Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

Before patch 1.2 I mostly played armor/transport class, or no vehicle class at all (+30 hours on almost all infantry classes). But since patch 1.2 ruined the plane whoring industry, I started checking out flying.

And I have one small word that describes my feeling towards flying in BF2 patch 1.2

OWNAGE!

I love it! I LOVE IT! I would marry an F15, if it could say "I DO!". I don't know what all the AA-crying is about, in a game I push up my kills to about 25 a round (which is incredible for me). My kill score (although low) alone has gone up by 100+ this week.

Everyone is so damn afraid of flying due to the changes in the AA that everytime I spawn at a carrier or airfield I have a fleet of planes just waiting to be used.

Let's do some math;

F15/F18/F35b + No enemy planes = OWNAGE!

About the AA crying. I seen countless people crying about that the AA is too strong, ruins flying. My point of view is that 5 bombs make a swift ending to an AA threat. Learn AA locations, learn to fly through sheltered areas (canyons, buildings etc).

So all AA-cry baby's; do me a favor! Leave the F15 in the hangar so people like me can have fun with it!

Bernadictus [F15] You!

Edit: Fixed some grammar typo's. Chuy: PUT IN A DAMN SPELL CHECKER

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-02-22 02:30:03)

littlemikey
+1|6701|Adelaide, Australia
I agree with you. I find flying no different now then how it was before the patch. The people complaining about being shot down too often dont have the skill to be pilots in the first place. they fly slow, and right at the perfect height for shooting them down. Most of them dont even know how to use flares.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Good man. Nice to see someone with some love.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ranger0405
+3|6740|Cali, USA
Yes !
Defiance
+438|6663

Arrr!
shspunkrockr
+0|6744
Finally someone says something positive about the new patch, I personally don't know what everyone is bitching about I have no problems with 1.2
WormGuts
+17|6785|Dayton, Ohio
I've been wondering if the people who knew where all the AA was before the patch (infantry men), and had a decent idea how to us it got a jump on suckas who always flew.  The people who used to ground pound knew where and how to best avoid AA once they started getting airborn after the patch. 

seems like i've seen alot of peops who rarely got to fly having alot of fun with it now.  and doing quite well...sometimes despite my best offers
infernalzen
+0|6621
lovin the view too.
the detail in amazing compared to foot slogging.
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6679|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
I agree! Though, if I were you, I would save the bombs and just use the machine guns on the planes to take out the stingers.
twiistaaa
+87|6660|mexico
im not a pilot and i suck but i never found the AA a real problem. its other better pilots that get me once they are on my tail im screwed. its hard to shake them, plus i use the keyboard and dont have that much experience. but the AA doesnt phase me at all really.
arnica
+18|6671|Sydney
Now wouldn't it be funny if you had to refuel the plane/vehicles in the next few patches?
arson
+99|6628|New York

arnica wrote:

Now wouldn't it be funny if you had to refuel the plane/vehicles in the next few patches?
What if EA made us buy the gas to drive/ fly lol could you imagine having to buy gas credits ????
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6683

Bernadictus wrote:

Before patch 1.2 I mostly played armor/transport class, or no vehicle class at all (+30 hours on almost all infantry classes). But since patch 1.2 ruined the plane whoring industry, I started checking out flying.

And I have one small word that describes my feeling towards flying in BF2 patch 1.2

OWNAGE!

I love it! I LOVE IT! I would marry an F15, if it could say "I DO!". I don't know what all the AA-crying is about, in a game I push up my kills to about 25 a round (which is incredible for me). My kill score (although low) alone has gone up by 100+ this week.

Everyone is so damn afraid of flying due to the changes in the AA that everytime I spawn at a carrier or airfield I have a fleet of planes just waiting to be used.

Let's do some math;

About the AA crying. I seen countless people crying about that the AA is too strong, ruins flying. My point of view is that 5 bombs make a swift ending to an AA threat. Learn AA locations, learn to fly through sheltered areas (canyons, buildings etc).

So all AA-cry baby's; do me a favor! Leave the F15 in the hangar so people like me can have fun with it!

Bernadictus [F15] You!

Edit: Fixed some grammar typo's. Chuy: PUT IN A DAMN SPELL CHECKER
I'm quite sure if I ran into you, I could ruin your fun. I'm quite deadly on the AA, but yeah I agree...The whiners are just unhappy that they can't bomb whore so freely now. It takes a little more skill than just flying to carrier to target to carrier again. I usually go about 30-5 when solely using mobile AA in maps. It's quite enjoyable actually!
Metamort
+19|6676

Bernadictus wrote:

OWNAGE!

Let's do some math;

I barely ever flew before the patch, but now, there are always planes, and I can actually hit people with the damn missiles once I get behind them! I don't end up trying for 10 minutes to shoot someone down with the guns! I have no complaints about being shot down - I often do awesome evasive manuevers, and if my plane is damaged, unlike before, all I have to do is fly over the airfield, bail out, and jump in the brand new plane just waiting there while no one uses it!!

I'm getting 5:1 k/d ratio rounds now sometimes in planes, whereas before I would get more like 2:3 or 4:5

and I've finally gotten my aerial service ribbon!!! Only one more ribbon to go (WCR)

edit: by the way I use the keyboard + mouse to fly - and long live the J-10! (screw F-35!! shite plane)

Last edited by Metamort (2006-03-07 20:08:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard