SoC./Omega
+122|6549|Omaha, Nebraska!
Today, just take a moment to think of what all of those soldiers did. British, Canadian, and American forces joined together to liberate people.

RIP all who died on this day 64 years ago.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys
Yeah. I always watch Saving Private Ryan and The Episodes of Band Of Brothers involving D-day on june 6th. Just got done watching both. Scary times.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

The hair just stood up on the back of my neck, always does on June 6th.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6455|Chicago, IL

SoC./Omega wrote:

Today, just take a moment to think of what all of those soldiers did. British, Canadian, and American forces joined together to liberate people.
https://www.consulfrance-nouvelleorleans.org/IMG/jpg/OMAHA_BEACH_2007_PHOTO.jpg

I still think it's amazing how everything fell into place so perfectly that day
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys
https://www.wpclipart.com/armed_services/Navy/Omaha_beach_June_6_1944.png
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5941|United States
so that's why they're showing all those ww2 d day related shows on history channel.

RIP all the soldiers who died in the greatest naval invasion ever
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

SoC./Omega wrote:

The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from Great Britain, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, in all the different armed services: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SoC./Omega
+122|6549|Omaha, Nebraska!

Kmarion wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from Great Britain, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, in all the different armed services: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.
I apologize, thanks to all of them also.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|NÃ¥rvei

Surviving D-Day was mostly pure luck and the soldiers fighting there that day knew it was a big chance their lives would end on the beach ... that kind of dedication and sacrifice will live on for a very long time ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK

Varegg wrote:

Surviving D-Day was mostly pure luck and the soldiers fighting there that day knew it was a big chance their lives would end on the beach ... that kind of dedication and sacrifice will live on for a very long time ...
You would be surprised. 10% losses was far under what was expect by high command, they expected 50% losses. Its mainly Utah and Omaha first 2 waves that suffered, however those that died on those two beaches in those first hours didn't even have a chance and whats sad is that their only role was to bring supplies onto the beaches.

RIP to all of them.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK
That was today?

Ah man. Oh well. I'll do my 2 minutes silencelater tonight. I've always been fascinated by WW2.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
What the Allies accomplished on this day was nothing short of epic.  When I played COD2 and the section storming the beach, I got a tiny taste of what they faced.  Charging forward into the withering fire took amazing courage.  May those heroes rest in peace.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
The men who stormed those beaches that day are LEGENDS! All of them! RIP
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

fadedsteve wrote:

The men who stormed those beaches that day are LEGENDS! All of them! RIP
Don't forget the paratroopers and glider crews who secured strategic points behind enemy lines to stop the re-enforcements from arriving. They were probably the most vital part of the invasion (along with the Hobart's Funnies).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

https://i29.tinypic.com/qrf1nr.jpg
Photo: Company E, 16th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division landing onto
Omaha Beach from a Coastguard landing craft (from the U.S.
Coast Guard-manned USS Samuel Chase) on D-Day.
(Chief Photographer’s Mate (CPHOM) Robert F. Sargent)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835

Kmarion wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

It's funny that I didn't realise that and I'm Australian...............
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

It's funny that I didn't realise that and I'm Australian...............
Australia's D-Day effort
By Annabel Crabb
Paris
June 6, 2004

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format   
It is believed that up to 3000 Australians were involved directly in the D-Day landing, although the number is difficult to judge exactly because many were serving in Allied units under other flags.

Most were airmen, who flew missions over Normandy "softening up" German outposts before the sea invasion, or dropping paratroopers into scenes of conflict.

It is also estimated that about 200 Australian sailors were scattered among the 600-strong fleet of naval and merchant ships that steamed towards France before dawn on June 6, 1944.

Twenty-five Australian Army servicemen are believed to have been among the more than 150,000 men who landed on the Normandy beaches on D-Day (none were killed).

The Royal Australian Air Force roll of honour records 12 Australian men as having died on D-Day and 200 during June and July in France. Two members of the Royal Australian Navy died.

Source: Department of Veterans Affairs
Australia didnt have a huge role in D-Day... our main contribution were in North Africa and the Pacific. but still there were around 3000 involved
killcommies
+3|5812
Rip soldiers of italy, estonia, latvia, germany, lithuania and many more. Your sacrifices against the red beast will never be forgotten.

Last edited by killcommies (2008-06-07 00:57:19)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

killcommies wrote:

Rip soldiers of italy, estonia, latvia, germany, lithuania and many more. Your sacrifices against the red beast will never be forgotten.
"the red beast" suffered more casualties than any other nation in ww2
killcommies
+3|5812

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

killcommies wrote:

Dont see your point? I wasn't referring to any communist soldiers in my post...
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

killcommies wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

killcommies wrote:

Dont see your point? I wasn't referring to any communist soldiers in my post...
just seemed like u were marginalising the russian losses in ww2... and also ur name. anywho.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835
Or maybe suggesting that the Communists were worse than the Fascists, which is certainly debatable.
killcommies
+3|5812

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Or maybe suggesting that the Communists were worse than the Fascists, which is certainly debatable.
Everything is debatable.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5835
Which is why I said it was debatable................?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard