MrBrain
+24|6690|Finland
Ah the guns were downgraded in 1.2 That's why I couldn't fucking get a guy killed with it, I got one lousy kill and that was when I sprayed one guy until the machinegun boiled, then he died. I though it was me sucking that bad, I've never quite BH whored by the gun and as I remenber it it used to be like a one bullet kill.
They could actually have left the gun alone, the BH armor is so weak now anyway. An vodnik easily takes down a BH at mastuur while it tries to get to the helipad for repair...
Why do DICE always overdo it, they try to balance it but instead makes it useless. Or the other way around as with the PKM or claymore spamming
Torin
+52|6692
I think DICE botched the job on the Blackhawk "fix". Before, the only reason you'd kill anyone in the BH is because of the splash damage, not because it spits out so many bullets. All they had to do to fix the insane kill spam from the Blackhawk is to reduce the splash damage radius or the amount of splash damage itself. Having to hit someone dead on with the BH guns while moving borders on impossible.

Not to mention that reducing the heli hitpoints and making AA better should have been enough countermeasures for the BH being so good, but noooo, they had to nerf the guns too. With all the vodniks on that map and the MI-8 rammers, it was hard enough to keep the Blackhawk alive against intelligent enemies, but now it's not even worth trying.

The Blackhawk went from the best option for kills and teamplay points on Mashtuur, to not even worth using.. Now all I do on that map is snipe.
JimKong
+31|6642|Ohio
Removed the guns?

How is tossing shit out of the helo stat padding? That's the same as saying someone in a Hummer turret is padding because the gun has unlimited ammo.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA

M60 wrote:

The new black hawk is usslese. I agree i want exploding shells back. for the black hawk gun dammit.
exploding shells?? when did they get rid of this old BH cause ive had this a few months and i dont remember 1 or do i?? umm oh ya i remember now nvm
Deadlift
+9|6681
Hint: Since yesterday I was killed via PKM over the same distance as I attacked the guy with the m95, i figured this to be the new Blackhawk Gun.
Basically if you have the pkm unlocked sit in a chair behind the mounted guns... its almost like the old times.

I hope the 1.21 patch brings a little more balance back to the game, as well as the old Helis.
Shure I love the AA being beefed up to get those Heli and Jet campers out of their chair, but it is nearly impossible to take the AA out even if you go in very low and hammer 2 guided missiles in via Cobra.

I agree that Helis up until now could be used like planes nad everyone could use em(if hes fast enough), high approches hover over the target and basically kill everything in sight.
While helis were ment to sneak in low and use terrain, but even doing that is almost only possible in clean sweep since only there are enough hills to use as cover.
And while we're at it... dont you also find it annoying if you hammer 3 Anti Tank missiles in a Tank another player just uses 1 on the same tank and gets the kill... why dont I get a Kill Assist for that.
StikeZero
+0|6712

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

I miss the old blackhack !!!
I do too, loved whoring on the Mini's, i think we should boycott BF2 until they fix it
RDMC_old
+0|6736|Almere, Holland

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

By removing the guns of the black hack i think they removed a really fun part of the game ok the AA are better choppers weaker but why nerf the blackhack as well now you park it beside a AA site and the gunner shoot at the aa and it does not kill it wtf ?
Black hack was fun to play with now its a useless transport chopper...The PLA choppers are better then the BH now
I miss the old blackhack !!!
me 2 yesterday I shot the minigun directly to some1.. till it over heated and not even a kill the damn thing is so inaccurate
AuSFinN
+1|6688
The old blackhawk was bloody frustrating to be killed by!

Ah yes,

Ton anglais est merde.

There. I said it in french
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

StikeZero wrote:

... i think we should boycott BF2 until they fix it
excellent you do that.. then its one less person i have to be better than in the ranks
Hit_Sqd_BaKed
+-2|6644
I was just playing yesterday in the BH as a gunner. Ya its easy to get shot down but i didnt notice anything about the damage or accuracy of the gun though. I had no problems shooting all the people around me, was like 27-4 or something close to that. Ive only been playing for a few months though maybe i didnt have enough time to notice the difference.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm going to post the same thing that guy above me post. Oh and the guy above him. Oh and the guy before him someplace in the post. Oh and the same that guy that was before him. Let me reiterate the same thing as that guy that was somewhere before me. Oh and let me say it again to make certain that I hit home with the exact same point as that guy above him made. Did you get the same point?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Mr.kodak
+-1|6670

kilroy0097 wrote:

I'm going to post the same thing that guy above me post. Oh and the guy above him. Oh and the guy before him someplace in the post. Oh and the same that guy that was before him. Let me reiterate the same thing as that guy that was somewhere before me. Oh and let me say it again to make certain that I hit home with the exact same point as that guy above him made. Did you get the same point?
Well that wasted 7 seconds of my life that i could have read another post. Wtf was the point of that.

The blackhawk now is like candy in the air for plane whores. A few bullets then BAM 6 kills.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX

Mr.kodak wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

Well that wasted 7 seconds of my life that i could have read another post. Wtf was the point of that.
No real point. Just being snarky and showing my displeasure of the same argument being repeated over and over again. I don't do it often but once in a while it's really time to quit complaining. So blah.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6716
well i gotta step in here:). Couple of days ago i went in the blackhawk and my pilot turned rounds at hotel so we were flying in circles
and i almost shot like 500 bullets at this sniper on the roof... and i didnt frigging managed to kill him
Hendricks
+0|6636|Holland
Mashtuur was so fun to play with black hawk.It made this map worth playing.Now its a boring map.Choppers are now useless.U wont live long if u enter a chopper unless u have 4 engineers on board!Hope they undo this change!
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6733|Oslo, Norway

J0hn.F.Kenedy wrote:

ya but dropping c4 is possible from the MEC and PLA chopper as well
yeah, but you have to do it in style, i would not want to be seen riding in a MEC whale
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6700|England, UK
Yep. The guns on the bawk hawk are now well underpowered or inaccruate or whatever patch 1.2 has done to over nerf them. Yet another over nerfing by ea/dice to make the game not as good as it was.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6700|England, UK

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

It's good that it sucks. All you poor BH whores will have to actually fight on Mashtuur city now. That map was completely ruined because of the BH. Too bad they couldn't have just downgraded it for that one level alone. Or they could have at least given the MEC and PLA choppers an equivelant transport.
You have a point but IMHO the new patch has gone TOO FAR in over nerfing certain areas of BF2. The black hawk mini's is one of them. You can't shoot for shit now and I can shoot pretty well.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6700|England, UK

General_Anabolic wrote:

I liked the guns in the BH in the last 1.12 patch.  The original guns were way too good though.  Though it sucks getting mowed down by the BH it does add another element of fun to the game.  Now the BH is boring.  I don't care if every aspect of the game is perfecty balanced, its fun having so many different elements to the game.  What they should have done is upgrade the worthless MEC and PLA transport choppers.
Exactly right m8.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6720

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

the new blackawk is useless like the mec/pla choopers now... thats good because it brings balance to the game. the blackhawk is a TRANSPORT chopper, it was never meant to be a gunship.... i actually see MEC winning most of the rounds now that the new patch has nerfed it.
did you ever watch black hawk down? when there dropping delta to the crash site and the blackhawk turns with the minigun and mows down about 5 people with rpg's?
did YOU ever watch black hawk down? Seems to me that something kept happening to blackhawks in that movie, something, oh i dont remember quite what, it was to do with the title!

...so maybe the blackhawks being more vulnerable now is actually more realistic!

it seriously is a transport, not a gunship, the miniguns are to provide suppressive fire so the troops dropping in aren't exposed while vulnerable (as you tend to be, since naturally a bh has to drop you in the open)

if you think about the amount of damage and the number of losses of blackhawks in the mogadishu incident, and that wasn't even with guided anti aircraft missiles, it was with old russian rpgs... all in all i'd say bf2 lets you have it pretty easy!

and sure, circling a flag on mashtuur city is fun for a small number of people
1- the gunner, who's gaining heaps of kills without having to use any skill
2- the pilot, who's getting points for hovering around in a loose circle
3- the passengers, who are getting points for sitting in a vehicle, sometimes holding wrenches and sometimes spamming nades / c4

but it's not fun for
1- any of the opposing team, who get to spawn for several seconds, and then get mowed down, and
2- any of the friendly team, who don't have anything to do and can't get decent scores because there's no opposition

and yes, i do it sometimes, and i still do, and i haven't found the 1.2 patch has impeded that seriously, it just requires that you use a little more skill in doing it. the biggest change i've noticed is people in mashtuur actually use the AA defences, which everyone used to forget about

Last edited by he_who_says_zonk (2006-02-26 06:05:10)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6700|England, UK

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

the new blackawk is useless like the mec/pla choopers now... thats good because it brings balance to the game. the blackhawk is a TRANSPORT chopper, it was never meant to be a gunship.... i actually see MEC winning most of the rounds now that the new patch has nerfed it.
did you ever watch black hawk down? when there dropping delta to the crash site and the blackhawk turns with the minigun and mows down about 5 people with rpg's?
did YOU ever watch black hawk down? Seems to me that something kept happening to blackhawks in that movie, something, oh i dont remember quite what, it was to do with the title!

...so maybe the blackhawks being more vulnerable now is actually more realistic!

it seriously is a transport, not a gunship, the miniguns are to provide suppressive fire so the troops dropping in aren't exposed while vulnerable (as you tend to be, since naturally a bh has to drop you in the open)

if you think about the amount of damage and the number of losses of blackhawks in the mogadishu incident, and that wasn't even with guided anti aircraft missiles, it was with old russian rpgs... all in all i'd say bf2 lets you have it pretty easy!

and sure, circling a flag on mashtuur city is fun for a small number of people
1- the gunner, who's gaining heaps of kills without having to use any skill
2- the pilot, who's getting points for hovering around in a loose circle
3- the passengers, who are getting points for sitting in a vehicle, sometimes holding wrenches and sometimes spamming nades / c4

but it's not fun for
1- any of the opposing team, who get to spawn for several seconds, and then get mowed down, and
2- any of the friendly team, who don't have anything to do and can't get decent scores because there's no opposition
If your talking about realism, then you need to remember that a blackhawk mini gun will mow down lots of troops, just like a tank will own troops, a attack heli or jet will kill lots of troops and vehicles etc. They are killing machines and its in their very nature to kill in high numbers, such is modern war. A balance was needed in BF2 but the over nerfing has gone to far.
SuB
+50|6676
personally i just want the fucking water splashes back
what happened to shooting the water and getting a splash?!

Last edited by SuB (2006-02-26 06:33:43)

Hamleipa
+0|6635
And while into realism, im glad they finally did something to the BH.
In real life, those gatlings mounted in the BH carries 5.56 ammunition, i've heard of 7.62 too but not sure if it is used by the BH gatlings.. My point is, with the old patch, the black hawks gatlings fired rounds that exploded. There is no such thing as multi purpose (or exploding) rounds in caliber 5.56 or 7.62. The guns in a black hawk fire the same rounds that are being used in th M16 assault rifle so to speak.
The nose mounted gatling of the A10 tank killer carries explosive rounds, and thats a 30mm..
It would've been more likely for the russian chopper to carry explosive rounds since those actually exist in cal 12.7. Even the top mounted gun of the buggy can carry explosive rounds, cause its a 12.7, but as you can read on the ammo box on the side of the gun, it says "BALL" and not "MP", and that means no exploding. Probably because there is illegal to use "expanding ammunition" on personell, see the Geneve Conv...
Hendricks
+0|6636|Holland
U are probably right about the real life technical things,but what about gameplay?It was so much fun to mow everybody down.(And it was good for kill-death ratio)By the way,with 6000 bullets a minute ,i think it is quite realistic to kill that easily.

Last edited by Hendricks (2006-02-26 11:43:16)

Pineapple_Pez
+2|6744
Nerfing the BH is the best thing EA could have done.  The MEC actually has a chance of winning a round in Mashtuur now.  I hated all the BH whores because all they did was rack up the points endlessly without giving the guys on foot a chance of capping bases.  Cruising around in a BH was basically stat-padding.  Now all the BH whores can suck my balls and stop whining.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard