elite
+89|6728|Sheffield, England
As most of us know iraq is on the brink on civil war, but cant this be stopped, think about it, the 2 worlds best armies are in iraq ( usa, britian) so cant this be prevented.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6708|San Francisco
Not at all.  Our armies are there to provide security until the so-called "Democratic Government" gets set up, and there to protect the oil resources.  It's already been shown that there is a growing mixed feeling about our occupation, and having us try to intervene in a civil war that we absolutely do NOT understand (two thousand years of Sunni/Shi'ite conflict quelled by intervention from our armies?  right...) is just going to get more of our soldiers killed when they get caught up in the fray.
M60
+1|6658
They bin on the brink of civil war in that part of the world for 200 years now. Nothing new. the religious leaders don’t like other religious leaders so they get a group together and go bomb the other. It cant be stopped. But i dont think civel war persay will ever come.

Last edited by M60 (2006-02-24 09:24:55)

Giant_Squid500
+5|6686|U.S.A.
Im starting to think we should just pull out of Iraq and all the other middle eastern countries and let them fight each other until they either set aside their differences (fat chance, slim to none) or the countries will implode and kill each other off.
elite
could this be the start of ww3, other countries joining in, and joining sides, the the whole world joins in and fights.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6686|U.S.A.
WW3 between the middle eastern countries wouldn't be much of a war, I mean, they're all dirt poor and don't have very good technology. Plus, I don't know what countries would join in on WW3 in the middle east, I don't think anyone likes the Middle east.

Im sure we would be smart enough (at least I hope) to pull out of Iraq if it goes to a full scale WW3.
Esker
+1|6741
The perfect solution would be to bring the soldiers home and send politicians over there instead.
Juke
+0|6651
The only reason why the AMY´s go in the Iraq is because they want the oil of them.
Fuck the AMY`s , bomb their home
Dilbert2468
+6|6754|Australia
What about Australia our special forces were frist in, haven't lost a soilder yet
Juke
+0|6651
You are the most hatred country in the world.
Pleace kill yourself to make the world much better.
M60
+1|6658

Juke wrote:

Dont make us angry or we will bomb your home and blame it on some one else. and also i wish we were there for the oil then my gas wouldent be at a 30 year record high.

Last edited by M60 (2006-02-24 17:22:28)

LW_Cobra
+0|6711
I can only HOPE for civil war in Iraq. We (USA) don't belong there, we didn't need to free them of Saddam - they did. This would make Bush look like a bigger idiot than he already is, and that is fine by me.

Proud of my Country, ashamed of my president...err governer.
Mantlsman
+1|6660

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

WW3 between the middle eastern countries wouldn't be much of a war, I mean, they're all dirt poor and don't have very good technology. Plus, I don't know what countries would join in on WW3 in the middle east, I don't think anyone likes the Middle east.

Im sure we would be smart enough (at least I hope) to pull out of Iraq if it goes to a full scale WW3.
Umm the largest oil fields are in the middle east. Oh, countries WILL join sides, if not fight themselves and win over the country and get the rest of the oil contracts. Chu-ching
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Russia had some of the crappiest tech in Europe during WW2 and they still entered the fray...

Everybody likes the middle east, it has Oil and many a religious holy ground within it....

War brings power to the winning side... No doubt that the US of A and its allies would win in that case...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert2468 wrote:

What about Australia our special forces were frist in, haven't lost a soilder yet
Nor do we ever want one dead. No please.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

Marconius wrote:

Not at all.  Our armies are there to provide security until the so-called "Democratic Government" gets set up, and there to protect the oil resources.  It's already been shown that there is a growing mixed feeling about our occupation, and having us try to intervene in a civil war that we absolutely do NOT understand (two thousand years of Sunni/Shi'ite conflict quelled by intervention from our armies?  right...) is just going to get more of our soldiers killed when they get caught up in the fray.
islam aint that old
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6687|Colorado
I just cant wait till we pull out & the iraqis have a big party in the streets cause we are gone, like they drove us out.
BVC
+325|6710

Juke wrote:

America has done some bad things recently, but I still hate the french more.  A lot more.  Actually, I don't even hate america really, just france.

Last edited by Pubic (2006-02-25 00:47:03)

elite
fuck sake stay on topic
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Marconius wrote:

...two thousand years...
islam aint that old
It's aproximately 1300-1400 years old, so 2000 is close enough for the purposes of this discussion.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

M60 wrote:

and also i wish we were there for the oil then my gas wouldent be at a 30 year record high.
I think you'll find that's got more to do with the fact that people are finally starting to realise that it's a fastly diminishing resource.

And that's why it so is about oil.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-02-25 07:24:14)

Jepeto87
+38|6699|Dublin
When you look back through history most countries have had at least one civil war, its something that has to happen a sort of coming of age in my opinion

Its bound to happen as the Kurds never have or will want to be part of a united Iraq, I find it ironic the UK and US went to Iraq to spread democracy and freedom (or so they claim after finding no WMD's) and yet would deny these people there independence.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6694
We took out Hitler and now look at Germany . We bombed Japan and look at us now , allies . We took out the Taliban and Afghanistan is getting better day by day with a few attacks in isolated areas . Iraq ( hopefully ) will get better and become allies once again . But it isn't going to happen overnight .
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6729|US
Who are no longer allies, jonnykill? 
I am beginning to doubt whether there will be peace in Iraq in my lifetime.  There is still a fight for power.  Iraq's oil is a major issue to, well, everyone.  Mix that with religious intolerance and ethnic violence, well you get the picture. 

On second thought, one party will probably oppress the other into insignificance once the US leaves, and major fighting will cease.
Rathji
+1|6697
Killed by orcs today, stupid orcs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard