[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6729|Oregon
steam uses less resources then xfire, msn, any web browser, and about the same as ventrilo. for an app that automatically updates your games, etc, its very well built and convinient.

however, today it decided to not recognize all the games i have bought thrugh steam for some reason. theyre on the disk in the right folder, but it wants me to install them. as of now ive found no workaround; ticket into steamsupport as we speak.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Steam = care
EA = dont care
Shadow893
lel
+75|6699|England
Steam is no problem with me and I actually like it - no need for crappy xFire anymore.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6699|England

David.P wrote:

Acreta wrote:

TF2's fucking D3D errors are a joke. Steam/Valve and nvidia need to reach an agreement to fix it, its fucking annoying as half the people with 8 series cards cant even play properly.

I used to think it was good, but now its a bloody joke.
Yeah no Shit! And all the bullshit bugs they say are fixed have just been reduced slightly.
er what problems are  these? i have an 8800gt  and i have seen no problems.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6413|NSW, Australia

my steam wont open
agent146
+127|6394|Jesus Land aka Canada

csmag wrote:

agent146 wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Having recently bought CS:S, just for the hell of it, it installed Steam aswell. I think it's ridiculous that you have to start Steam to play.

And from having used it the few times I have, 5 out of 6 times it has frozen and crashed. And when it's running "perfectly fine" it's buggy, unresponsive and takes ages to load.

Without a doubt the worst program I have ever used.

PS: Don't join me on CS:S, I fucking suck at it..
you know what? lol zomg my cs s and dod s had been crashing recently as well.

but it worked before for years fine but now...its ...freezes and crashes. and i am like...screw it i am goign to play bf2!
Do you have an ati card?
no...but i will be getting a new computer soon so ya.

but seriously i think it must be my graphic card that is over heating...only when there is big gun fight the game freezes.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.
If you hate steam now, you should have tried it when it first came out
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.

Sydney wrote:

If you hate steam now, you should have tried it when it first came out
Yeah no kidding. Remember friends working for like 2 days and then not again for 2 years or something? I remember opening steam up with 256mb of ram (or maybe it was 512) and it took forever! I doubled what I had and it was so much quicker, I was in heaven.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard