blackcracka
+18|6787
Hi, I have a debate with someone where I believe if you are in a game for even just a couple minutes, You will still get your points.

The other guy believes that if you leave the game before the game ends you get NONE of your points.

I would really apprectiate it if you guys could find an EA games link that confirms my fact, or his fact. I know i'm right though because i read it somewhere. Thanks!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6864|North Texas

blackcracka wrote:

The other guy believes that if you leave the game before the game ends you get NONE of your points.
That is false. The server saves all player info until the end of the round, then send it to the stats server for processing.
blackcracka
+18|6787
THANK YOU! This is what I know to be correct.  I am wondering if i could find an EAGAMES link cuz otherwise this guy will not believe me.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6864|North Texas
Nope, no link. I could tell you to tell your friend to look at the Python code. Particularly the snapshot.py script in the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Python_Xpack\bf2\stats\ directory.
blackcracka
+18|6787
Ok cool thanks man, I really appreciate it.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6861|Bryan/College Station, TX
There are issues however with the points being saved if the game crashes. i.e. you don't disconnect or quit it just breaks and throws you out. At those times I don't believe the points get recorded though I might be wrong because there might be time frames within a game that it does save points.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6788|AUS, Canberra
you need to be ingame for 5 or more minutes, if you leave or the round ends before this time you will get nothing. its so you dont join a server and the round ends right away and you get stung with a loss without the chance to help your team avoid it. the only time you will get your points in under 5 mins is when the round ends from the player numbers falling below 10 in the server.

edit : after erading the next post, yes you can leave and rejoin as many times as you like during the round and you score will continue from when you left.

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2006-02-27 01:24:44)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6768
yeah the server definetaly saves your points untill the end of the round. On a few occasions now, i have been playing on a server when my game crashes. so i quickly restart it, then manage to join back into the game. Even if i rejoin into the other team, i will still have all my points.

Once i was having a really good round and was no 1, then my game crashed. i was still chatting to my friend on xfire, and he said that i was still showing up as being at the top of the players list. so then i rejoined after about 5 mins, and still wont he round!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)

theDude5B wrote:

yeah the server definetaly saves your points untill the end of the round. On a few occasions now, i have been playing on a server when my game crashes. so i quickly restart it, then manage to join back into the game. Even if i rejoin into the other team, i will still have all my points.

Once i was having a really good round and was no 1, then my game crashed. i was still chatting to my friend on xfire, and he said that i was still showing up as being at the top of the players list. so then i rejoined after about 5 mins, and still wont he round!
Yeah, I can confirm that. Happens to me all the time (my game crashes A LOT).

I think the only times you lose points is if the server crashes or the EA stats server(s) are down (and even then you still seem to get them - I got Vet Engineer when everybodys stats were zero the other day )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard