NuclearBlasted
+8|6739
Because most (not all) clan members I've encountered in BF2 are more concerned with points than teamplaying, to the point where they will TK for vehicles (the ultimate lame thing to do, IMO).  Plus, clans tend to group together and dominate servers, which I loathe.
Stags
+26|6702
Meh, my friend and I formed and unoffical clan just for fun.  So when we play together we can at least look organized.  Other than that I really don't care much for serious clan work, been in a few clan matches with my cousins clan, they were fun but never wanted to take the time it required.

I have enough fun running around the game as it is, no need to work any harder at it.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6711

DUFFKING wrote:

I used to play Enemy Territory a lot, joined many clans but all but one of them lasted very long.
Ditto - Then when I got my new Mousepad/Mouse

I lost my aim -  Got frustrated quit ET

But everynow and again I go fore a 3o3 with some of the Highskillers I knew and it is still fun
Cheddarmuff
+21|6698
I would love to join a clan...the biggest problem is finding one that plays when I play and has some cool people in it.  I would like some guys I could squad up with and work as a team (I was actually in a squad the other day with clan mates by accident and noticed how well things worked, that is the way the game is meant to be played and I liked it).

So with the 8 thousand different clans out there how does one decide??  Can anyone on this board recommend a good clan? (I currently live in Switzerland and play late night 10pm and early in the morning on weekends)

Some of the people here are funny as hell and would love to join up, doesn't have to be uber competitive, ok if it is, I can hang either way...thanks
sinir
damned
+2|6865|Boston
First of all I have never been in a fps clan.  Its not that Im opposed to one at all either,  its not hard at all to see the benefit of playing with familiar faces.  The problem for me is real life.  I am very employed and married ( no kids yet ).  I can log some decent hours, but I will definitely have problems if I start to schedule around clan matches.  The problem would be mostly with my wife I suppose but if I were in a clan I would prefer just a group of mature ( 20's, 30's ) players who play a lot but are pretty laid back about gaming.  I do this for fun after all
DU AGAIN
+2|6683
Most clanners I see are the biggest assholes around.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6747

DU AGAIN wrote:

Most clanners I see are the biggest assholes around.
This has been my experience too. I've been invited to many, many clans in the course of my bf2 career, but most of them had members who were utter assholes. I remember one clan server i played on for a few rounds (forget the name, and wouldnt post it if i remembered. Dont want to slander anyone.) They invited me to join, but the very next round the guy who invited me banned someone because they shot him with the deck gun on the essex. Normally this wouldnt bother me, because teamkillers deserve whatever they get, but the guy in question was shooting at a helicopter directly behind the admin. I guess that didnt factor into his decision...

So I've stayed clanless. The one clan I seriously considered joining was TUF, I've seen a few of their members around here. But in the end I didnt feel like making the commitment.
Chillay-14
+21|6725
because you always get cockheads joining and the clans let anyone join that they have neva played with!

(thats why i made my own)
Tennouheika
+0|6682
I play with 2 friends and we made a clan. A very selective clan, that is. But if you live where we do then you can get in by just asking.
Figge1
+3|6764
Im not in a clan because i want to be able to play when i want, not when the clan want... and that might be pretty hard if im in a clan.
cocoasdad
+0|6788
After playing on some clan servers and seeing the way they act it has turned me away from joining one.

I have never played in a clan and was seriously thinking of getting into one. I tried some different servers to check out the people in the clans and saw rampant TKs, kicks for vehicles, lots of drama and abusive behavior by some admins. Some servers were worse than others and there were a few I played quite often. It just always seemed to go the same direction. 3 of my 5 kicks were on clan servers after either killing a clan member or getting in an air vehicle first.

I'm not saying that all clans are like this or that being in a clan makes someone act like this. I just lost interest when I have a hard time just playing hard and trying to avoid the "drama"
SargeX_au
+29|6799
Never really thought about joining a clan until lately. I guess i have taken the "couldn't be bothered" attitude. I don't want to feel obliged to play with people i've never met over the internet.
I wouldn't mind joining a good clan like the "plus" guys from aus....hmm they don't hang around these forums though, mayb i should consider ausbattlefield forums or wuteva it is.....or internode forums....the only server i play on.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6763|Riva, MD
The good things to being in a clan: You get administrative rights to the clan server, play in organized games against other clans, have good back-up in case some one is being a particular stalking pain in the ass to you, the good feeling of being in a clan and having a part to fill in clanmatches(I can't verify this for sure, haven't been in my first clanmatch yet, looking forward to it though.).  The bad things: If, for some reason, you decide to quit, you're screwed with the clan prefix in front of your name, i've heard it's impossible to remove the prefix when you've already put it in.
Masta_Daco
+39|6782|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am a member of the largest clan out there, the Lonewolf clan.  You can tell who we are by the empty prefix in front of our names.........long live the Lonewolves.
you are just saying that cuz u are looking for a clan i know your kind of posts just out of pitty are you saying that LMAO.
Sluggit
+3|6764|Sweden
What is a Clan?

Do they make you a better player?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6808

Masta_Daco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am a member of the largest clan out there, the Lonewolf clan.  You can tell who we are by the empty prefix in front of our names.........long live the Lonewolves.
you are just saying that cuz u are looking for a clan i know your kind of posts just out of pitty are you saying that LMAO.
500 plus hours and still no desire to join one.
Thrash
+1|6691
Personally i would only join a clan if they were serious about competing in serious competitions that won prizes and or acclaim.

I see no other reason!
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6688|The Netherlands
I'm in a clan (eSoldiers- Holland) and it improverd my game.. I'm not as good as anyone else but I play a little less worse then before I joined . We use teamspeak and that helps alot.
And about other people's comments; we all met eachother (Holland is not as big as the US) and we're all friends I must say.
We've no "obligations" except the monthly payment for the server we use. Everone is free to play wenever he wants and were he wants.
We do play wars but we devided the clan into groups so there also are people wo just want to play for fun and don't want to be bothered with wars.
I like it; it makes BF2 more funnier to play, better teamplay and you can share the complaints and praises about the game just as people do on the forum.  Just a group of friends with the same hobby..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard