doug1988
spank that azz.
+146|5828|Nibiru in a far away galaxy
This thread is about all Earth activity's: like , Earthquakes/Hurricanes/tornadoes/tsunamis/floods etc. post and discuss:  I been noticing a lot of Earthquakes lately , here's the website I use http://www.iris.edu/seismon/  check our Oregon. discuss:
p.s. lets try to keep this on changes we are experiencing on the planet.
also here our a few websites I have bookmarked if you like to check them out ,  www.livescience.com/      http://ww2.earthday.net/    http://www.sciencemag.org/

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 16:45:44)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6497|Portland, OR USA
Well I still say bad shit is the extrapolatable result and the space program needs more money to get us off this rock and infest another.

And no - I don't think we're causing earthquakes for the record.
doug1988
spank that azz.
And yes I still agree ,   if that blows , ( Yellowstone ) ,  the world as we know it will be no longer. probably would go into another Ice age.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 13:15:46)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY
I don't think mankind is causing earthquakes.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6315

SenorToenails wrote:

indeed I don't think we influence them.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Thread cleanup complete. I advise people to stay on topic.
I need around tree fiddy.
doug1988
spank that azz.
Thank you DONFCK  , The thread will remain open.
doug1988
spank that azz.

SenorToenails wrote:

Me neither , something is causing the Tectonics Plates to be active lately. Oregon had 3 small quakes today , 4.8 , 4.3 , 4.2

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 13:31:24)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Even we had one the other month, and Britain never has earthquakes (ones that you can actually feel anyway).
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
doug1988
spank that azz.
I saw that/reading about it and on the news ,  a 5.2 , that's strange.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6605|South Jersey
Would you all rather have these small earth quakes or a megathrust EQ?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Even we had one the other month, and Britain never has earthquakes (ones that you can actually feel anyway).
Actually, we had a "feelable" one a few years ago.

And we get mesurable ones fairly often.

OT, i don't even think enough is understood about tectonics to the say "we are influencing this".

For all we know, it could be a 245676473 year cycle thing.

Hell, we can only just about predict earthquakes by a matter of minutes at the moment!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
doug1988
spank that azz.

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Would you all rather have these small earth quakes or a megathrust EQ?
Usually it's a sign of a bigger one or some kind of volcanic activity. or just the natural movement of the Earth , just odd that a lot of it has been going on all around the world lately , especially around Oregon lately. Northwest area. Alaska had one today as well. also Australia has been experiencing a lot as well in the 7.2 range.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-04-14 16:49:20)

doug1988
spank that azz.
Just got this email from someone I know , and no this is not a joke , very serious , remind you I didn't not write this , got this from a friend of mine from the science community: USGS on watch for extreme seismic activity on West Coast.

Rumour USGS team pulled out from West Coast.

"Hey all; By a strange series of accidents, we have been able to help
confirm that Reno has what appears to the USGS as precursor volcanic
activity at the site of the recent earthquakes. We have been advised
by someone claiming personal knowledge that the USGS has withdrawn
their teams from the west coast of this country due to their
considering it some level of emergency situation. I have had the
Reno info confirmed by a source there that was not informed by the
government, even though they are a TV station. Steam and gas is being
vented at the site of the earthquakes in the Verdi/Mogul area, about 5
miles west of Reno.

the worst of it that I was told (by the person that got it from a
friend at the USGS directly, so I am 3rd hand here) is that they are
on a watch for extreme seismic and or volcanic activity for the entire
west coast at this time. The person that I talked to was scared, and
was advised by his friend at the USGS to leave the west coast.

Hope it is all a storm in a teacup, but when FEMA strikes, they end
communication. Please take this for what it is worth, I just
can't not inform you because of what I have heard, and having had
parts of it confirmed.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-05-12 19:00:58)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

It's just a rumour.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
1904 repeat?
doug1988
spank that azz.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's just a rumour.
And you know this how ? I know this guy , he wouldn't email me this with out some concern , look around you , for the last 2 weeks we had a cyclone hit parts of Asia for the 1st time in such a low level area , we had huge gigantic sink holes both in Texas and Maryland witch swallowed up 3 houses , we have fires in Florida , flooding in both the Midwest and parts of the eastern us , biggest earth quake in china in over 30 years , so please look around , all this in less than 2 weeks , they could be right about the west coast and don't forget the earthquakes we just had in the Midwest.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-05-12 19:12:39)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

doug1988 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's just a rumour.
And you know this how ?
Because you said so:

doug1988 wrote:

A few freak occurrences does not equate to the "end days" you keep harking on about.
doug1988
spank that azz.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's just a rumour.
And you know this how ?
Because you said so:

doug1988 wrote:

A few freak occurrences does not equate to the "end days" you keep harking on about.
who said anything about end of days ? this is about safety and peoples lives and NO I do not harp about the end of times , like I said all this in less then 2 weeks ???? looks more than just A few freak occurrences. if you can not post here with something positive then don't come here or post anything at all , I put this here for serious talk not a debate , so take that with a grain of salt ok ? thank you.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC

doug1988 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

And you know this how ?
Because you said so:

doug1988 wrote:

who said anything about end of days ? this is about safety and peoples lives and NO I do not harp about the end of times , like I said all this in less then 2 weeks ???? looks more than just A few freak occurrences. if you can not post here with something positive then don't come here or post anything at all , I put this here for serious talk not a debate , so take that with a grain of salt ok ? thank you.
"debate and serious talk"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

doug1988 wrote:

if you can not post here with something positive then don't come here or post anything at all , I put this here for serious talk not a debate.
My mistake. I thought this forum was for Debate and Serious Talk.

And again sorry I dismissed the "Serious Talk" with your emailed rumour from a friend of a friend who is a potential insider.
doug1988
spank that azz.

HurricaИe wrote:

doug1988 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Because you said so:

who said anything about end of days ? this is about safety and peoples lives and NO I do not harp about the end of times , like I said all this in less then 2 weeks ???? looks more than just A few freak occurrences. if you can not post here with something positive then don't come here or post anything at all , I put this here for serious talk not a debate , so take that with a grain of salt OK ? thank you.
"debate and serious talk"
Just leave it at serious talk , this is not open for a debate as I am relaying some news that could or could not be serious OK ? and debate and serious talk is two words = 2 categories , lets just keep an open mind OK , thanks

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-05-12 19:28:59)

doug1988
spank that azz.

SplinterStrike wrote:

1904 repeat?
Could be or maybe not splint , we'll just have to waite and see over the next few days , me personally I hope that NOTHING happens , but with all these other events going on I just don't know.

Last edited by doug1988 (2008-05-12 19:31:54)

doug1988
spank that azz.
All serious talk welcome , don't mean to be rude about the debate part , but I'm trying to keep this thread for any and all information about what's going on lately on our planet , there are plenty of debates here already , thank you
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
On one hand i've heard about how we're "overdue" for a volcano in Yosemite and shit, but on the other hand I'd be willing to bet these freak occurences of nature's wrath (e.g. volcano in Chile, crazy storms in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, Myanmar cyclone, China earthquake) have happened before. Rare, like the alignment of the planets, but I'd say we keep a level head. We've made it billions of years so far... let's make it a few more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard