Junior_Mud
+1|6659|Concord, CA
What would all of you think if EA made it so that everyones score would be reset once a year?.........
Now before you flame the hell out of me.... think about it seriously for just one second.....
1) every year would be a 'new' competition for the top 10 global spots.
2) all the noobs and weekend warriors and experianced gamers new to BF2 would start out equal to everyone else.
3) Once you get to the top anyways.... wheres the fun? wouldn't you like to do it again and again and prove that your the best ALL the time?
All's I ask is that you think one second about it. If you still hate me afterwards then flame on.......

All responses welcome.
Ludic
+0|6759|New York
Worst idea ever.
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6717
accually its not that bad......i have thought about stats reset lots and im not too sure accually....but i would hate to loose all the hours i have played to get to where I am.....
Trooper_Collider
+25|6736
Naaahh!!!!

Semper Fi!
MooseRyder
+37|6647|Montréal, Canada
DUDE! some of my ribbon took me tons of deaths and tons of hours to get them and ur saying everyyear im gonna lose them! no way worst idea ever!!!!!!
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6747|Columbus, Indiana
Ya like I want to go for the Basic Explosives Badge all over again. Oh that's right I still haven't gotten it.
WormGuts
+17|6786|Dayton, Ohio
Moron...

So you expect everyone to be cool with the idea of hundreds of hours of hard work getting flushed down the toilet.  You do understand that most medals and the advanced ranks are unreachable to the vast majority of gamers within a one year time frame don't you?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6665|Canada Eh?
Sounds like a dumb idea, I ain't reaching Gunnery Sgt twice a year!
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6773
this idea is terrible
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6696|SE Pennsylvania

Junior_Mud wrote:

All's I ask is that you think one second about it. If you still hate me afterwards then flame on.......
Yeah, we all HATE you because you made a dipshitted post about a dumbass idea.  No....we just think it's stupid.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6746

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

go kill yourself
Well thats very too the point
Junior_Mud
+1|6659|Concord, CA
I guess.... I remember another game I played..... That StarWars Galaxies MMORPG. its started off, then they opened a new server about 6-9 months later so all the people who didn't jump in the initial game could start with the whole pack at the same time. It was pretty cool...

I do understand though that you all invest thousands of hours in this game. I just wish I didn't have to do so many fun things like paintballing, having kids and a family. driving my boat in the summers etc to play more BF2.

*Tisk tisk*
johnnyblaze803
+0|6700
after going back and forth between this site and another, i found a solution (rather someone else did) and it worked for me aswell as far as getting stats back in BFHQ. Keep logging out of the game and back in, checking your BFHQ each time. The original poster said 3 times for his to reshow. took about 6-7 for me but it did work so it may be worth a try. Aint played ingame yet so im not sure the longevity of the fix or updates for that matter but anyhow there you go. also link to other thread.

http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?sid=&postid=182186#post182186
bballguard
+0|6638
my score came back after  i played around of single player just wait a few minutes.
pdanrichey
+5|6799
I'll freaking kill you Junior_Mud.  You're going to die bitch...I'm coming out of the booooth!!

Last edited by pdanrichey (2006-02-24 17:10:51)

Amish_electrition22
+9|6628|Minneapolis-MN
From one perspective, yes. everyone would be equal ans we would see who is really the best in the short game.

On the otherhand.. wo0o0o0o0t!!!!!!!!!! thats just... no.... never, EVER talk of that again.
Apoly
+2|6647|Grand Haven, Michigan
If they reset all our scores i would stop playing this game and then burn the cd in a firey pit of molten hot lava, let it dry, put that hardend rock into a spaceship and send it to a distant star and then develope a method to create wormholes and place one by that star and let it engulf that area of space to destroy the game.

'nuff said
Metaltop
+1|6755|The Netherlands
If they would do this it would bring a World War 3.

Looking at your sig I see you have 4000 global points so you probably haven't played the game a lot (not to flame against you or anything).

But the people that have played a lot to have a nice rank/unlocks/awards won't like it to start at 0 again. (I know I won't).

Your idea could work if there weren't any unlocks or awards to get.(Just points for a higher rank).
So it would be more fair for new players to become commander or #1 at the Leaderbord.

But since the game has the unlocks/awards stuff the top leaderbord is for people that are die-hards with the game, and in this way it is fair that they are noticed because they play this much and get that amount of points.

I don't know what the "fun" is for the top players, most of them are all playing 1 map and 1 kit only but maybe if they want a higher rank now they will have to play with different kits and maps with different vehicles.

Just my opinion.
Junior_Mud
+1|6659|Concord, CA
got I can see half of you guys foaming at the mouth like a crack addict hand cuffed to a bench with your precious 'rock' just an inch out of your grasp ready to knaw your hand off! holy cripes!

lol just a hypothetical question here.

but continue please. I love the analogys on ways to destroy me or the game.
DSRTurtle
+56|6677
Maybe a separate score for each year?  I think that would be cool.  You keep your weapons and medals and stuff, but the year score used for top 10 and stuff like that
Junior_Mud
+1|6659|Concord, CA
not a bad idea, split it. keep all your shit and record your highest score. per year, but also keep a running score.
E|W4v0r
+8|6655|New York

timeinfinite wrote:

accually its not that bad......i have thought about stats reset lots and im not too sure accually....but i would hate to loose all the hours i have played to get to where I am.....
Exactly my thought.
But I wouldn't mind if you kept all your ribbons, badges, unlocks, etc. from all previous go throughs.
Mantlsman
+1|6638
Its kinda of odd we put so much time and effort in a virtual world, i love games and do put most of my time in it. All they are are numbers, yet we fight everyday for them, punch pillows, slam our fists, draw pictures in school/work, wating to get home to pwn some noobs, so much drama. I LOVE IT!!!!
FromTheAshes
+53|6696
Idiot. I can see this coming from sombody with less then 5000 points.

Try getting 300,000 points THEN say this idea is a good one.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6838|Australia
lol i have less than 50,000 points i think its bad... doesnt matter if u reset it every year the same people will still be on top.... and those people will still be the people who play the most!

think about it it wont change nothing realy...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard