Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

got another 500gb drive today...3tb is a lot of shit, trust me.
Christ, a lot of movies and pron?

You back up all of your stuff I would hope. It would be a bitch to lose one of your drives.

That reminds me. I have a 500gb seagate that crapped out on me a week after i bought it. I need to call those fuckers for a replacement.
Wallpaper
+303|5963|The pool

Volatile wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Good idea sticking the flashlight INSIDE THE TRIGGER GUARD
All stores display them in this fashion - unloaded of course.
Still not the greatest idea
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

got another 500gb drive today...3tb is a lot of shit, trust me.
now that I have an additional 2 SATA ports in my "new" HTPC, I might as well get another 2 1TB drives. My 4.5TB are starting to be rather full (i.e. I have 300GB left)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

.Sup wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

.Sup wrote:

No, not all are the same. Thicker cables are better.
Probably. But what I understand, because HDMI carries a digital signal, you won't lose quality. But, if you use components or composite, they are both carry analogue signal, so cheaper once tend to suck.
Thats relative. True good HDMI cables wont loose any quality while poor cables might will loose some. If you get a 2000€/$ entertainment setup, don't be stingy when it comes to 30€ cables.
No, he's perfectly right. You're extremely unlikely to lose any quality with HDMI because it is a digital signal, no matter what cable you lose. If you do lose any quality due to the cable, it will be manifested as serious onscreen distortion - you won't just get an image with some noise like with an analogue signal.

Thicker more expensive HDMI cables are less likely to degrade and are less likely to have any errors, but I've never seen any video errors over HDMI anyway, so I am quite sceptical of how worthwhile more expensive HDMI cables are. It's not like traditional cables - it's digital.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Bertster7 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Probably. But what I understand, because HDMI carries a digital signal, you won't lose quality. But, if you use components or composite, they are both carry analogue signal, so cheaper once tend to suck.
Thats relative. True good HDMI cables wont loose any quality while poor cables might will loose some. If you get a 2000€/$ entertainment setup, don't be stingy when it comes to 30€ cables.
No, he's perfectly right. You're extremely unlikely to lose any quality with HDMI because it is a digital signal, no matter what cable you lose. If you do lose any quality due to the cable, it will be manifested as serious onscreen distortion - you won't just get an image with some noise like with an analogue signal.

Thicker more expensive HDMI cables are less likely to degrade and are less likely to have any errors, but I've never seen any video errors over HDMI anyway, so I am quite sceptical of how worthwhile more expensive HDMI cables are. It's not like traditional cables - it's digital.
So the point is -you don't know. Do you have an HDMI cable and HD TV?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517
18.00 HDMI cable only 2 meters.  So far so good.  Good picture.  Good sound.
Now it is only 2 meters, if it was longer you might run into problems.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

The point is that digital signal won't degrade like analogue signal. It's either perfect or unviewable. Simple as that.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

The point is that digital signal won't degrade like analogue signal. It's either perfect or unviewable. Simple as that.
exactly.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

My new Blu ray player was sitting in the hall way when I got back from Scotland late last night (or early this morning, I dont have a clue what time it is really ).  Unfortunetly, I can't hook it all up yet as the decorators are due on monday to get stuff going, so I would be tearing out the old DVD player and hooking up this which would take ages, just for it to come out on sunday night.  Nice box tho

https://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8666/sn850274jz4.jpg

I was waiting for the final standard profile 2.0 Blu ray player, but, I got the 30 for now and if I feel the need to upgrade to the 50 I can trade this one in and pay the difference like a sort of step-up programe evga does.

Martyn
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

offtopic

Good luck and have a nice year everyone. I'll have to go away today. Had some crazy graduation party at my place but no memory how it ended.
the best thing is I got about 1000€ money and I will get about 3000€ more in next year summer. (don't ask how) + 800€ from the army.

/offtopic

edit: oh btw I got something nice for free.

MSI Digivox mini II (V3.0)

https://www.xsreviews.co.uk/modules/FCKeditor/Upload/Image/msidigivox/small/contents.jpg

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-06-01 01:55:05)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6418
Bought a $30 basic HP printer from Wal-Mart and a PC exhaust fan $9 from Radioshack:)
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

Got my Accelero S1 Rev.2 today. It's . It is WAY bigger than it looks in the pics.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6500|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
2 Thermalright HR-03 GT's
3 Xilence 120mm Blue LED fan anodized
1 Thermalright Ultra 120 woo wooooo!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Still nothing
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
Want a stock HSF for your 8800GT from my 8800GTS, better cooling than you have now, only pay 4 shipping.
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
PS3, GTA IV and it came with a $100 giftcard

Last edited by TravisC555 (2008-06-02 17:08:55)

Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

TravisC555 wrote:

PS3, GTA IV and it came with a $100 giftcard
Lucky sob
­
­
­
­
­
­
TravisC555
+118|6189|Cox Convention Center, OK
Got the deal at Wal-mart if anyone is looking for a good deal on a PS3, don't know if all Wal-marts are doing it or not.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Icemat Siberia Headphones the other day, and 500GB HDD yesterday. Not a bad way to spend $200.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

Want a stock HSF for your 8800GT from my 8800GTS, better cooling than you have now, only pay 4 shipping.
Who me? I only have a crappy 7600GT
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

I ordered a HX520 and some fans today Finally got the cash!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Let me know what those fans are like, noise/air flow wise, looking at the numbers they're pretty good fans and I could do with something quieter than these Antec TriCool fans.

I'm hoping they're 3 pin so I can actually use my fan controller too lol.

Pics too, I need bright fans, I like shineyness

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2008-06-03 05:50:54)

Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6639|The Netherlands
A 2.5 meter audio cable with these ends: https://www.kokonderdelen.com/webshop/joom/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/d01107ce9568fcd061d9ed96f3b742be.jpg

Now I can finally get TS on my headset (with front-panel) and game sound trough speakers.

And a can of compressed air for cleaning my computer tomorrow.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Let me know what those fans are like, noise/air flow wise, looking at the numbers they're pretty good fans and I could do with something quieter than these Antec TriCool fans.

I'm hoping they're 3 pin so I can actually use my fan controller too lol.

Pics too, I need bright fans, I like shineyness
These fans, can't say anything about them.,
https://i31.tinypic.com/2q16q8j.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Anyone wanna send me some casefans?

They're so damn expensive in Norway
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard