killaer
+41|6720
I haven't heard any news about this for a while now, apparently they've been released on the PS3 and 360 as DLC, but nothing for the PC?

Personally, I'd pay for the new maps. It's better than not getting them at all, I suppose I could pay a few bucks for a good couple of maps. Am I missing something here? Are they already out, or has IW just decided not to give them to PC users?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

killaer wrote:

1: pay for the new maps.

2: has IW just decided not to give them to PC users?
do you see why i quoted these?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
killaer
+41|6720

steelie34 wrote:

killaer wrote:

1: pay for the new maps.

2: has IW just decided not to give them to PC users?
do you see why i quoted these?
I know that PC gamers are accustomed to getting content for free in the form of updates, but I think that if they really included some good new shit in the update I'd pay for it. I paid for AF and EF and I enjoyed them plenty.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

i'd pay if they'd fucking release them sooner.

but you know what?  it really doesn't matter.  that's the beauty of the PC.  someone would just host the map files on rapidshare or something.  if they're protected, they'll crack them.

that's why it's stupid of IW if they do decide to make PC players pay for the maps.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise
Get some mod maps.  There are a lot out there better than any standard or update map.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

This isn't EA we're talking about here.

I remember someone quoting CharlieOscarDelta that we're getting them in addition to community maps. The delay is probably because they want to roll it out with patch 1.6.

Unless they aren't making a 1.6.

But,

This isn't EA we're talking about here.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6690|"The Empire"

Ganko_06 wrote:

Get some mod maps.  There are a lot out there better than any standard or update map.
QFT
killaer
+41|6720

Ganko_06 wrote:

I wasn't aware any servers were running custom maps. How do you see em? Does it download them easily right to your game like in CS:S or do you have to go and download them off a website that hosts the map?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
The new maps are amazing btw, worth waiting/paying for!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

FatherTed wrote:

are they all as small as the standard ones or are they bigger? I HOPE BIGGER FFS COD4 MAPS ARE TEH WORST MAPS EV4H!!!!!!!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

zeidmaan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

are they all as small as the standard ones or are they bigger? I HOPE BIGGER FFS COD4 MAPS ARE TEH WORST MAPS EV4H!!!!!!!
Creek feels fucking huge! As it looks, it's a bit of a sniper fest - but one guy running around the back with a shotgun eventually makes everyone pull a shotty out! basically the map plays as the players want it to, not how the enviro determines.

Chinatown is a fun SMG map mostly, with room for AR's

Broadcast is a really varied map, with room to room fighting, and some outside longer range stuff

And i havnt played killhouse yet - that only comes up in cage match i think.

Creek is perfect for Sab or S&D

Chinatown is good for S&D or TDM

Broadcast is good for S&D or TDM

Killhouse is only good for F4A
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5836|Australia

FatherTed wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Creek feels fucking huge! As it looks, it's a bit of a sniper fest - but one guy running around the back with a shotgun eventually makes everyone pull a shotty out! basically the map plays as the players want it to, not how the enviro determines.

Chinatown is a fun SMG map mostly, with room for AR's

Broadcast is a really varied map, with room to room fighting, and some outside longer range stuff

And i havnt played killhouse yet - that only comes up in cage match i think.

Creek is perfect for Sab or S&D

Chinatown is good for S&D or TDM

Broadcast is good for S&D or TDM

Killhouse is only good for F4A
thanks man, good input. best post ive seen here in a long time, for some reason.

hoping creek won't just be another overgrown.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6222|cs_connecticut‬‭
I don't like the new ones too much. They got old quick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard