DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada

tazz. wrote:

Who cares about your smelling of the dicks lady, YOU JUST THREW AN IPHONE OFF THE BALCONY!

What!

THE!

FUCK!

tazz. wrote:

What!

THE!

FUCK!
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

your argument already fails because you have fucking fergie as the first video. i didn't even bother to view the rest.

top 5 examples of why rap owns

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Lol.

Lil Wayne.

Fail.
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

DefCon-17 wrote:

Lol.

Lil Wayne.

Fail.
no.

u.

i love his style and sound. MOB
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Better example of why it doesn't suck:

Although, this thread is just entirely bullshit.

I think screamo is garbage, therefore it must be garbage.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6724|Oregon
ive gone thrugh many music phases. now is a good rap/hiphop, like Busdriver and Saul Williams. also, el-p is alright, but i only got into him cause Omar and Cedric have camios on his latest album.

there IS good rap/hiphop. popular rap is really shitty; case and point, "YOUUUUUUU!". however, you gotta give him credit, everyone will know his name for the next 2-3 years. AND he recorded that whole album on the FruityLoops demo, which doesn't have a save function.

saying all rap sucks is like telling Rick Ruben to go mix some Diesel Kitten; you don't do it.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-05-08 23:25:17)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
You can't say popular rap is shitty, you hippy.

Unless you're a non-conformist, in which case you're a complete idiot who should go die in some remote hole.

Wu-Tang, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Pac, Run-D.M.C., etc. etc. etc., are all popular, and they're definitely not "shitty".

Also: Backpackers are morons.
howler_27
+90|6689
IMO  -

Classic Rap that'll stand the test of time = Rulz

-2 Live Crew
-NWA-Dre, Cube, EZ-E
-Public Enemy
-Ice-T(High Roller days)
-2Pac
-Beasty Boys

Rap that is free to be deleted from the pages of time = flush it.

- Anything Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Kid N' Play
- 3rd Bass
- about 1,000 other artists. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the beats, as well as the messages that are sent, but dayum, it's so friggin' repetative.

40% rocks/60% fail IMO

https://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7277/36570914ho5.png

Last edited by howler_27 (2008-05-09 09:14:27)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

howler_27 wrote:

IMO  -

Classic Rap that'll stand the test of time = Rulz

-2 Live Crew
-NWA-Dre, Cube, EZ-E
-Public Enemy
-Ice-T(High Roller days)
-2Pac
-Beasty Boys

Rap that is free to be deleted from the pages of time = flush it.

- Anything Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Kid N' Play
- 3rd Bass
- about 1,000 other artists. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the beats, as well as the messages that are sent, but dayum, it's so friggin' repetative.

40% rocks/60% fail IMO

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7277/36570914ho5.png
Wut.

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince are dope.

What about...Whodini, Chubb Rock, Grandmaster Flash & Co, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick, Biz Markie, Run-D.M.C, and about 1000 other artists?

Edit: Although, if you count every single amateur artist, your 40/60 statement is probably a...well...understatement.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-05-09 11:06:26)

howler_27
+90|6689
Please understand that I was mearly trying to prove a point.  That being there are far more rappers/groups out there that completely suck, as opposed to the cream of the crop.  I obviously could have listed some of the artists that you have done above, but didn't feel the need to type EVERY ONE.  If you want a few more of the solid performers IMO...Sugarhill Gang, Cypress Hill, Melle Mele, LL Cool J, KRS1
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Well you seem to know your stuff, so I respect your opinion.

..Sugarhill Gang though?
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6724|Oregon
when i siad popular rap, i was implying music such as Soulja Boi or whatever the fuck his name is; pop/rap i guess would be a better term. i agree 90% with howler. i fucking produce/engineer music, i can respect a lot of genres. but obviously you didn't read my whole post; if you don't know who Rick Ruben is gtfo.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I read your whole post, and I never said I didn't know who Rick Ruben is.
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

DefCon-17 wrote:

You can't say popular rap is shitty, you hippy.

Unless you're a non-conformist, in which case you're a complete idiot who should go die in some remote hole.

Wu-Tang, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Pac, Run-D.M.C., etc. etc. etc., are all popular, and they're definitely not "shitty".

Also: Backpackers are morons.
I think he meant modern mainstream rap, which is shitty. All of those popular artists you listed, excluding Snoop (who is pretty whack now IMO) are not all that popular now.
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

mudder
+8|6528
Like every other area in life.  60% is terrible posers.  The other 40% get overlooked and put in a bucket with the tools.  The examples that were used here was mainly vids you would see on MTV.  Have you seen any form of music that was good on MTV in the last 10 years? 
I love hip hop, have since the fat boys tape i played back in the day. 

Some artist that will make you turn.
Pharcyde, Digable planets, Del The Funky Homosapien/Hyrogliphics, MR. LIF, Ultramagnetic MC's, MF Doom/VictorVaughn, Charizma and PB Wolf, My personal fav for the last few years has been Madlib.

Last edited by mudder (2008-05-10 10:29:54)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6724|Oregon

mudder wrote:

and PB Wolf
no shit. i saw him live on New-Years. honestly didn't think many people knew who he was, but it was pretty cool. he tossed out cds and one of my friends got one...it has tracks he recorded with his brother when they were 12. pretty damn funny.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2008-05-10 14:19:31)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

mudder wrote:

Like every other area in life.  60% is terrible posers.  The other 40% get overlooked and put in a bucket with the tools.  The examples that were used here was mainly vids you would see on MTV.  Have you seen any form of music that was good on MTV in the last 10 years? 
I love hip hop, have since the fat boys tape i played back in the day. 

Some artist that will make you turn.
Pharcyde, Digable planets, Del The Funky Homosapien/Hyrogliphics, MR. LIF, Ultramagnetic MC's, MF Doom/VictorVaughn, Charizma and PB Wolf, My personal fav for the last few years has been Madlib.
Ooooh I love the beatboxer of the Fay Boys.

...I can't stand Ladybug Mecca though. Not sure why.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6440

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Lol.

Lil Wayne.

Fail.
no.

u.

i love his style and sound. MOB
On no my beloved ig used Lil Wayne as proof of rap's goodness.  First time I've ever disagreed with you.  Not about rap being the shit, but just about lil wayne being proof of it.   Still lub you though

Mainstream:
Outkast (old like ATliens, SouthernPlayalistic type shit)
A Tribe Called Quest
Busta Rhymes
Notorious BIG
Tupac Shakur 

Indie:
Sage Francis
Pharcyde
Immortal Technique
Common (older stuff)

gg

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-05-14 00:28:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard