Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6659
Lets just blow up the earth then every ones happy.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6784
blow me
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6659
Theres plenty of sleazy blonde whores in the states for that ask them not me
JonskyGBR
+5|6644|England
https://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonsky7/images/world.jpg
PV-Provo
+-1|6642|'Nam, England
ROFL!

(BTW, Still no Cleric Extremist ppl come to get me yet.....)
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

You cannot judge an entire culture or religion on but a few of its members. Nor can you dismiss what the cartoonist did. In many respects he bought the fate upon himslef. Although I think to hold a grudge against all of Norway is just as bad as judging the entire country by the actions of one man.
What did the cartoonists do?
Drew muhammeds face? Why are you on this topic if you don't even know what it's about.
breethon
+0|6620

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

dragon102 wrote:

People just need to pull their heads out of there asses. How stupid and brain dead can Muslims be?
Stupid as Americans.
I love people that are uneducated.  They hear one person talk and they assume all are like minded.  That my friend makes you an idiot.  I hate it when people stereotype others.  Where you from stud?
breethon
+0|6620
Nevermind......I SEE YOU ARE FROM CANADA.....enough said........
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6675|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

They are bitches and cannot deal with "free speech." let them blow each other up. Honestly I respect people but asking somone to kill another over a cartoon will probably make them go to hell...
Giant_Squid500
+5|6643|U.S.A.
Peaceful religion my ass.  This is what i've been trying to tell peopl, but no one listens.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6728|Longueuil
they should go grab the priest that putted the bounty and put him in a jail...they broke laws of several country by putting a bounty on someone head...you know any country where you can legaly but a bounty on someone head lol !!!
oStoneRo
+9|6612
apparently those towel heads are to fucking stupid to realize what a cartoon really is, a joke! but i guess im not suprised that a group of people that believe in killing themselves for some religious reason are too stupid to understand a cartoon, the funny thing is the cartoon, (which in case no one has seen, i had to google for it, is of the prophet wearing a turban thats also a bomb) is so true! they do blow themselves up and now they're doing it because someone called them on it! so fucking retarded, on day id like to ask one of those dipshits why they would kill themselves for their cause, i mean it just so nonlogical it makes my head my spin....

P.S. proud to be an american btw, and all of you who dont like americans well you can blow it up ur ass....

Last edited by oStoneRo (2006-02-19 22:59:53)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Dude, STFU, you probably know very little about Islam and what this means to them.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ozzie_johnson
+98|6628|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
kill all middle eastern people
vedds
+52|6725|Christchurch New Zealand

GeneralDodo wrote:

WWIII over a couple of cartoons would be pathetic.
It wont be over a cartoon - the cartoons are simply a vehicle to create anti western sentiment. At the end of the day you have extremists looking for something that can upset the bulk of the population enough to achieve their goals. - Its exactly the same as the Abu Ghraib photos - why are they surfacing again now?

You have to bear in mind that the Islamic Extremist psyche is not the same as yours - why is it being blown out of all proportion? for the simple reason that the Extremists (and to an extent moderates) believe that they are right, and that Allah wants Extremism.

A westerner would probably take the attitude that if Allah wants that cartoonist dead he can arrange a trucks brake line to wear out as the cartoonist is crossing the road; while an exponent of radical Islam would probably look on himself as the instrument of gods will and crank out his breadknife. ( there is a song by Roger Waters that is a brilliant example of this, its called "what god wants")

Something that i find very hard to accept from mainstream or moderate Islam is the lack of renouncement of acts of terror & murder
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

ozzie_johnson wrote:

kill all middle eastern people
kill you too. ignorant racist.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6812|Cologne, Germany

debate and serious discussion, right ? Time to close this one, it seems...
FathomsDown
+19|6622|England

Erkut.hv wrote:

"This is a unanimous decision by all imams (prayer leaders) of Islam that whoever insults the prophet deserves to be killed and whoever will take this insulting man to his end, will get this prize," Qureshi said.
This doesn't make any sense at all; Islam is a pacifist religion and it states that killing is wrong whatever the reason (its roots are in Christianity FFS). Killing in the name of Allah is a "shirk" - a crime against God. What also make sense is the "unanimous decision" line as there is no formal Imam training as such or central organisation how they can communicate. Anyone can become an Imam if the followers will listen to them and thats part of the problem; there is no formal "Imam training".

I'm not a Muslim but have friends who are and they are busy getting bricks chucked through their windows due to idiots like this one and people who believe they speak for all Muslims. Its a f****d up world sometimes.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6742|Atlanta, GA USA

vedds wrote:

GeneralDodo wrote:

WWIII over a couple of cartoons would be pathetic.
It wont be over a cartoon - the cartoons are simply a vehicle to create anti western sentiment. At the end of the day you have extremists looking for something that can upset the bulk of the population enough to achieve their goals. - Its exactly the same as the Abu Ghraib photos - why are they surfacing again now?

You have to bear in mind that the Islamic Extremist psyche is not the same as yours - why is it being blown out of all proportion? for the simple reason that the Extremists (and to an extent moderates) believe that they are right, and that Allah wants Extremism.

A westerner would probably take the attitude that if Allah wants that cartoonist dead he can arrange a trucks brake line to wear out as the cartoonist is crossing the road; while an exponent of radical Islam would probably look on himself as the instrument of gods will and crank out his breadknife. ( there is a song by Roger Waters that is a brilliant example of this, its called "what god wants")

Something that i find very hard to accept from mainstream or moderate Islam is the lack of renouncement of acts of terror & murder
My sentiments exactly. (especially the last part)
breethon
+0|6620
Islam is a religion hijacked by corrupt priests.  The average Muslim has no idea what the Koran says.  They are just going about doing what they are told.  Sounds like some other religions I know..........If you want to find God......open the book.  Don't do what you hear.......study to show yourself approved.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6748

breethon wrote:

Islam is a religion hijacked by corrupt priests.  The average Muslim has no idea what the Koran says.  They are just going about doing what they are told.  Sounds like some other religions I know..........If you want to find God......open the book.  Don't do what you hear.......study to show yourself approved.
Nah... it's a corrupt religion.

Sura 4:34 says:
. . . If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them, then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Africa and Russia too.

--

However, it is important to make a distinction. There's

1. Middle Eastern Muslims. I don't think we need telling about these

2. Australasian Muslims. The ones in Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillipines. These are numerous (excess of 250 million), but they are like us. Religion is not something they wear on their sleeves. There are a few fundamentalists, sure, but that's nothing special. You'll find fundemenalists everywhere (e.g. the 'God Hates Fags' group in the US)
~ Richard Feynman
oStoneRo
+9|6612
who gives a fuck what islam says, especially if it calls for killing yourself to kill innocent people more than ur enemies... fuck 'em all i say....
<EJ>Wolf
+0|6646|North Bay, California
Just about every /major/ religion preaches peace and forgiveness. That is the way the books are all written. However, there's this little issue about interpretation. What one person reads as "Love thy neighbor" (or take the appropriate wording from the appropriate text) someone else reads it with an addition "Love thy neighbor...so long as he is like you."

The problem isn't the religions, the problem is the people. Islam is a very understanding religion, Christianity is a very understanding religion. Muslims and Christians tend not to be very understanding, however. The vast majority of each populace is ignorant. Not stupid mind you, but uneducated. They believe what they're told because they aren't being told anything else. This goes for those in the middle east, and those here in America.

And while everyone speaks about the atrocities committed by muslims, the atrocities committed by americans, what about the atrocities committed by catholic priests? One of the most anti-gay religions in the world....and their very own priests are molesting alter boys. Here's the sad reality, it's religion now, but if it wasn't religion, it'd be something else. There will always be some evil, some conflict. Because as a whole, people cannot accept those different from themselves.

The cartoonist should have considered the reaction his works might cause, but in the same respect, they were his work and he had every right to create and distribute them as he saw fit (and as permitted by the country in which he distributed them).
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6696
i wanna see how bad this gets, i say we leaflet drop the cartoons at the angry mobs and maby they will finish destroying pakistan for us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard