Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24878696/?GT1=43001

I'm glad to hear this.  Child welfare officials clearly overstepped their boundaries by taking all the children from their parents, half of the children 5 years of age or younger.  As we hear more about the state's case against these folks I tend to agree with their statement that they're being treated this way because of their religious beliefs.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Nice to see the courts work from time to time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6140|North Tonawanda, NY

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm glad to hear this.

Kmarion wrote:

Nice to see the courts work from time to time.
This basically sums up how I feel about it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
They receive this treatment because they're crazy.  The FLDS crosses the line from being a religion to being dementia.
Stingray24
Ah, so since you happen to disagree with their views that justifies the government going in heavy and taking children from parents who have committed no crime?  You've lost it Turq.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

Ah, so since you happen to disagree with their views that justifies the government going in heavy and taking children from parents who have committed no crime?  You've lost it Turq.
You've lost it if you can't see that these parents were abusing the children.  There's evidence involved here that shows many children were injured or molested, while minors were being impregnated by dirty old men.

If this isn't a situation worthy of intervention, I don't know what is....

People make a big deal out of gay people adopting kids, but they think raising kids in a cult like this is ok?  What the fuck...

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-05-31 13:46:17)

FallenMorgan
+53|5924|Glendale, CA
How fucked up does somebody have to be to say "good for them"?  Honestly, would you send a child back to drug addicted parents?
Stingray24

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

You've lost it if you can't see that these parents were abusing the children.  There's evidence involved here that shows many children were injured or molested, while minors were being impregnated by dirty old men.

People make a big deal out of gay people adopting kids, but they think raising kids in a cult like this is ok?  What the fuck...
There is no evidence that every parent did so, that is your assumption.  Some, not all, were abusing the children and they're being held accountable.  Some, not all, the men were impregnating minors and they too are being held accountable.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6390|MN
From the start I thought it was a bad idea to split these children from their families.  I am glad to see them getting back together.  As Stingray said, not all these people were abusing, and the ones that were should be dealt with.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

There is no evidence that every parent did so, that is your assumption.  Some, not all, were abusing the children and they're being held accountable.  Some, not all, the men were impregnating minors and they too are being held accountable.
Well, if we choose to let the families get together that didn't involve abuse, the ban on polygamy needs to remain enforced, and these cults should still be monitored periodically.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5837

Stingray24 wrote:

As we hear more about the state's case against these folks I tend to agree with their statement that they're being treated this way because of their religious beliefs.
What's wrong with discriminating against religious belief?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

As we hear more about the state's case against these folks I tend to agree with their statement that they're being treated this way because of their religious beliefs.
It's unconstitutional.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Detaching myself from opinion on the matter, I find it interesting that some of the same people [not pointing fingers here] who advocated the Federal attack on the Waco compound were against this, even if these measures were less drastic.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5837

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

It's unconstitutional.
And that's a problem because...............?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6560|CH/BR - in UK

Turq - where there's power, there's corruption, and it's much easier to have power in a small community. How then, will it help to force these communities to remain small? Larger, official ones would be easier to monitor. I'm still against it, but I think your logic is flawed.

-konfusion
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
lol

Like I said before, if this was an Islamic sect the house would've been bombed with 2000lb JDAM's and the remains locked up in Guantanamo
Turquoise
O Canada

konfusion wrote:

Turq - where there's power, there's corruption, and it's much easier to have power in a small community. How then, will it help to force these communities to remain small? Larger, official ones would be easier to monitor. I'm still against it, but I think your logic is flawed.

-konfusion
The reason why I support this monitoring compromise is because it is the most that can be done without getting the Constitution involved.  Monitoring will lower the possibilities of corruption.
FallenMorgan
+53|5924|Glendale, CA
It's Not Percecuting Their Religion, It's Protecting Children From Mental And Physical Abuse.
paul386
+22|6255

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The reason the state had no right to take the children is because they had NO evidence of anything you claim to be true.
Turquoise
O Canada

paul386 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

The reason the state had no right to take the children is because they had NO evidence of anything you claim to be true.
They had no evidence until they made the raids.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6353|tropical regions of london
religious freedom for all!  how dare the government step on the constitutional rights of a bunch of child molesters.
paul386
+22|6255

Turquoise wrote:

paul386 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

They had no evidence until they made the raids.
Am I mistaken that the phone calls which led up to the raids were a prank?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6529|Πάϊ
Regardless of everything else, if in a small secluded community like this there are many cases of molestation, it is not unreasonable to consider the possibility that this might have something to do with their religious beliefs, seeing as the latter is what separates them.
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard