'd when running out of the cave.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Killbox is much better than shipment as it has Sniping areas, open space and less campable areas despite being twice as big

Creek is just though. The sniper war is just an illusion, it is very easy to get to the other side of the creek and kill the enemy snipers if you get a silenced SMG and make a mad dash. I got two ten kill streaks on Creek, I used the chopper on neither and on the first my air-strike didn't kill anything and on the second the air-strike killed only one. I also got a 9 kill streak when the strike killed four n00bs who were prefectly lined up (once again the sniper war is easy to break up) but alas I was M60'd when running out of the cave.
Indeed, Creek is where i finished off my Golden shotgun challenges.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

LMG + camping cave entrance/exit = massive kill streak
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
velocitychaos
+26|6492|Brisbane Australia
i just bought COD4 and downloaded all the patches then my M8 tells me i only need 1.6 and 1.7....is this correct?
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6143|Texas
1.6 full patch, 1.6-1.7 incremental patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard