MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
alright so my sister/boyfriend/their friends all live in the same place, and their internet died, my sis' boyfriend is a tech geek basically, like me, dont know much about her friends and their computer literacy, anyways the problem is as follows

-the internet modem (charter) only recognizes ONE computer when directly connected to the computer, hook it up to any other and it doesn't work like it should

- when the modem is connected to the router, nothing picks up a connection, not even the base computer

- we tried everything, disconnection, ipconfigs, etc

- router keeps saying its a static IP, when no settings show a static IP anywhere

- router keeps saying the address is 0.0.0.0 when showing the setting screen, when renew and ETC/restart has been done

Is this charters fault or an extremely buggy router?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Of course you have done the obvious first thing and called the provider ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad

Varegg wrote:

who likes talking to customer support?

I think they will eventually
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

MECtallica wrote:

Varegg wrote:

who likes talking to customer support?

I think they will eventually
Always a good place to start when the line suddenly dies
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6598|England
Obvious question, but have you reset the router to factory settings and tried setting it up again from scratch?
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
try throwing in a new router; seems to me like thats the issue. if it doesnt work you can always return it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard