Commie Killer
+192|6396
Hardcore, the 2-5 or so head shots required to kill in Softcore turned me off, anyways, I like it rough.
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6379|Ohio

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Just know that you can't play HC the same way as SC (IE: Running into the enemy's line of fire on purpose).
Not necessarily just HC. If you are playing against people that can halfway aim in SC you cant run into their bullets on purpose either. 

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

And the whole skill thing is not a matter of opinion

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You're taking my quote out of context; I'm saying it doesn't take more skill to kill people in SC, just more time/shots. It actually takes brainpower to see that you can't play both modes the same way - you need different strategies for each one.
I have to agree with Johnny on this one, but I will agree that simply getting a few kills doesn't require more skill in SC. If you spray enough bullets you will eventual get kills. But to actually get good ratios, without camping, SC takes far more skill. You can't run around one shotting people with a pistol to the chest. Instead you have to follow people with your aim. If you can't do this you are doomed to failure in SC, and you will probably start defending camp core by stating how frustrating it is to spray half a clip and not kill someone in SC.

I play both modes the same way. I tend to avoid open areas. Instead I move from one spot with cover to the next. It's just harder to move when one bullet kills you and the other team is camping the routes you need to use to move forward. 

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

And hardcore you can have any perks and just fucking camp and be good at it it's not hard at all,

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You can do the same in Softcore. Camping happens in just about every FPS game, regardless of the mode it's in. I see just as much of it across both modes.
Play HC sab. You will probably change your thoughts on camping in HC. I recommend crossfire for a map to try.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Just know that you can't play HC the same way as SC (IE: Running into the enemy's line of fire on purpose).
Not necessarily just HC. If you are playing against people that can halfway aim in SC you cant run into their bullets on purpose either.
True, but if you were trying to cross the street in District or Crossfire, you'd have a much greater chance in SC to do so.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

You're taking my quote out of context; I'm saying it doesn't take more skill to kill people in SC, just more time/shots. It actually takes brainpower to see that you can't play both modes the same way - you need different strategies for each one.
I have to agree with Johnny on this one, but I will agree that simply getting a few kills doesn't require more skill in SC. If you spray enough bullets you will eventual get kills. But to actually get good ratios, without camping, SC takes far more skill. You can't run around one shotting people with a pistol to the chest. Instead you have to follow people with your aim. If you can't do this you are doomed to failure in SC, and you will probably start defending camp core by stating how frustrating it is to spray half a clip and not kill someone in SC.
See:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I meant that it would then take between 4 and 6 shots to kill, meaning you have to keep on target longer. See:
As for requiring 'more skill' that's a matter of opinion: I say it requires more patience.

I play both modes the same way. I tend to avoid open areas. Instead I move from one spot with cover to the next. It's just harder to move when one bullet kills you and the other team is camping the routes you need to use to move forward.
I'm the same when it comes to movement, but I do have a 'Camp Clearing' kit that seems to work just fine (Provided they're not half the map away with sniper rifles).

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

And hardcore you can have any perks and just fucking camp and be good at it it's not hard at all,
You can do the same in Softcore. Camping happens in just about every FPS game, regardless of the mode it's in. I see just as much of it across both modes.
Play HC sab. You will probably change your thoughts on camping in HC. I recommend crossfire for a map to try.
I despise Crossfire across all modes. Wetwork too. The maps are too limiting as far as choice of movement goes, so they force people to camp regardless of mode.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6751|FUCK UBISOFT

this is a comletely different thread than I was expecting.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Miggle wrote:

What were you expecting?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Miggle wrote:

What were you expecting?
People discussing which one is better, not a thread on everyone trying to convince Fenris that HC sucks
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
I prefer HC.

My 2 cents: Anyone who says one mode takes more skill than the other, is a complete idiot.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6424|...
hc is bad, im too l33t for it.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hardcore, nothing is more aggravating than having a juggernaut survive a well placed shot to the head with a sniper rifle...

Keep in mind that if it's easier to kill in HC, it's easier to die.
No one survives that. Even automatic snipers like M21 and Barett kill in one shot to the head, juggernaut or not.

Anyway, hardcore would be awesome, if Pistols wouldn´t kill in one shot and you have a minimap. I don´t need the red dots on it when someone fires an unsilenced weapon, but I get lost constantly without one. Many map areas just look to similar.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662

DefCon-17 wrote:

I prefer HC.

My 2 cents: Anyone who says one mode takes more skill than the other, is a complete idiot.
mmm, delicious irony for breakfast.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Well I rung for a team and it was a hardcore match on Crossfire... It wasn't fun getting picked running across the street while it's smoked by an M16 never played hardcore again.
A) Don't keep running across the street then. Did that ever occur to you?
B) So you played it once and had a bad time? Play it for at least week and see how it is then.

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

it will never be difficult if you can one shot someone with the deagle, I can call in a chopper with one deagle clip, i'm good with the Deagle in scrims which requires 2-3 shots with a deagle 4-5 through walls no Deep Impact. Anyways it's too easy especially with the Ak and the Deagle One shot kill with both weapons through walls gtfo of here to say that involves strategy and skill.
You could say the same for every other weapon save the handful which lack the clip size, but quite frankly, I don't care how good you think you are; that has no impact on whether or not a game mode is good or not. Now go blab your 'IM SO LEET' bullshit somewhere else.
You've obviously never been in a scrim before so think about what you say it's retarded to think thats fun, usually only the sniper can pick you and it's a lucky shot through smoke. No it's different in Hardcore you can camp a spot and just spray the wall with an Ak and get a couple of kills. One shot kills through walls is not fun at all. I don't care if you think i'm good or not your a nobody to me I was just trying to say anyone with decent gun skills can rape a hardcore server so easily.
Hardcore has so many flaws it's not even funny. It just makes the game not enjoyable, you tryed to debate with me but you didn't say why Hardcore was better or Regular was better and I still told you why it was bad. This thread isn't to debate with other people it's to say why you think it's bad or not

Last edited by Johnny_Extremer (2008-05-24 01:50:01)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

You've obviously never been in a scrim before so think about what you say it's retarded to think thats fun, usually only the sniper can pick you and it's a lucky shot through smoke.
What?

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

No it's different in Hardcore you can camp a spot and just spray the wall with an Ak and get a couple of kills. One shot kills through walls is not fun at all.
Apart from the one-shots, you can do the EXACT SAME THING in SC and achieve the same result. It'll just take more bullets.

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I don't care if you think i'm good or not your a nobody to me
If I'm a nobody to you, why the hell do you care so much about what I said? Also, If you don't care how good I think you're not, why did you feel the need to say how awesome you think you are in you post?

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I was just trying to say anyone with decent gun skills can rape a hardcore server so easily.
Anyone with decent gun skills can rape a SC server pretty well too. What's your point?

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Hardcore has so many flaws it's not even funny.
Like what? Camping? Wall spraying? You can still do those pretty damn well in SC.

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

It just makes the game not enjoyable, you tryed to debate with me but you didn't say why Hardcore was better or Regular was better and I still told you why it was bad. This thread isn't to debate with other people it's to say why you think it's bad or not
You haven't said why SC is better or why HC is better, you've just pointed out that you can Camp and wall spray in HC, despite the fact you can do it in SC too. I'm just trying to offer the opposite side of the argument to whatever someone comes up with.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5843|Australia
at your earlier post fenris, the semi's are better than snipers as you can click fast in their general direction and be guaranteed a kill, even over the way on bloc.

thats why the sniper is practically useless.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6141|Carnoustie, Scotland

FatherTed wrote:

Hardcore for me is fun, but in small doses. Over time it's basically just who can sit in one spot the longest with a silenced G3 or w/e.

"Softcore" is more of a level field, you can take fire and have a chance to return it.

And yes, IRL you wouldn't be able to take anywhere near the amount of shots you can in "softcore" - But hey, this isn't real life. It's a video game.
This man speaks the truth.

xxx
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444
Hardcore is a big joke. You have 30HP (as opposed to 100) so there's no point using the G36C, the M4, any SMG, any pistol but the Deagle because they don't kill in one bullet. There isn't any point using a bolt action sniper either because you might as well use a semi-auto since they both kill in one shot. It also removes any incentive to go for headshots since all your shots are going to kill in one shot anyway. If it's trying to be realistic, making people fall over like a tipped cow because they got shot in the foot isn't the way to do it.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Hardcore is a big joke. You have 30HP (as opposed to 100) so there's no point using the G36C, the M4, any SMG, any pistol but the Deagle because they don't kill in one bullet.
I see a great many people using all those weapons in HC. By your logic, though, you shouldn't use them in SC either because they don't do as much damage as other weapons.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

There isn't any point using a bolt action sniper either because you might as well use a semi-auto since they both kill in one shot.
True, but nevertheless, I see a lot of M40's and R700's.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It also removes any incentive to go for headshots since all your shots are going to kill in one shot anyway.
It add incentive as headshots will actually kill in one shot.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

If it's trying to be realistic, making people fall over like a tipped cow because they got shot in the foot isn't the way to do it.
I'll admit that it's not a realistic mode, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's it's worse than SC.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I see a great many people using all those weapons in HC. By your logic, though, you shouldn't use them in SC either because they don't do as much damage as other weapons.
You've missed the point. In hardcore a firefight lasts all of two seconds. Therefore there's no need for your gun to be accurate over prolonged fire which is what SMGs do best. They work best in those long firefights where you need reliability as opposed to power. In hardcore, one shot is all you need, so what's the point having a reliable weapon? Guaranteed one bullet is going to hit him which is all you need.

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

It add incentive as headshots will actually kill in one shot.
So does shooting everywhere else. Why would anyone bother going for the harder headshot when there's a nice big chest to aim at?
zeidmaan
+234|6424|Vienna

Both mods are different and require different set of skills and are played differently. Its a matter of preference and everybody should stop insulting people that dont prefer the mod they prefer.
In my opinion both mods have many downsides. HC makes nades, GL and airsuport too deadly for COD4 maps which are smallest maps I ever saw in a game. Its almost impossible to fire a GL without killing someone. I tried playing HC on modded servers without certain things and on custom maps and its much much better.
Problem with SC in my opinion is that it requires too much bullets to kill someone specially considering that people heal in 3 seconds. I know some of you are very good in this game and have accuracies of over 80%, but for most of us mere mortals it just takes too much bullets. Automatic healing is less of an annoyance in HC because you rarely get wounded, but shooting someone 5 times in SC and not killing him just so he can return 5 seconds later with full health is very annoying to me.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You've missed the point. In hardcore a firefight lasts all of two seconds. Therefore there's no need for your gun to be accurate over prolonged fire which is what SMGs do best. They work best in those long firefights where you need reliability as opposed to power. In hardcore, one shot is all you need, so what's the point having a reliable weapon? Guaranteed one bullet is going to hit him which is all you need.
The real advantage that SMG's (and shotguns) have is that you can walk around with the sights up with no loss of speed, and therefore 'superior' in close quarters as you can almost run circles around your opponent. As far as how accurate they are, the majority of the fights you describe will be taking place at medium rages which is where the Assault Rifles will dominate. For the most part, the weapons (Assault Rifles and SMGs) are pretty much the same as far as prolonged accuracy goes.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

It adds incentive as headshots will actually kill in one shot.
So does shooting everywhere else. Why would anyone bother going for the harder headshot when there's a nice big chest to aim at?
My point was that the majority of headshots in SC won't kill the person, which brings me to my next point:

Challenges. Going for Headshot challenges in SC is a real pain because it often takes several bullets to the head to kill someone, meaning you're less likely to headshot someone in an unplanned encounter, which is a real pain for those going for 150 headshots.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

The real advantage that SMG's (and shotguns) have is that you can walk around with the sights up with no loss of speed, and therefore 'superior' in close quarters as you can almost run circles around your opponent. As far as how accurate they are, the majority of the fights you describe will be taking place at medium rages which is where the Assault Rifles will dominate. For the most part, the weapons (Assault Rifles and SMGs) are pretty much the same as far as prolonged accuracy goes.
I'm talking more of the situation where you need to take down multiple targets in different spots and therefore need to stay accurate while spraying or you and the other guy have good cover and so you need to spray a lot. Rifles don't stay accurate that way and like you say, SMGs are very good for being on the move.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I'm talking more of the situation where you need to take down multiple targets in different spots and therefore need to stay accurate while spraying or you and the other guy have good cover and so you need to spray a lot. Rifles don't stay accurate that way and like you say, SMGs are very good for being on the move.
I've never noticed that at all. SMG's are good on the move, yes, but these situations you're describing only require a good aim.

The extra power of the Assault rifles negates the accuracy of the SMG's. You could fire 8 shots from an SMG with them all hitting, and you have a kill. Fire 8 shots with an AR, 5-8 will hit, still giving you the kill.

Why would you need to spray a lot at someone behind solid cover? Just sit tight and shoot him when he pops out, or rush his spot while firing single shots to keep him down.
n0sX
+71|6463
HC is crap. First see first kill, no skill involved.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I've never noticed that at all. SMG's are good on the move, yes, but these situations you're describing only require a good aim.

The extra power of the Assault rifles negates the accuracy of the SMG's. You could fire 8 shots from an SMG with them all hitting, and you have a kill. Fire 8 shots with an AR, 5-8 will hit, still giving you the kill.

Why would you need to spray a lot at someone behind solid cover? Just sit tight and shoot him when he pops out, or rush his spot while firing single shots to keep him down.
Actually Smg's are way more overpowered in in Regular why do you think they limited spec ops to 2. And at medium ranges a good smger can easily kill an Assault Rifle user even if the Assault Rifle user is good.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6424|...
wat team do u play for
i g
Banned
+876|5873|GA

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

wat team do u play for
i think client-l

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard