silentsin
+3|6688
Wow wesker, your probably the biggest loser on BF2, or you have a really bad case of OCD. First of all, YOUR WRONG, I've been around guns for most of my life (I go target shooting with my dad and I've always been fascinated by guns and weapons) and I have heard the terms used interchangeably, but never had anyone tell me that they were even remotely different. Unless you made the god damn terms up, you should research what your trying to prove first.

34766 wrote:

Teckademics wrote:

34766 wrote:

All of you are losers...
*cough*
look at your sig *cough*
Your ganna tell me you dont like it?
You know damn well what im thinking but im not ganna say it cause i wanna keep things peacefull
^ 34766, your sig is nice but stupid because we all know you will never get an ass that nice. Therefore in a way yes he is right, you are sort of a loser for putting that on your sig acting like your some sort of sex god.
Chowley
+1|6676|Ireland

oberst_enzian wrote:

i'll give you a good clip around the ear if you're not careful!
lol
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

Pernicious544 wrote:

sad to say it dude but your wrong

The clip is the thingie that has the ammo in it
The magazine is where the clip goes into the gun
The clip goes into the magazine, just like a clip and a magazine

dont bring up any ninny nany complaints to me, i got that off of Mail Call with R. Lee ermy on the History Channel
Thats because he was talking about an M1 garand retard....  yeah u use a clip to load the FIXED box magazine that is in that particular rifle....jeez
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

silentsin wrote:

Wow wesker, your probably the biggest loser on BF2, or you have a really bad case of OCD. First of all, YOUR WRONG, I've been around guns for most of my life (I go target shooting with my dad and I've always been fascinated by guns and weapons) and I have heard the terms used interchangeably, but never had anyone tell me that they were even remotely different. Unless you made the god damn terms up, you should research what your trying to prove first.
Than you certainly haven't been around guns long enough....look it up in some firearms reference books its there, look at most technical websites on the internet.....I'm done.
Chowley
+1|6676|Ireland
look at the above nonsensical posts then go away.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6763

Pernicious544 wrote:

dont bring up any ninny nany complaints to me, i got that off of Mail Call with R. Lee ermy on the History Channel
Wow...thats so wrong its not even funny...
The area where the magazine goes is called (surprise surprise!) the magazine well. In BF2, there are no "clips", all of the things that contain ammo are magazines.
Teckademics
+1|6716|Savannah GA

34766 wrote:

Teckademics wrote:

34766 wrote:

All of you are losers...

*cough*
look at your sig *cough*
Your ganna tell me you dont like it?
You know damn well what im thinking but im not ganna say it cause i wanna keep things peacefull
a gay joke? sure shoot all gay jokes this way if you say any black mexican or gay joke i dont know of ill send you 5 dollars in paypal.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6663|Colorado
Clip https://www.officemuseum.com/IMagesWWW/Gem_Clip_by_Apr_27_1899.JPG

Mag https://www.zdmcirc.com/graphics/win_whats_next_cover.jpg

You'll find most of the population is stupid... Whats the point again?
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

The area where the magazine goes is called (surprise surprise!) the magazine well. In BF2, there are no "clips", all of the things that contain ammo are magazines.
Wow someone with some freakin sense....thanks dude.

Supplemental Information care of http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1323705

Since the advent of the repeating, magazine-fed rifle in the mid 1800s, there have been a variety of methods and mechanisms for storing multiple rounds about the soldier's person, inserting these rounds into the rifle's magazine and holding the rounds in place so that the rifle's mechanism may act upon them. A magazine is any container which stores ammunition. A building used to store ammunition is a magazine; a compartment in a ship which stores ammunition is a magazine, a bomber's bomb bay is a magazine. Rifle magazines are small containers which store rounds, usually equipped with a simple mechanism - a spring and a metal plate - which keeps the rounds stacked evenly, and which pushes the rounds into the rifle's action as it is cycled. Historically, the magazines of the earliest repeating rifles were integral parts of the rifle, often in the form of tubes running underneath the rifle's barrel, indeed contemporary shotguns still tend to use tubular, under-barrel magazines. These fixed magazines were fed with individual rounds by hand, a process familiar to millions from Westerns. At this point in time soldiers, cowboys and rustlers held the rounds about their person in bandoliers or ammunition boxes.

A clip is, pedantically, a small piece of metal which holds rounds in place within a magazine. The M1 Garand mentioned elsewhere is an ideal example of this. The rifle's magazine stores eight rounds, which are held in place with a clip. After insertion the clip becomes an integral part of the rifle's mechanism, the action gripping and feeding from the clip, which is ejected once it has been expended. Rounds were issued to the soldiers in boxes, and were then transferred onto eight-round clips, which were fed into the M1's magazine. The terms 'clip' and 'magazine' have understandably become confused. (So your not confused this only pertains to weapons with integral magazine/clip systems such as the M1 Garand)

Theres your research silentsin....

Now pay attention here

The removable magazine was an innovation pioneered during the First World War, initially for light machine-guns such as the BAR and Lewis Gun. Clips do nothing to keep ammunition clean and protected in the field, and furthermore they can break and allow the ammunition to fall out. The process of holding back the rifle's bolt, placing the clip into the receiver's guide rails, pushing the rounds down into the magazine and manipulating the bolt again was slow, fiddly, and liable to push dirt and mud into the magazine along with the bullets. By the end of the Second World War most of the world's battle rifles and all assault rifles were fed with removable magazines, their weight a small price to pay for their advantages. Removable magazines still have to be fed with bullets, however, either individually (often with the help of special tools), or from stripper clips.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-02-23 23:22:25)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6707
Its a game, dork... to the original poster...  lmfao
Love is the answer
[MAA]MI2
+3|6763

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

Wow someone with some freakin sense....thanks dude.

Supplemental Information care of http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1323705

Since the advent of the repeating, magazine-fed rifle in the mid 1800s, there have been a variety of methods and mechanisms for storing multiple rounds about the soldier's person, inserting these rounds into the rifle's magazine and holding the rounds in place so that the rifle's mechanism may act upon them. A magazine is any container which stores ammunition. A building used to store ammunition is a magazine; a compartment in a ship which stores ammunition is a magazine, a bomber's bomb bay is a magazine. Rifle magazines are small containers which store rounds, usually equipped with a simple mechanism - a spring and a metal plate - which keeps the rounds stacked evenly, and which pushes the rounds into the rifle's action as it is cycled. Historically, the magazines of the earliest repeating rifles were integral parts of the rifle, often in the form of tubes running underneath the rifle's barrel, indeed contemporary shotguns still tend to use tubular, under-barrel magazines. These fixed magazines were fed with individual rounds by hand, a process familiar to millions from Westerns. At this point in time soldiers, cowboys and rustlers held the rounds about their person in bandoliers or ammunition boxes.

A clip is, pedantically, a small piece of metal which holds rounds in place within a magazine. The M1 Garand mentioned elsewhere is an ideal example of this. The rifle's magazine stores eight rounds, which are held in place with a clip. After insertion the clip becomes an integral part of the rifle's mechanism, the action gripping and feeding from the clip, which is ejected once it has been expended. Rounds were issued to the soldiers in boxes, and were then transferred onto eight-round clips, which were fed into the M1's magazine. The terms 'clip' and 'magazine' have understandably become confused. (So your not confused this only pertains to weapons with integral magazine/clip systems such as the M1 Garand)

Theres your research silentsin....

Now pay attention here

The removable magazine was an innovation pioneered during the First World War, initially for light machine-guns such as the BAR and Lewis Gun. Clips do nothing to keep ammunition clean and protected in the field, and furthermore they can break and allow the ammunition to fall out. The process of holding back the rifle's bolt, placing the clip into the receiver's guide rails, pushing the rounds down into the magazine and manipulating the bolt again was slow, fiddly, and liable to push dirt and mud into the magazine along with the bullets. By the end of the Second World War most of the world's battle rifles and all assault rifles were fed with removable magazines, their weight a small price to pay for their advantages. Removable magazines still have to be fed with bullets, however, either individually (often with the help of special tools), or from stripper clips.
Oh my God, someone made a coherent argument with facts to back it up.
Tagmaestro
+6|6695|New Jersey
Quick! Bind him to a pole and attack him with sticks!
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

[MAA]MI2 wrote:

Oh my God, someone made a coherent argument with facts to back it up.
Hehehe they better watch out

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Its a game, dork... to the original poster...  lmfao
Actually this post was originally just kinda of semi a joke and just venting my frustration but when people say I'm wrong, and I'm actually NOT than I break out the facts. 

Pwned.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-02-23 23:26:30)

OpsChief
+101|6666|Southern California
Oh Lorddddd, please bring back thine days of powder and ball for thou hast confuseth us thy servants with thine complexificated universe. Let us eschew obfuscation in our words and be efficacious in our deeds.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

OpsChief wrote:

Oh Lorddddd, please bring back thine days of powder and ball for thou hast confuseth us thy servants with thine complexificated universe. Let us eschew obfuscation in our words and be efficacious in our deeds.
HAHA Priceless...

muzzleloaders r fun.
shspunkrockr
+0|6743
I think little AlbertWesker here is  just desperate for attention.

Last edited by shspunkrockr (2006-02-23 23:37:25)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6634|Seattle, WA

shspunkrockr wrote:

No not really, just wanted to set the record straight, in fact I hate attention and would love nothing more than everyone to freakin learn the meanings of words, and leave me alone.  Oh and play BF2. and Eat food, and be happy. The end.
shspunkrockr
+0|6743

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

shspunkrockr wrote:

No not really, just wanted to set the record straight, in fact I hate attention and would love nothing more than everyone to freakin learn the meanings of words, and leave me alone.  Oh and play BF2. and Eat food, and be happy. The end.
I think "clip" is easier to say than "magazine" and saying "mag", just makes me kinda uncomfortable, maybe I have ADD, who knows . . .
Tagmaestro
+6|6695|New Jersey
All this stems from DooM.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6635|Malibu
Finally someone stands up for the Firearm Maniacs.
OpsChief
+101|6666|Southern California
DooM? how so tagmaestro?
Czechnology
+0|6692
just for fun, I'll mention that in the nearly unique case (as far as rifles adopted by military forces go)of the M1 Garand, the "clip" used to insert 8 rounds at a time was often called a "charger" or "charger clip" to set it aside from most other clips of the era that remained outside the weapon. The garand charger was contained within the weapon until the last round had been fired. The johnson, Mauser(and its 40million variants used by 40million countires), Arisaka, Carcano, M/N91, G41/43, SVT38/40, SMLE, MP/STG44 etc, ALL used clips to load either internal fixed, or removable magazines which remained outside the weapon and its magazine at all times. Also the carcano was a POS and its amazing the Italians lasted as long as they did with it. SVT only slightly less so.

In addition the non-charger clips are also sometimes referred to as "Stripper clips" as one "strips" the rounds off of it into the magazine.

Last edited by Czechnology (2006-02-23 23:57:24)

Tagmaestro
+6|6695|New Jersey
Everytime you slew the basic undead soldier, it dropped a clip for your pistol/chaingun.
airborne916
+24|6656
Enemy boat spotted
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6748|Vienna, Austria
Idiots, the thing that goes into the gun is called ammo belt!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard