VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I killed dimetery, but I also saved right before...I am gonna have to go back and do it the other way. I killed Franscis because he was an ass, and I killed playboy because he was a stuck up ass...but I wish I woulda killed Dewayne. The "lets hang out" calls are annoying, and I cant fucking believe after all the shit I did for him Dewayne would get pissy when I was too busy to hang out. I doubt playboy would have been such an emo bitch, bothering me all the time.

r'Eee check out http://portforward.com/ other then launch day online has been flawless so I'm pretty sure its your fault
according to them you do need to forward a few ports (look under the ports list for PSN) My router didn't care, but I think my friends did...msg if you have trouble with the portforward thing.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

Well, I don't have a control over the main router. But, If I know which ports are needed, I can tell the Admin of the network. But keep in mind, I can play other games inc Resistance and Motorstorm, along with the PC games inc CoD4, TF2 ect...

Thanks for the link.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I killed dimetery, but I also saved right before...I am gonna have to go back and do it the other way. I killed Franscis because he was an ass, and I killed playboy because he was a stuck up ass...but I wish I woulda killed Dewayne. The "lets hang out" calls are annoying, and I cant fucking believe after all the shit I did for him Dewayne would get pissy when I was too busy to hang out. I doubt playboy would have been such an emo bitch, bothering me all the time.

r'Eee check out http://portforward.com/ other then launch day online has been flawless so I'm pretty sure its your fault
according to them you do need to forward a few ports (look under the ports list for PSN) My router didn't care, but I think my friends did...msg if you have trouble with the portforward thing.
Playboy breaks contact with you when you kill Dwayne,  "He was like a brother to me man, can't see you now" so yeah he wouldn't be a pain in the ass
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
VicktorVauhn
So did anyone use cabs as much as me? I called Roman sometimes, but mostly I just paid for a cab...it would never be more then $50, most the time only $30

I didn't start with them till later on in the game but once I realized how great they were I did the last 1/4 with out driving my self other then when it made me. Save so much time cutting all the long distance driving out by paying an extra couple bucks to just skip directly to my destination.

I also realized that even if a cab wont stop for you when it has passengers, the cops don't mind if you yank those passengers out...so just chase it down and hold triangle and you get the cab anyway.

Just becareful near your parking spots...the drivers dash over to pick you up and will some times hit your parked cars/knock them out of the spot.
Gfinners
+17|6304|Cornwall, England

VicktorVauhn wrote:

So did anyone use cabs as much as me?
Yea

It's saves so much time driving from one side of the map to the other to just call a cab and skip the ride in 2 seconds.
When it says 'skip ride at an extra cost' how much roughly is this 'extra cost'?
VicktorVauhn
no idea...tried to find out but taxi drivers take SO LONG I give up.
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

Gfinners wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yea

It's saves so much time driving from one side of the map to the other to just call a cab and skip the ride in 2 seconds.
When it says 'skip ride at an extra cost' how much roughly is this 'extra cost'?
I prefer driving
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX

Gfinners wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yea

The hell does it matter anyway? lol it's like 60 bucks to get from the left island to the right one if you skip. And if you can't afford that you MUST be insane.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6641|Montréal, Québec

shadowcell_01 wrote:

Gfinners wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yea

The hell does it matter anyway? lol it's like 60 bucks to get from the left island to the right one if you skip. And if you can't afford that you MUST be insane.
Yea there is not much to buy anyway and if you keep yourself from the hospital, you have the money... I have about 50k and im 25% through the game.

In the worst case just call roman for a free cab, or press square so he hurry. Oh and you can also kill some1 and will probably get 50-60 buck.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore
Does anyone play multiplayer with wireless here? Sometimes i get signed out of psn while ingame. Is it because of my wireless signal?
robcr9
+111|5982

Ayumiz wrote:

Does anyone play multiplayer with wireless here? Sometimes i get signed out of psn while ingame. Is it because of my wireless signal?
Most Probably...How far away from your router are you?

If close to you, use Ethernet cable. Its a lot better.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore

robcr9 wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Most Probably...How far away from your router are you?

If close to you, use Ethernet cable. Its a lot better.
Rather far, like 2 rooms away=/
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Zimmer wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that. When you drive a certain car, more of them appear.
Ive noticed that aswell

You can find one of the rarest cars, then all of a sudden, they're everywhere!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

~Smokey~ wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Ive noticed that aswell

thats been the case with all GTA series, nothing new.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Ive noticed that aswell

thats been the case with all GTA series, nothing new.
Yeah... it's just an implication in the way that the game engine renders/generates the world around you as you drive through it. It doesn't really ruin the immersion for me- not when I'm driving a 'common' 4 door anyway. When I'm in a supercar and there suddenly seems to be 20 of them parked up on the sides of the road... well yes, another matter .

Re: Network disconnections/difficulties. I don't think this is a 'wireless vs. wired' problem. I tried both amidst my frustrations and to no avail. I think it's just because GTA IV uses some TCP/UDP ports that previous games don't. I could also play Halo 3, CoD4 etc. online Xbox LIVE with no problems at all... but GTA IV just needed a little bit of its own custom port-forwarding, and now it works flawlessly .

For your information, the ports I forwarded are:

Code:

TCP - 3074
UDP - 3074
UDP - 88
I also created corresponding 'ALLOW ALWAYS' Inbound/Outbound Firewall Rules to match this port-forwarding. I'm using a Netgear Router.

Hope that helped.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5997|Belgium

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

What's the difference if you accept Dimitri's deal or decide to kill him, does Pegorino still kill Kate at Roman's wedding?
if u accept roman dies which made me feel bad so I killed dimi with an rpg blindfire you know to compensate)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Holy crap!

Got my 32" HD tv today and my fucking god does GTAIV look good on it
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
The most epic van, ever?

https://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3517/dsc00911zk3.jpg
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average