Do you uncap rape?

Yes72%72% - 173
No27%27% - 65
Total: 238
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN

Mint Sauce wrote:

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

I agree it can be a subjective term and I understand that some people find raping to be fun.  I just feel like if everyone has fun (not just the dominating team), then more people want to play and play more often.  That's where I'm coming from particularly as the admin of a server.  I mean we want people to play and we don't want people leaving the server pissed off.  On our server, we used to allow the uncaps to be raped once all the other flags were captured.  We found that when that happened, the losing team would just quit the server and our population would go down.  So since we changed the rules to infantry only attacking the uncap, it helped our population meaning that more people were enjoying their time in our server (otherwise they would leave, right?).

So I just feel like it's better if everyone has fun or rather that nobody has a really shitty time.  Some people will have more fun than others, but at least people aren't getting pissed off and quitting.
Why does every one of your posts have something about your shitty ass server in?
Because I'm letting you know what I've learned from my experiences.  I've learned that players quit playing when they get raped as described in my post you quoted.  I just figured that since the only way to play the game in ranked mode is to play in public servers with other players operated by other players, that I could offer some of my experience in running a server.  Without people ponying up the money to provide a server to everyone else, you wouldn't be able to play the game.  Just thought I could offer some insight from my perspective as the operator of a server.  Is that offensive to you? 

Also, I'd say less than half my posts have any mention of our server.

I'd like to hear what other people who run servers have experienced in their servers.

Last edited by NUNYA! Bluecow003 (2008-05-19 13:36:11)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6296|eng

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

I agree it can be a subjective term and I understand that some people find raping to be fun.  I just feel like if everyone has fun (not just the dominating team), then more people want to play and play more often.  That's where I'm coming from particularly as the admin of a server.  I mean we want people to play and we don't want people leaving the server pissed off.  On our server, we used to allow the uncaps to be raped once all the other flags were captured.  We found that when that happened, the losing team would just quit the server and our population would go down.  So since we changed the rules to infantry only attacking the uncap, it helped our population meaning that more people were enjoying their time in our server (otherwise they would leave, right?).

So I just feel like it's better if everyone has fun or rather that nobody has a really shitty time.  Some people will have more fun than others, but at least people aren't getting pissed off and quitting.
Why does every one of your posts have something about your shitty ass server in?
Because I'm letting you know what I've learned from my experiences.  I've learned that players quit playing when they get raped as described in my post you quoted.  I just figured that since the only way to play the game in ranked mode is to play in public servers with other players operated by other players, that I could offer some of my experience in running a server.  Without people ponying up the money to provide a server to everyone else, you wouldn't be able to play the game.  Just thought I could offer some insight from my perspective as the operator of a server.  Is that offensive to you? 

Also, I'd say less than half my posts have any mention of our server.

I'd like to hear what other people who run servers have experienced in their servers.
I never found that baserape made any difference to player numbers. Generally on I/O servers players don't whine as much, and our server was I/O city maps..

The only map where Baserape is really annoying is Jala.
#rekt
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN
Hmmm, that is interesting that it didn't affect your server.  I think if people know ahead of time that it's expected to happen and a server can build a reputation for it being acceptable, then the players who tolerate it or accept it will play there.  Without the known reputation for it or without players expecting it when they come to a server, I think it hurts the population more.

I've never played I/O servers before, but I would imagine people wouldn't get as frustrated with it.  It's usually the jets, choppers, tanks, etc. raping that tend to be the most frustrating.  That's why we allow infantry to attack the uncap but not vehicles, which is essentially the same in an I/O server since there are no vehicles to use there.

So in a sense, as far as uncaps go, our server has similar gameplay to I/O servers except we don't allow attacking with arty in the uncap.  So in a sense, if you play I/O and like to attack the uncap, you could do the same thing in our server.  Just saying in a sense, we sort of agree in a roundabout way.

Last edited by NUNYA! Bluecow003 (2008-05-19 13:50:27)

i g
Banned
+876|5874|GA

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Ah the intelligence of this forum never ceases to entertain me.  Quality responses to be sure.  Please, continue.
refer to user title pl0x
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5876

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Exactly, I like to have discussions.  It's a little difficult though with responses like the ones I quoted above.  I don't know, some people don't care to discuss things though (even on a discussion forum, haha).
If you want srs bsns (Serious Business) then go to D&ST. Everywhere else in this board is a fest of lulz. Or talk to a mod about spam (Zimmer, Flaming_Maniac, etc). But seriously, most of the people who post extremely retarded shit here are either trolls or people who are looking for the lals, and are fairly intelligent. Again, most people.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=100486

Most.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5941|Somewhere out in Space

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Hmmm, that is interesting that it didn't affect your server.  I think if people know ahead of time that it's expected to happen and a server can build a reputation for it being acceptable, then the players who tolerate it or accept it will play there.  Without the known reputation for it or without players expecting it when they come to a server, I think it hurts the population more.

I've never played I/O servers before, but I would imagine people wouldn't get as frustrated with it.  It's usually the jets, choppers, tanks, etc. raping that tend to be the most frustrating.  That's why we allow infantry to attack the uncap but not vehicles, which is essentially the same in an I/O server since there are no vehicles to use there.

So in a sense, as far as uncaps go, our server has similar gameplay to I/O servers except we don't allow attacking with arty in the uncap.  So in a sense, if you play I/O and like to attack the uncap, you could do the same thing in our server.  Just saying in a sense, we sort of agree in a roundabout way.
It is the immature kids with short attention spans that leave when the raping commences.  Since your server was constantly emptying when rape was going on, it can be assumed your server has a poor player base, and isnt worth visiting anyways, regardless of rules.

You are naive. Yes, you think you know what I/O is like, but to be frank it is far worse than rape.  Take karkand, replace armor whores with the guaranteed 2 kills per life claymores, and artillery with nadespammers.  Now, imagine this with rape disallowed.  You have 80% of the USMC as support, spamming nades to no end.  They dont care that they lose, they just want those easy kills.  Kinda pointless dont you think?  Maybe you should experience it firsthand before you start making your own judgment calls.  And i see no resemblance to your infantry rule to an I/O server.  Infantry only can attack, yet the enemy can counter with any vehicle AND artillery, which is non-existent in I/O.  Nice double standard you have there.

I am all for giving teams a chance to fight, but i want them to be punished if they fail or decide not to take advantage.  Should i ever own a server, uncap attacking would be disallowed UNTIL 1) the first five minutes of a round have expired, or 2) a team has captured at least one flag that they did not start with/begins with more than 3 flags.  I.E. The team that would get raped would have to start with 3+ flags/capture 1 or get 5 minutes of fail before the attacking team can move in.  If team can take advantage of their free time, they can have a chance to fight.  If said team fails or camps the carrier like the air whores most of them are, they get raped like they deserve to.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN
Well we changed the rule about allowing the uncaps to be raped once all the flags were captured like 5 or 6 months ago.  So our server HAD a poor player base (according to your statement).  We're fine now.  I'm not really sure how you measure the quality of a player base in a server though (player rank? I don't know).

Your description of rape in the I/O servers sounds like it really sucks.  Not sure why I would ever want to play anything like that.  You're right about the fact that in our server the team in the uncap can defend itself with their vehicles.  So I'll give you that one.

Guess my whole point is just that I like to have fun and I like to try and make sure other people don't have a shitty time too.  In a game that's almost 3 years old, points or stats really aren't that important.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Guess my whole point is just that I like to have fun and I like to try and make sure other people don't have a shitty time too.  In a game that's almost 3 years old, points or stats really aren't that important.
Ok.  If you really believe that, make your server unranked and see how popular it becomes.  The players that actually play for fun play the mods and unranked server.
i g
Banned
+876|5874|GA

https://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2613/screen046mn9.jpg
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN
Point taken, I'm just saying it's not all about stats.  You can still have fun (and not ruin others) and contribute to your stats at the same time.
i g
Banned
+876|5874|GA

killer21 wrote:

The players that actually play for fun play the mods and unranked server.
not true. vanilla > all.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6195

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

killer21 wrote:

The players that actually play for fun play the mods and unranked server.
not true. vanilla > all.
I agree with ig.
I have always just played for fun. And for me the most enjoyment I have is owning noobs who just plain suck and watching them complain about my bunnyhopping or some shit in chat. That's one of the most gratifying things about BF2.... the noobs who complain
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6719

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

You can still have fun (and not ruin others)
but i like the smurfs that sit there complaining about me raping them.. it doesn't matter where i am, whether i'm their base or on the other side of the map their still going to get raped and their still going to shout "admin! admin!" and complain so whats the difference. before anyone throws in a "its unfair!1!!" as teh difference... if they can't kill me in 10 trys of being base raped (im referring to IO rape fyi - however i still support vehicle rape ) I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a good chance of winning a 1v1 anywhere else on the map anyways. perhaps said people should go back to slower paced fail games like wow... I really don't care if I'm ruining anyones fun as I'm having my own.. if I'm ruining their fun maybe they should work on getting better instead of sitting there screaming for admins in chat maybe, just maybe then they'd have fun too... :]

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

blahblahblahblah
WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN GET ON TEH XFIREZ >,<
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Marinejuana
local
+415|6595|Seattle

TehMyke wrote:

if they can't kill me in 10 trys of being base raped (im referring to IO rape fyi - however i still support vehicle rape ) I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a good chance of winning a 1v1 anywhere else on the map anyways. perhaps said people should go back to slower paced fail games like wow... I really don't care if I'm ruining anyones fun as I'm having my own.. if I'm ruining their fun maybe they should work on getting better instead of sitting there screaming for admins in chat maybe, just maybe then they'd have fun too... :]
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6756|Mexico City

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

spawn raping is for fags.
uncap rape is ok, if your or the enemy team has lost all flags and has no intention to move up.
Shut up Bennet.
what he said
NO
u 2 go and do some gay pilates.......
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6756|Mexico City

3lmo wrote:

uncap rape is ok, if your or the enemy team has lost all flags and has no intention to move up.
So how do you exactly rape an uncap than?
what i despise is spawning at uncap and getting killed 0.25 segs. later, even that the enemy has not gotten all flags.
if my team has lost all flags we deserve to be crushed, hey, i even start tking, some idiots deserve to go back to WoW...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6392|the land of bourbon

hey, i even start tking, some idiots deserve to go back to WoW...
like urself?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6313|The | Netherlands

3lmo wrote:

So how do you exactly rape an uncap than?
what i despise is spawning at uncap and getting killed 0.25 segs. later, even that the enemy has not gotten all flags.
if my team has lost all flags we deserve to be crushed, hey, i even start tking, some idiots deserve to go back to WoW...
Hmm, well that's a bit extreme.

https://i26.tinypic.com/mmbk9g.jpg

This was one of my lamest bans for rape, that guy was dropping jeeps on my spawning chopper, putting arty on it, evenwhile the enemy havok was raping the TV-station already, and when I finally got up and came even close to the sea I got locked on by his AA. One time I bailed and got on that island, so I killed him like 2 times in it and after that he wasn't amused anymore
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6654|internet
heh that is not lame
This is lame....
I was playing ghost town and SAS commander killed me few times in a row,he was in TOW at SAS uncap,so finally i managed to kill him right after he shot the heli i was so f9ckin far from uncap,but thhose bitches banned me anyway....
Now i always do a  spawn camp and it doesnt matter if i get ban or not

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Dima33/screen010-2.jpg
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6283

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Point taken, I'm just saying it's not all about stats.  You can still have fun (and not ruin others) and contribute to your stats at the same time.
Fun will never be on the same side.Its either the uncap rapists,or the chickenshits who wont get out of uncap.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN
Would you guys agree that rounds that are closely matched, meaning that ticket counts are pretty close, are fun?  I would say that even if you're on the losing side of a close match, it's still fun because you're trying your hardest and working with your team to help them win.

So that's what I mean when I say have fun and not ruin other's fun.  Having balanced teams to me makes it fun for both sides.  So when I see people complain about a team sitting in an uncap, that means the teams are unbalanced.  Teams being unbalanced I think really sucks no matter what side I'm on.  So what I'm simply saying is that instead of getting mad at a team that sucks and raping them, you have at least these options:

1.  Switch teams to make the teams more balanced
2.  Find a server that doesn't have such a problem with unbalanced teams
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6283
chances to find a balanced server are like-what?1 in 100?Just play in whatever side you are put.

And to answer your question,people are playing for fun and stats,not for winning the game.I will be satisfied if I had a good game,even though my team lost by 60 tickets.

PS:I think you are the only one in here that does not enjoy raping noob teams.As I said a page ago,fun is an objective term.I have no problem whatsoever for you to help the sucky team out,but im not going to do it,sorry.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6392|the land of bourbon
i only want to win.  my goal is to pass killer21's w/l ratio.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5946|New York
I think the point everyone is trying to get to is: Admins. ruin the game, noone likes  a crybaby and baserape is fun tbh.

edit: wtf, i'm pretty sure i posted in this thread last night.

Last edited by CommonSense (2008-05-20 12:56:13)

NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5929|Minneapolis, MN
So you all would rather play in servers with no admins and no rules?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard