SealXo
+309|6555
my buddy called me whos sortof a bonehead, at first he still had the old ram in and i told him to take them out as they would not work.

so now he did and he says his computer keeps turning on and off after a few seconds.

ideas?
Brasso
+1,549|6650

details?  what exactly doesnt work?  what was the speed of the old RAM?  and the new RAM?  and how about the motherboard standard memory speed?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SealXo
+309|6555

haffeysucks wrote:

details?  what exactly doesnt work?  what was the speed of the old RAM?  and the new RAM?  and how about the motherboard standard memory speed?
I actually built it for him lol but it was two christmas ago

it was a pentium D board
he had 1gig of idk the ram details

and now he has 2x 1gig kingston ddr2's
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6410|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

SealXo wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

I actually built it for him lol but it was two christmas ago

it was a pentium D board
he had 1gig of idk the ram details

and now he has 2x 1gig kingston ddr2's
Maybe his board doesn't support ram that fast. I'd probably just tell him to put one stick in at first and see if it boots and stays switched on
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

We need all specs, all changes you've done to the hardware recently, and where it reboots.

You can't just expect us to magically know the answer to your question.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard