Hilde
+0|6612
Just wondering...the F2000 unlock came with the SF, why is it then you can only use the F2000 unlock in BF2 original?

Why is it that I got a locked flashbang in my BFHQ instead of a unlocked F2000?

Hope you can help me out a bit...thanks.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6634|NT, like Mick Dundee

The F2000 is the unique assault weapon of the SAS, cant be handing them out to the Insurgents...

I think that every other option available to the assault kit is better than it, I hate the bloody thing... Waste of an unlock

All the SF guns that you unlock will only be available in vanilla BF2, they are more effective there...

Whereas the ordinary BF2 unlocks are more useful in SF, particularly the G3 and the M95...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Hilde
+0|6612
What about the new sniper which came with the patch, will I be able to use that in SF?
Inquatitis
+1|6608
no, SF only has SF unlocks, the AWP is not an SF unlock.
ROTOFOO
+2|6630

Flecco wrote:

The F2000 is the unique assault weapon of the SAS, cant be handing them out to the Insurgents...

I think that every other option available to the assault kit is better than it, I hate the bloody thing... Waste of an unlock

All the SF guns that you unlock will only be available in vanilla BF2, they are more effective there...

Whereas the ordinary BF2 unlocks are more useful in SF, particularly the G3 and the M95...
I agree with that.  I would much rather have seen the SCAR-H be the assault unlock than the F2000.
xXMMMSXx
+24|6628
G3 > F2000
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6653|UK
The F2000 has its moments, its a powerful gun. But yeah, agreed, the G3 (and possibly assault m16) is better.
Wish i had saved that unlock for the l96a1 ah well only 27k to go!!
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6617
jesus stop bashing the gun I adore seriously I like the f2000 but well... it's a matter of taste
here goes another question - if you unlock the f2000, shouldnt you get the flashbangs as well? I got them but a friend, who unlocked the f2000, cant throw flashbangs for some weird reason oO
Raijlin
+0|6602|North Carolina
I have a weird problem going on.

When I look at my page with the weapons that I have locked/unlocked, the F2000 doesn't even show up.

I unlocked the G3, and the next weapon available says FLASHBANG.

Anyone give me a heads up as to why I can't even SEE the F2000?
Buzerk1
+44|6806

Eboreus wrote:

jesus stop bashing the gun I adore seriously I like the f2000 but well... it's a matter of taste
here goes another question - if you unlock the f2000, shouldnt you get the flashbangs as well? I got them but a friend, who unlocked the f2000, cant throw flashbangs for some weird reason oO
Yes, you get the flash bang with the F2000
12inchnick
+17|6601

Raijlin wrote:

When I look at my page with the weapons that I have locked/unlocked, the F2000 doesn't even show up.

Because you dont have the special forces expansion?
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6653|UK

12inchnick wrote:

Raijlin wrote:

Because you dont have the special forces expansion?
Its just a bug there is, I get the same, F2000 is unlocked but in the BFHQ screen it shows as a flashbang. Still works if ye think about it, it *does* give the flashbang so.......
Raijlin
+0|6602|North Carolina
Ok, I wasn't sure.  I didn't spend my points to unlock the Flashbang, not knowing if the F2000 would unlock with it or if my game was glitched.

I ended up unlocking the G3 and the M95 instead.

Thanks for the heads up. 

So you're saying when I unlock the Flashbang, the F2000 will be unlocked too, if I understand you correctly?
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6608|Upstate NY
A bit off topic, but someone thought I was hacking when I used a flashbang. I was revived after dying as a medic with the F2000 kit so I decided to use what I had. Only natural to do so right? I think he was pissed because he was losing as the USMC commander on his clan's server at Karkand.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
If you have to ask this by now, you are really lazy.  SF unlocks can only be used in the regular version because it wouldn't make sense for Insurgents to have a SCAR-L, although it really doesn't make sense in the first place that they can use unlocks.  I mean, how often do you think you're going to find an Insurgent with an M95 or G36C?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD

Raijlin wrote:

Ok, I wasn't sure.  I didn't spend my points to unlock the Flashbang, not knowing if the F2000 would unlock with it or if my game was glitched.

I ended up unlocking the G3 and the M95 instead.

Thanks for the heads up. 

So you're saying when I unlock the Flashbang, the F2000 will be unlocked too, if I understand you correctly?
No, flashbangs come with the F2000 unlock, they replace the single never-used smoke grenade with three highly usable flashbangs.  You can only have flashbangs when you're using the F2000 though.  The F2000 is the unlock, not the flashbangs.
howler_27
+90|6657
The F2000 may not pack a punch like the other two assault weapons, but it does have it's advantages.  First of all, the noob-tube which we all dispise.  When used at a distance it really helps scatter the enemy and can create just enough pressure to push forward into a better attack position for a squad.  It's good for making the enemy run into the open to find different cover.  Secondly, the scope is an added advantage.  Thirdly, the flashbang, when used tacticly, greatly increases your kill probabilities.  If you don't believe me, just flashbang the back alleyways of Karkland or a similar map.  When you have 4-5 enemy troops unaware of their surroundings due to one going off, they are easy targets.  Two taps to the head and they are down.

EVERY weapon in the game has an advantage, it just matters how you employ those advantages to your benefit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard