Commie Killer
+192|6394
I have downloaded any skins, but now the M3 looks like a SPAS 12 in third person, in first person it looks normal. Anyway to get it back?
agent146
+127|6394|Jesus Land aka Canada
its possible you forgot to delete the world view files thus it looks like a spas12.

its also probably your new skin now does not have a world view and thus you forgot to take out your old skin which is hte spas 12.

lol i rememeber when i had this situation before myself....

Last edited by agent146 (2008-05-16 19:38:38)

Commie Killer
+192|6394

agent146 wrote:

its possible you forgot to delete the world view files thus it looks like a spas12.

its also probably your new skin now does not have a world view and thus you forgot to take out your old skin which is hte spas 12.

lol i rememeber when i had this situation before myself....
So what would I do to remedy this problem?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6349|Atlanta, Georgia
My computer > C Drive > Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > Your Log in > Counter Strike Source > CStrike > Materials > Models > Weapons > If there is a W_models folder then that is the "World View" and their might be a V_models folder and thats the "First Person View. Just delete the V_models and W_models.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5842|Australia
just delete all the material folders and stuff in the cstrike folder, genepool told me to do that to get rid of all the skins as it just redownloads them when you join a server that barrs custom skins.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Commie Killer
+192|6394
Ok so I delete them both. That works. Now can I join any server that has the normal skins by default, or do I have to join a special server, also, how to I keep this from happening again?
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
What you are encountering is servers that use SV_pure 1 or 2 or servers that force default models.

Sv_pure 1 (lets the operator choose specifically which skins should be allowed, if you got some that are not on the list it kicks you)
Sv_pure 2 (Blocks all skins and forces you use default ones when you join the server.)

The normal way just kicks you from the server till you get rid of every Custom skin you have.
Commie Killer
+192|6394
Im not getting kicked, the problem was the M3 was invisible when on the ground.

So I just gotta delete every skin and then join any server?
Commie Killer
+192|6394
Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself. Back to the regular M3 skin.
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
Post a link to the skin you where going to install and I can guide you on how to install it. I have installed quite a bit of skins.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5972|London, England

LIL, why did you download skins, thats just silly
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
Well mainly because the default ones get boring and look rather ugly compared to the Custom models that are being offered by some great skinners out there.

World models are made out of like 20-30 polygons which really is a small number for a weapon. What's LIL btw? The new word of LOL. pfft
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5972|London, England

Zefar wrote:

Well mainly because the default ones get boring and look rather ugly compared to the Custom models that are being offered by some great skinners out there.

World models are made out of like 20-30 polygons which really is a small number for a weapon. What's LIL btw? The new word of LOL. pfft
lil lil lil lil, its catching on...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
agent146
+127|6394|Jesus Land aka Canada

Mutantsteak wrote:

LIL, why did you download skins, thats just silly
i do it for -the uniqueness; that it is "your load out"
-some of the skins look quite incredible
-one gets bored with the standard m4 and ak
-you impress and confuse friends when they come over and say "OMG my ak47 is dual uzis?!" or "wtf the deagle i picked (which really is a glock) does 16 damage?"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard