doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5857|Nibiru in a far away galaxy

HurricaИe wrote:

On one hand i've heard about how we're "overdue" for a volcano in Yosemite and shit, but on the other hand I'd be willing to bet these freak occurences of nature's wrath (e.g. volcano in Chile, crazy storms in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, Myanmar cyclone, China earthquake) have happened before. Rare, like the alignment of the planets, but I'd say we keep a level head. We've made it billions of years so far... let's make it a few more.
I agree
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

SenorToenails wrote:

I don't think mankind is causing earthquakes.
mankind --> causing everything LOL
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
There is nothing 'strange' going on. The world (universe) and nature has been delivering up disasters for billions of years. There is nothing special about today and nothing special about 4 or 5 events in the past 2 weeks. Everything is based on probabilities and it just pure coincident that these things happened, but even so, its is not abnormal amount of things to happen in such a long period of time anyway.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

2004 was pretty messed up.. at least 'round these parts.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vax
+42|5851|Flyover country

DrunkFace wrote:

There is nothing 'strange' going on. The world (universe) and nature has been delivering up disasters for billions of years. There is nothing special about today and nothing special about 4 or 5 events in the past 2 weeks. Everything is based on probabilities and it just pure coincident that these things happened, but even so, its is not abnormal amount of things to happen in such a long period of time anyway.
yes

I think  one thing that IS strange, or unprecedented in human history anyway, is the level of reporting and media. 

It's global and instantaneous; we hear about everything that happens across the planet on a daily basis, and i think it can lead to a possibly distorted sense of how common cataclysmic natural events are.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
We can change the atmosphere, we can change the biosphere, but we can change the lithosphere. It's just too damned huge.

Mind you, there is anecdotal evidence that resevoirs increase the change of certain types of earthquakes...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard