Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.

Bulldogz wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

I saw them do an acoustic show when they opened up for Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews like 3 weeks ago. I'm not usually a fan of that type of music but I thought that they sounded great. They played some of their new songs which I liked.
Yeah I'm personally trying to acquire tickets to a showing for them in here in Oregon, but the tickets are so freaking expensive...I've never payed over 20 dollars for a concert ticket, and they want almost 40. Ridiculous.
are you serious? the majority of the concerts i go to, the tickets are like $60. i wish they had lower ticket prices here in washington. i go to sooo many concerts it sure would save me a ton of money. but yeah i would definitely suggest seeing them in concert, i thought they did great.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I like them.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Bulldogz wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

I saw them do an acoustic show when they opened up for Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews like 3 weeks ago. I'm not usually a fan of that type of music but I thought that they sounded great. They played some of their new songs which I liked.
Yeah I'm personally trying to acquire tickets to a showing for them in here in Oregon, but the tickets are so freaking expensive...I've never payed over 20 dollars for a concert ticket, and they want almost 40. Ridiculous.
are you serious? the majority of the concerts i go to, the tickets are like $60. i wish they had lower ticket prices here in washington. i go to sooo many concerts it sure would save me a ton of money. but yeah i would definitely suggest seeing them in concert, i thought they did great.
yeah, well it could be the fact that i go to smaller venues like hawthorne theatre in portland...but I just don't have money to be spending on concerts at the moment...maybe I'll get it a ticket from my friends for my birthday. concert isn't tell the 24th, so who knows.

ATG wrote:

I like them.
It's cool to see that even though a majority of the people here don't like this kind of music, there is still a small amount that do enjoy it.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
Anybody else get the new album?  I downloaded it this morning from itunes.  It's good, but is kinda lacking some of the style? it had in plans.

and coldplay's coming out with a new album in June...

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2008-05-13 21:39:51)

Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
Yea, I got it before it came out when it leaked :X haha. But I'm gonna buy a copy so  I have a hard copy of it.

But I love Grapevine Fires, The Ice Is Getting Thinner, and Bixby Canyon Bridge.

I honestly loved the whole album except long division and pity & fear. They were ok, but not my favorites.

Idk, I'm torn between Plans and Narrow Stairs, They are both amazing albums, but neither one seems to have the upper hand over the other. They are pretty equal imo.
CommieChipmunk

Bulldogz wrote:

Yea, I got it before it came out when it leaked :X haha. But I'm gonna buy a copy so  I have a hard copy of it.

But I love Grapevine Fires, The Ice Is Getting Thinner, and Bixby Canyon Bridge.

I honestly loved the whole album except long division and pity & fear. They were ok, but not my favorites.

Idk, I'm torn between Plans and Narrow Stairs, They are both amazing albums, but neither one seems to have the upper hand over the other. They are pretty equal imo.
It's true.  I really like Talking Bird.

But you can't really go wrong with DCFC imo.  Well.. their earlier albums aren't too great, but Transatlanticism, Plans and this one are all really quite good.

I think it's been said that they don't really have albums, they just have incredible songs, 12 at a time
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
I can appreciate a lot of genre's of music. however, they're just not that original. at all. once i started learning music theory, 3-chord bands just aren't that good anymore.

re: ticket prices; most ive paid is 75$, but that was for 8hrs of music. average is probably about $40-45, but i often spend close to $100 total including poster/gas. i almost saw Bruce when he came through Portland but floor tix were $95.

on a different note; i vote bf2s-Oregonians road-trip it out to Bend to see Modest Mouse 2 weekends from now. just throwin' it out there.

also. ATG; i kinda like the stuff in your myspace, assuming its your band, right on. this is the band im producing/mixing right now. were probably gonna be done with all 5 songs next week. http://www.myspace.com/abovethemetaphor

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-05-13 22:44:57)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

Listening to the new album now. I like it (so far) a lot more than their older stuff.
Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
So I got tickets to the Bend concert this month

I'm excited to go. If there are any other Oregon bf2s'rs out there going, hit me up! haha.

Yea, my top albums from dcfc would have to be transatlanticism, plans, and narrow stairs. The photo album is OK. Not the best.

the first dcfc song I ever heard was Soul Meets Body. And I was pretty much hooked after that. (well I had heard the postal service stuff first, and its by the same guy, so idk)

Anyone see that special on tv the other day about dcfc's new album/tour? I don't remember what channel it was on, but it was only on for a half an hour. it was pretty cool.
CommieChipmunk
Dude I was thinking about getting tickets... whiskey where do you live?
Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
I think the show's sold out.

I'm not 100% on this, but if you are going you had to already have had tickets.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
im in southern oregon.... medford/ashland area.

im gonna be in the portland area for the first part of memorial day weekend for a LAN, then its up to Vancuver BC to see The Mars Volta on sat, then Modest Mouse in Bend on Sunday...lol, i just can't bring myself to pass either of them up. and then 2 weeks later im seeing Return to Forever (Chick Corea's band) the night after graduation, and then i got invited to the new ORL/JMW CD launch party in LA and i might be going...lol, busy times for music.

but tickets for death cab AND modest mouse are still available. i will  definitely NOT be going to DCFC though. TMV>them. any day, any year, forever.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F004 … orcatid=60
CommieChipmunk
I'm going
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
by "im going", do you mean DCFC, or Modest Mouse, or carpooling with us up the The Mars Volta?
CommieChipmunk

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

by "im going", do you mean DCFC, or Modest Mouse, or carpooling with us up the The Mars Volta?
lol I'm going to dcfc
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
sick. dog.

http://www.myspace.com/snaylpost

just finished this yesterday. fucking amazing. figured i needed to share it. best Post Punk/Pop Punk/PowerPop band ever. gonna be released on A Donde Viven Los Monstrous Records Label next month. these are finals. we got it on the first take. if you couldn't tell. for the record this is not the same band i posted earlier. we just did this for fun. and it was amazing. best part is that the local paper is doin a feature on the studio i run next sunday, and these guys are gonna be the cover pic.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-05-14 22:00:43)

Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I'm going
haha sick! I'm pumped, I gotta find someone to go with me, (I've got a yet to be claimed extra ticket) but I'll definitely be driving to bend on the 24th

maybe I'll see you commie haha.

and to the douche bag who sent me the karma:

go to hell. if you don't like the band, that's fine with me, but don't be a freaking douche about it.

oh and to the other guys in this thread, here is my last.fm account to prove that I don't just listen to indie, and in fact listen to a huge array of other crap haha.

Last edited by Bulldogz (2008-05-14 22:02:43)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
omlols weird al. i remember when he was amazing. hes like the the middle-school of Flight of the Concords.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-05-14 22:06:27)

Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

omlols weird al. i remember when he was amazing. hes like the the middle-school of Flight of the Concords.
lol yea, the only reason he's on my top listens is because I have an playlist on my itunes that's specifically just comic acts, and obviously I don't have many on there...and his songs are on there, and when I leave my ipod on over night, it will just loop his songs over and over lol. So whatevs. ha
Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
bend concert is in two days and I finally got someone else to go with me

anyone else besides commie going?
CommieChipmunk
That concert was pretty fucking sweet, they're really good live... though I couldn't feel my toes at the end.
Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
Yeah, I was super sick all the way up, threw up like 3 times on the way there, got there, and it started to rain...so needless to say I didn't wanna get x10 worse, so I left with my friend before the concert started unfortunately...I'm pretty sure just being there the amount of time I was, I got worse. I havent eaten in three days because I can't keep down anything...it really sucks. So basically I missed my one chance to see my favorite band...it sucked. I didn't even know the decemberists were gonna be there. I hate getting sick. and right before graduation too >
CommieChipmunk
Dude that blows...
Bulldogz
+32|6001|Rexburg, Idaho
Yeah and I just found out today that along with all the vomiting, (which i barely just got over) I have strep on top of that. AWESOME.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6159|Anaheim, Mexifornia
If we are talking about indie music.

Fugazi>all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard