raze
+0|6667|Vienna
I'm some sort of a "Look-at-me-and-die" Sniper

If it's necessary i'm goin' to the flag and pwn with pistol & claymore. Sometimes Knifin' lol
Red-War-sniper
+1|6683|West Coast
I like to sit in a high vantage point overlooking 2 to 3 flags.  That way I can defend/attack several bases without a lot of movement.  I try not to take too many shots in a row, but sometimes that can be hard.  I really enjoy getting into 1 on 1 sniper battles with opposing players.

I agree with mantisboy, players who use the sniper kit in vehicles are lamers.  If the only reason you use the rifle is to shot someone out of "your" airplane or helo, then you deserve to be disemboweled by your TK victim.

Accuracy:  Always around 50%.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6707|Mountains of West Virginia
To mantisboy sniper and [GDC]SinnFein...my xfire name is snipedya14 (creative huh) I also have a teamspeak and Ventrillo servers we can use.

We should play togther sometime.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6747

Snipedya14 wrote:

To mantisboy sniper and [GDC]SinnFein...my xfire name is snipedya14 (creative huh) I also have a teamspeak and Ventrillo servers we can use.

Sounds good to me, I'll send you an invite through XFire.  Do I smell the creation of an all sniper clan?  haha.  Would be nice to have tandem teams layin' down the law.

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

I COULDN'T agree more about EARNING the expert.  I refused to use anything but my scope and a max of  3 clays....hell took me until December to get it:)
Hey SinnFein - good to run into again.  Wow, congrats on the the expert badge!  You'll have to let us know just how you did it.  I'm still holding on to the dream of putting down 35 troops IAR with my kit.  Only broken 20 once I think. Guess I need the hours first though.
v1l2u5
+1|6790
I like to defend a lone flag, that armor cant roll up on.  I try my best to call out each target before taking my shot.   Love have sniper wars, esp on K Dam.    I always enjoy finding new and cool places to snipe from too.
GeneralDodo
+5|6707
i like any, close range or long range, sometimes in the heat of battle, and i'm constantly on the move. i almost never use vehicles and go everywhere on foot.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6746|cairns australia
lately a pkm sniper,just act like a sniper get into postion(a little closer) and snipe.otherwise sit back and protect a flag or watch a bottleneck.
GeneralDodo
+5|6707
i'm better than pkm snipers. they dont get me much
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

I'm a Scout Sniper. This means I trek long distances and find obscure but good Sniping locations and stay there for as long as possible. It normally leads to some good shooting, especially when I can see a few enemy points. Often I can clear out a point before my team sarts attacking it.

I also like being a Squad's Sniper. This means I stick with a team, and look ahead to see what problems we might run into. I clear out points before my squad moves in, and when they do, I stay on the outskirts to deal with any spawning enemies. This means I don't get a lot of capture assist points, but i don't mind. It's also good for defending a point in a squad. I find a high lookout point and spot any enemies coming our way. this lets my squadmates get ready, and I can even pick off a few casual infantry before they get close. It also means that if my squad is overrun I can shoot stationary or otherwise enemies taking the point. No tanks though, I'm not fucking super-sniper. Maybe some time in the future, but not now.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6746|cairns australia

GeneralDodo wrote:

i'm better than pkm snipers. they dont get me much
maybe so but for every one of you there are many who dont have an idea:D
holyjew
+-1|6647
im the sniper who kills you...no im the guy who sits on the roof above you right next to all the action and snipes you. sometimes ill also sit like groundlevel and snipe ppl who try to laydown and shoot me thinking they r covering there asses but really making only easier for a headshot.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6799|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

mantisboy sniper wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

Sounds good to me, I'll send you an invite through XFire.  Do I smell the creation of an all sniper clan?  haha.  Would be nice to have tandem teams layin' down the law.

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

I COULDN'T agree more about EARNING the expert.  I refused to use anything but my scope and a max of  3 clays....hell took me until December to get it:)
Hey SinnFein - good to run into again.  Wow, congrats on the the expert badge!  You'll have to let us know just how you did it.  I'm still holding on to the dream of putting down 35 troops IAR with my kit.  Only broken 20 once I think. Guess I need the hours first though.
I'm all for it mantis. My mate books and I can be found easily through bf2tracker or leaderboards here. Late nights we're primarily on Kubra. I'm #4 w/ sniper rifles and Books is #6 i think, and tobe quite honest Death to bunnies, I didn't get over 30 kills iar until sometime after 12,000 rifle kills, LOL. Now?  sometimes 25-40 iar, but average 17-30.

Counter-sniping is actually our favorite pastime by far, especially when you can chat it up w/ the enemy snipes while doing it..
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6790
evil monkey, i had the same problem as you of geting use to a sniper rifle and the moving targets, i remember that i only played with M95 for 3 months and i could hit moving targets with no problems, then i started using the M24 again and i had timming problems with my shots, most of the times the bullets passed infront of my target. does the M95 bullets are slower? and if is that's why the M95 has more drop (only theory)

well, i got my expert sniper badge and expert expetialist only using my kit
my record of KILLS with the sniper kit are
46 in special forces
45 in vanilla

sniper fight sure are fun, but the problems is that you rarely find a good sniper oponent, in the server i play there are a couple of good snipers, but most of the time they play in my team, and one of them is a real life friend so we play in the same squad 95% time.

1.20 was the proof of the bullet drop for the non bielivers.
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6671
i snipe on karkand in the most fray i can find, and use the MEC unupgraded at medium-close range and the m95 for long range.  It is really fun, because you can get a place with good cover, and just rape.  I think that the sniper kit, and especially the unupgraded MEC smiper are all underrated.  I can rape in almost any situation.  Also i think that there is no such thing as spawn camping, especially with snipers.  If you don't like the spawn camping then do something about it.  Lately, I have used sniper a lot it is a fun kit.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6757

The claymore kind.

JJ!
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6750|San Diego
Im more of a defensive / counter / combat sniper.  I dont do scout sniping,  simply cause its not my style.  Nor am I the kind that goes behind an uncappable base to snipe people spawning from the uncappable flag.  However I spot soldiers and vehicles and I do flag defending,  however usually I move with the flow of the team if it is a linear map like Karkand.  Im usually in the rear,  and take positions to help out my team from preventing them getting killed. 

If its maps that are like open / random,  like Matshurr (meaning that unlike Karkand,  if USMC wins hotel,  they pretty much starts to go and capture the flags up to at least train wreck),  I defend flags,  but in those maps usually I play in this style:  "Know when to hold em,  and know when to fold them."

Some days I can get 15 - 0 on maps,  Im trying to increase my ratio,  and it is increasing about like .02 every week.  Some times I usually take out a break from sniping,  and play the other kits.

My favorite time was I took out a squad of 3 USMC snipers next to each other raping the uncappable in Sharqi with the SVD.  They never found me,  and they were using L96A1's.  I also remember using the M16A2 semi auto taking out people in a squad after the MEC taken over hill in Matshurr.

I like GDC has never used a vehicle to gain any of the sniper badges.  I find the SF maps especially more sniper friendly for me. 

Also congrats to GDC SinnFein and mantisboy ur sniping skills / stats are excellent.

Last edited by Ogopogo15 (2006-02-26 00:33:18)

Defiance
+438|6683

maton, I can relate to not ever finding any good sniping oponents. One of my clanmates is the only person that can take me down consistently.

On oman, I camped on top of the hotel roof, took out a hell of alot of people at hotel, some at construction site (top of the crane is your worst enemy) and at the rock fortification.

We won and I beat out our commander for gold, as a sniper the whole time.

Only a few teamwork points from KDA's.

If I had the 100 hours, I would've easily gotten expert and then some.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6747

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

I'm all for it mantis. My mate books and I can be found easily through bf2tracker or leaderboards here. Late nights we're primarily on Kubra. I'm #4 w/ sniper rifles and Books is #6 i think, and tobe quite honest Death to bunnies, I didn't get over 30 kills iar until sometime after 12,000 rifle kills, LOL. Now?  sometimes 25-40 iar, but average 17-30.

Counter-sniping is actually our favorite pastime by far, especially when you can chat it up w/ the enemy snipes while doing it..
Nothin like killing a fellow sniper.  It's especially enjoyable when they turn and see you just as your bullet penetrates their skull. 1S1K BABY! (okay that was kind of violent)

Where you located SinnFein?  I'm from southern california.  Usually playing late here too.  Anywhere in the window of 8pm-2am PST.  Looking forward to finding you and your buddy.
Sylvanis
+13|6647|Toronto, Ontario
When it comes to sniping the key for me is movement. Let off a volly at any range if there's a shot and go, when they come lookin' I'm long gone.  Actually this was a tactic I had to adopt to avoid the arty that follows me like a compass in the oil fields.=P

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-02-26 22:05:18)

DaveOnrefni
+1|6658
Long range flag defense, or just plain long range.  Fire off only the needed shots with nice time gaps between them to keep them guessing.  Works well for me
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6750|San Diego
Hey mantis,  where in so cal are you from?  I live in LA County,  but I go to school In San Diego.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6747

Ogopogo15 wrote:

Hey mantis,  where in so cal are you from?  I live in LA County,  but I go to school In San Diego.
I'm right in the middle then.  I live in Santa Ana / Work in Cerritos
tj-dublin83
+0|6725|Dublin, Ireland
I use the long grass or on the top of hills and take out anything that moves. Kubra dam is the best for this although I have a close relationship with arty now......... its a bit of a waste but I deserve it especially when my number 1 target on most maps is the enemy commander. got a good one for you,  Kubra dam, at enemy air-base (Not U.S), tank watching the arty, me on top of tank shooting it with silenced pistol, guy gets out turns around to the barrel of the L96A1 clean Head shot, claymore tank.

All in a days work for a sniper
d3x74
+14|6658|NY
The one that sticks close to the enemy medic. Injured soldiers often run to the medic providing nice 1 shot kills. Also when the medic tries to revive them again I try to headshoot them again.

So basically, I am the annoying son of a bitch sniper who has you running for cover.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6661|Hong Kong

maton wrote:

my FAVORITE way to play as sniper is being next to the HOT spots just around 100 mts or even closer,

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard