DSRTurtle
+56|6832
Jr is partly to blame guys.  He drove down trying to pinch Busch down on the apron.  Busch isn't all at fault for that.  It was good hard racing.  Jr knew he really didn't have the car to win all night.  Neither did Busch and both he and Jr said so.  Hamlin should have won.  I wonder what caused Hamlin's cut tire.  If anyone got intentionally wrecked last night it was Yaley who did.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6639|N. Ireland
[Dega] what a finish...Richmond should be good - lol "the raciest race"
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

thought we had it
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker

DSRTurtle wrote:

Jr is partly to blame guys.  He drove down trying to pinch Busch down on the apron.  Busch isn't all at fault for that.  It was good hard racing.  Jr knew he really didn't have the car to win all night.  Neither did Busch and both he and Jr said so.  Hamlin should have won.  I wonder what caused Hamlin's cut tire.  If anyone got intentionally wrecked last night it was Yaley who did.
Oh coooome oooon.  No one leading the race yields his line to the 2nd place guy who isn't even at his door.  Junior was driving the high line as he had been for the last 20 laps because his car was tight and Busch drove into the corner way too hot.  Instead of braking to hold his own line, Busch chose to drive into Junior.  I will accept no other explanation because I watched the video over and over and saw Busch's left wheel pointing to the right in that turn.  Even the FOX announcer noticed that during the 1st few replays.  I'm glad Jimmy Spencer called the FOX announcers on their bs defending Busch's actions trying to smooth things over.  At first they were criticizing Kyle's actions while the footage played and then they magically stop and defend Busch.  What a load of bs.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-05-04 17:20:53)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
I'll tell ya what...
I dont normally lose my temper after a race, no matter the result...I may not like it, but I dont get pissed off.  Saturday night was a different story...
And truly, what pissed me off, was the crap being puked forth by the booth crew...
My wife ( who is a sorta fan at best) was even open mouthed about what went on.  It wasnt the wreck, it was the announcers.
I'm a big Jr fan, bigger Sr. fan, and I know how Dale made his living years ago...so dont anyone throw that at me.  But this sport, sadly has changed.  Driving the way Sr did years ago isnt the best thing in the world to do anymore. 

The 88 and the 18 were pretty even on that last restart.  They both knew what they had.  Nobody in thier right mind, who is leading, willingly gives up thier line to the second place car...dont feed me that crap either.  Kyle charged that corner like he had the whole friggin racetrack to slide around in. 
I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again...Kyle is wreckless, much more so than his equally goobered brother Kurt.
I think the 88 could have held off the 18 for 4 more laps...would have been one hell of a race to see.  Sadly, we'll never know because Kyle decided to decide his and the 88 race before the checkers flew.  Wasnt even on the last lap, comming out of 4...that even I could understand...but no...

As far as Larry Mac, DW and Mike Joy...they all lost huge credibility in my mind.  To say what they said, then backpeddal and adjust like that.  I couldnt believe it really.
Its not like we didnt have the whole angle covered...hell, the reply was the replay.  Did my heart good to hear Larry Mac talk about the wheels turned, but it made me puke for him to suck up and say "oh he was loose in...thats why..."
like that makes it an ok thing to do...
omg...

water under the bridge now...we'll get'em next weekend at Charlotte
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida
Again another race I missed, I guess it was for the good because I probably would've strangled some innocent bystander in my home.
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

TC.Troy wrote:

I'll tell ya what...
I dont normally lose my temper after a race, no matter the result...I may not like it, but I dont get pissed off.  Saturday night was a different story...
And truly, what pissed me off, was the crap being puked forth by the booth crew...
My wife ( who is a sorta fan at best) was even open mouthed about what went on.  It wasnt the wreck, it was the announcers.
I'm a big Jr fan, bigger Sr. fan, and I know how Dale made his living years ago...so dont anyone throw that at me.  But this sport, sadly has changed.  Driving the way Sr did years ago isnt the best thing in the world to do anymore. 

The 88 and the 18 were pretty even on that last restart.  They both knew what they had.  Nobody in thier right mind, who is leading, willingly gives up thier line to the second place car...dont feed me that crap either.  Kyle charged that corner like he had the whole friggin racetrack to slide around in. 
I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again...Kyle is wreckless, much more so than his equally goobered brother Kurt.
I think the 88 could have held off the 18 for 4 more laps...would have been one hell of a race to see.  Sadly, we'll never know because Kyle decided to decide his and the 88 race before the checkers flew.  Wasnt even on the last lap, comming out of 4...that even I could understand...but no...

As far as Larry Mac, DW and Mike Joy...they all lost huge credibility in my mind.  To say what they said, then backpeddal and adjust like that.  I couldnt believe it really.
Its not like we didnt have the whole angle covered...hell, the reply was the replay.  Did my heart good to hear Larry Mac talk about the wheels turned, but it made me puke for him to suck up and say "oh he was loose in...thats why..."
like that makes it an ok thing to do...
omg...

water under the bridge now...we'll get'em next weekend at Charlotte
well said man
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Well I'm sure I was the only one not watching, but just in case someone else missed it here is the wreck. Funny how fast this shit ends up on youtube.

Last edited by Strngs012 (2008-05-05 15:15:42)

i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Strngs012 wrote:

Well I'm sure I was the only one not watching, but just in case someone else missed it here is the wreck. Funny how fast this shit ends up on youtube.

makes me sick
Stingray24
I'm organizing a posse to go get Kyle Busch.  Anyone else comin'?
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm organizing a posse to go get Kyle Busch.  Anyone else comin'?
let's roll out

i'll be the one to distract his girl
Stingray24
You mean his sister don't ya?
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Stingray24 wrote:

You mean his sister don't ya?
THAT's HIS SISTER?
Stingray24
No, I was attempting to infer that he sleeps w/ his sister.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

No, I was attempting to infer that he sleeps w/ his sister.
he sleeps with his sister? I'll have to help spread this rumor on the NASCAR.com forums.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Seen the ears on Kyle and Kurt...?

Now imagine thier sister...

it would be like doing a skinny dumbo

i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

all i know is the girl he was standing next to before the talladega race was fucking HOT! she had to be like 19 too
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
anyone notice those cars crabbing down the straightaways during practice?  unreal how twisted those things are here at darlington.  this place is so bizzare...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6639|N. Ireland
Mhmm - just watched the race. Sure Kyle caused it but in his defence - he got loose. There is nothing you can do when you get loose except to try and straighten up. Like Earnhardt said - "it happens...it wasn't intentional"
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

kylef wrote:

Mhmm - just watched the race. Sure Kyle caused it but in his defence - he got loose. There is nothing you can do when you get loose except to try and straighten up. Like Earnhardt said - "it happens...it wasn't intentional"
Well, yeah, Kyle got loose.  Thats not the issue.  My point is, if anyone charged the corner the way Kyle did, they would have been loose as hell too.  That doesnt make it ok.  Think about it...8 tires corner better than 4...no?  So...

Yeah, I blame Kyle, he drove that car in way too hard (and yes) knowing full and well he would get under Jr and slide around.  I mean c'mon, its not like Kyle has no experience with these things...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6639|N. Ireland
I'm not defending him, but he was side by side. It was an act of confidence to see who would pull back first. No one did. He definetely has experience in these things - I mean, the nationwide "fight" was waay over called for - but whoever it was he hit called him "a little girl".
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Oh crap I completely forgot about watching practice today.
Stingray24
We're at the Lady in Black tonight boys for the Dodge Challenger 500!  Expect to see some hard racing (Kyle Busch needs to watch his back) under the lights tonight. 

Completed : 1950
Distance : 1.366 miles
Shape : Oval
Banking : 25° Turns 1-2
23° Turns 3-4
3° frontstretch
2° backstretch
Frontstretch : 1,229 feet
Backstretch : 1,229 feet
Seating : 63,000

https://www.tickco.com/images/tracks/darace.gif
https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41405000/jpg/_41405913_nascar_getty416.jpg
Stingray24
PS
FOX better get the race started, stupid baseball game is interfering AGAIN. 
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

wtf is with this no commentary????????? it was cool at first, but i want to know what's going on

nvm. the tv upstairs had no commentary, but i could hear the cars. it works fine down here though.

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-05-10 17:25:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard