Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Stingray24 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Also, the Bible is full of shit.
Your slant on the Christian and Muslim view of Christ is simply incorrect.  But your opinion of the Bible is stated above so I'm not surprised.
Do you deny that Jesus is one of the most important prophets in Islam?

Therefore Muslims believe he is one of the most important people ever to have lived. Therefore Muslims are not anti-Christ.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

Masques wrote:

Pug wrote:

rammunition wrote:

with this "spiritual guide" saying he wants islam to be destroyed is like Bin Laden saying he wants the west/non-believers to be killed/destroyed.

thats would make him an extremist aswell

If McCain becomes president, then we are all in trouble
I think you're overstating the facts.

This is not credible at all.
I know there are many people here who are non-plussed at comments calling for the destruction of Islam or Arabs, but MANY posters on here have been called Anti-Semites for even mild criticism of Israeli foreign policy. McCain seeks out the endorsement of a man blaming the Holocaust on Jews and another calling for the same treatment of Muslims and yet...nary a peep out of some here.
I'm not debating the endorsement's merits.  Endorsements always have a dark side.  I'm referring to the idea that McCain = Hitler.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6723|Eastern PA

Pug wrote:

Masques wrote:

Pug wrote:

I think you're overstating the facts.

This is not credible at all.
I know there are many people here who are non-plussed at comments calling for the destruction of Islam or Arabs, but MANY posters on here have been called Anti-Semites for even mild criticism of Israeli foreign policy. McCain seeks out the endorsement of a man blaming the Holocaust on Jews and another calling for the same treatment of Muslims and yet...nary a peep out of some here.
I'm not debating the endorsement's merits.  Endorsements always have a dark side.  I'm referring to the idea that McCain = Hitler.
I agree that McCain, though his ideas are outmoded, is probably not racist or bigoted.

But which is worse, someone who is openly bigoted or someone who, while not bigoted, panders to and stokes such sentiments to get a vote? I'm thinking of both Clinton and McCain here.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

Masques wrote:

I agree that McCain, though his ideas are outmoded, is probably not racist or bigoted.

But which is worse, someone who is openly bigoted or someone who, while not bigoted, panders to and stokes such sentiments to get a vote? I'm thinking of both Clinton and McCain here.
No different than some of the stuff Obama's doing, IMO.  The "no big money campaign" gimmick for example.

I'm not sure I'll be voting for McCain this year BTW.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Good on him. Best thing to do is purge these crazies asap
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Oh snap! Another Christian conservative cleaned out.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2000/02/29/bush.2.t_9.php
WASHINGTON: Senator John McCain, in a provocative and politically risky speech, sharply criticized leaders of the religious right on Monday as "agents of intolerance" allied to his rival, Governor George W. Bush, and denounced what he said were the tactics of "division and slander."

Specifically, Mr. McCain singled out the evangelists Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell as "corrupting influences on religion and politics" and said parts of the religious right were divisive and even un-American.
Now McCain rejects Rod Parsley’s endorsement
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
The sad thing is McCain is probably doing it just to placate the nutjobs within his own party... who coincidentally have a lot of power.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
I gotta admit that McCain is gaining some respect from me on this.  He may yet win this election through prudent appeals to moderates.  I'm still pulling for Obama, though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

The sad thing is McCain is probably doing it just to placate the nutjobs within his own party... who coincidentally have a lot of power.
The nut jobs in his party have traditionally pandered to these religious types.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vax
+42|5853|Flyover country

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

he gets a +1  from me for distancing himself from these people.

He kind of had to though, Obama distanced from his albatross,  Mccain  has to keep up :

He added that his relationship with Hagee did not compare with Obama’s lengthy association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright. “I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright's extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual advisor, and I did not attend his church for twenty years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today,” said McCain.
13rin
+977|6480

Bertster7 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Also, the Bible is full of shit.
Your slant on the Christian and Muslim view of Christ is simply incorrect.  But your opinion of the Bible is stated above so I'm not surprised.
Do you deny that Jesus is one of the most important prophets in Islam?

Therefore Muslims believe he is one of the most important people ever to have lived. Therefore Muslims are not anti-Christ.
Bad form.  Your post doesn't work because of one word.

Infamy. 

Just because someone in has proven themselves worthy of significant rememberance in a culture's history does not guarantee their society dosent regret them being a part of it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6480

Spark wrote:

Just because one isn't a bleeding heart, doesn't make them a nut job.

And to address the op... NO.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-05-23 21:18:45)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Wallpaper
+303|5995|The pool

rammunition wrote:

media and U.S administration is run by the Christian right and they will continue to hide this.
Wait, what?
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
he took his time and only rejected this idiot after he said "hitler was doing gods work", he still hasn't distanced himself from the comments of destroying Islam.

and just read the updated bit about ron parsley, the "rejection" doesn't seem convincing to me

Last edited by rammunition (2008-05-24 06:26:21)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

rammunition wrote:

he still hasn't distanced himself from the comments of destroying Islam.

and just read the updated bit about ron parsley, the "rejection" doesn't seem convincing to me
McCain has "distanced himself" from religious intolerance all together. I suggest you investigate what he said in response.

rammunition wrote:

he took his time and only rejected this idiot after he said "hitler was doing gods work",
He never said that he thought Hitler was doing gods work. Hagee was just reading prophecies from the old testament. He was responding to the question of "how could god let that happen to the Jewish". The media and feeble minded ran with it. Hagee is actually a supporter of Israel. He founded Christians for Israel. http://www.cufi.org/site/PageServer?pag … john_hagee

rammunition wrote:

have you heard of John McCain's pastor?
Your thread was based ignorance from the start. Hagee isn't even Mccains Pastor.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spark wrote:

You're right.  Most conservatives aren't nutjobs, but most of the Religious Right is...
13rin
+977|6480

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spark wrote:

You're right.  Most conservatives aren't nutjobs, but most of the Religious Right is...
Meh not the one's I know personally in power.  They ate actually quite nice.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Meh not the one's I know personally in power.  They ate actually quite nice.
Aren't you a theocon as well?
paul386
+22|6246
"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups."

- Ron Paul

I recon a lot of you are racists by that definition.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

paul386 wrote:

- Ron Paul
who?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

paul386 wrote:

"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups."

- Ron Paul

Tell Ron that he shouldn't let Lew Rockwell write racist diatribes in his name if he wants to be taken seriously on the topic of racism.
paul386
+22|6246

Turquoise wrote:

paul386 wrote:

- Ron Paul

Tell Ron that he shouldn't let Lew Rockwell write racist diatribes in his name if he wants to be taken seriously on the topic of racism.
Perfect.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

paul386 wrote:

- Ron Paul

I consider that a pretty accurate definition.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard