Do you own a gun?

Yes... I own a gun41%41% - 71
No ....because it not legal where I live but I would21%21% - 36
No.... its not legal where live and dont want one18%18% - 32
No... its legal where I live and don't want one18%18% - 31
Total: 170
SteikeTa
+153|6758|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
No, don't own a gun. No reason in the world for me to own one....
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
I own a Kimber Gold Match II .45.  I only have it since target shooting at the range is a hobby that Jeff and I got into a while ago.  He ended up getting a Kel-Tec Su16-CA .223 rifle, but I ended up really liking handguns, so I decided to get the .45.
IRONCHEF
+385|6501|Northern California
Ugh.  I was shopping for the su 16ca, but too many people stopped me! lol  Is Jeff able to shoot a box of 223 without a FTE?  Or did he get the required mods done so it's reliable?  THey sure are cool looking guns...once you replace the hand guard and use regular AR 10/20 or 10/30 mags.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Iron, he ended up tweaking the ejection port a bit and installed a new bolt handle which spits the shells forward.  We've had a few times where we've shot 2 or 3 boxes of ammo with no FTEs...I think we usually got one or two within 200 or 400 rounds fired.

He also got a neat muzzle-brake and a new foregrip with a picatinny rail, plus a holographic sight.  Too bad he's in Sweden; I miss firing that thing.
IRONCHEF
Yeah, that's what you need to do to it to make it a reliable 223 rifle.  A beefier ejector is good to get too along with the bolt handle.  THen you can shoot all the dirty wolf you want...just don't shoot too much too fast..like the mini-14, once it gets hot, then all bets are off.
SteikeTa
+153|6758|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Marconius wrote:

Iron, he ended up tweaking the ejection port a bit and installed a new bolt handle which spits the shells forward.  We've had a few times where we've shot 2 or 3 boxes of ammo with no FTEs...I think we usually got one or two within 200 or 400 rounds fired.

He also got a neat muzzle-brake and a new foregrip with a picatinny rail, plus a holographic sight.  Too bad he's in Sweden; I miss firing that thing.
Why is firing that thing so fun?
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
The joy of firing weapons really can't be understood unless you've actually fired them.  It grants you the same feeling as if you were on a tennis court, mastering the perfect serve, or nailing home runs in baseball with the right bat, or trying for nothing but Holes in One with the right golf driver.  As with any sport, it's the physical activity and prowess that comes along with it that is enjoyable.

In short, it's just a rush; one more way to get the sportsman's rush.  The Su-16CA is a fairly accurate rifle, and it's fun watching your own progress in marksmanship over time.
i g
Banned
+876|5874|GA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

yes, and there are 5 in this house. 2 9mms, g3, ak47, sks
Was that sarcasm, or are you serious?
i was/am serious lol
this is dst no

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-05-06 15:12:29)

mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6727|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Yes, I have a total of 9

1 Pistol (M1911A1)
3 Rifles
5 Shotguns
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6313|The | Netherlands

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

There is no point to a gun.
From a guy with 'drunk' in his name...
Spoken by the guy who has 'newb'in his name? Dude, that's like the most useless comment ever.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

yes, and there are 5 in this house. 2 9mms, g3, ak47, sks
Was that sarcasm, or are you serious?
i was/am serious lol
this is dst no
13rin
+977|6489
Yes.
Sako 300 win mag
Remmington 870 express
Ruger Mini 14 (ranch)
Ruger 22/45
Luger .22
S&W model 60 .357 mag.
H&K USP .40 compact
Kimber Ultra Carry II .45  <<<---- DON'T BUY GARBAGE FOR THE $$$
Navy Replica Pistol Black Powder (.38 I think)

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-05-06 16:26:00)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
Yep, I have a shotty and will have a pistol.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
I have a Sigma S&W 9mm.  Great gun, great price, decent power, and little recoil.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6595|Seattle
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/IMG_0363.jpg
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/kyleomalley/DSCN2732.jpg

I'm also still thinking about buying some combination of a Saiga AK, SKS, Mosin-Nagant, CZ 75B, CZ 527 in 7.62x39, some SMG and/or maaaybe a G3 (PTR-91, but I'm not sure if I really want to get into buying that expensive .308 ammo).

Whatever I buy, it will most likely be this year, because who knows what the fuck is going to be legal this time next year (all 3 of our possible candidates have a gun control ban, and the dems will pretty much revive the AWB).

And Drunkface, go look at your first post in this thread. You state a conclusion without a rationale. It's always tricky attempting to logically prove absence, but you went for it without even a vague explanation.

Anyway, this is a US forum, and in the US, we have guns so that our defense as independent civilians is physically secured by a combination of our personal decisions, possessions, and secondly by social service institutions (public and private). We are meant to be as capable as we can afford to be regarding our personal defense choices. Our guns are actually meant to match the weapons of our military as the most fundamental and important check to its power. 250,000,000 people with bolt actions cannot be controlled by our comparatively small fleet of military vehicles and armies, as technologically advanced as they are. We could be occupied, but the guerrilla war would be almost endless barring the use of WMDs (which is a problem). Americans were also always meant to be economically independent too, but that was somewhat furtively sidelined early in the last century--I'm straying.

Your government does not let you have military weapons. The majority of your cities could be massacred effortlessly and enslaved unless the chain of command was disrupted or decided to save you. It would not be in your hands.

As a people, you are not permitted to stand on equal footing with your government. You are one out of a mass of second class citizens. Right now, the US military spends most of its time driving around Iraq finding guns and confiscating them or registering them so that confiscation is possible in the future. The Nazis spent a lot of time doing the same thing. Did your country even put up a fight? I'm curious about that silent war. Though I know that today in Australia, nearly all the implements of physical control are subject to the government in the form of its chain of command. That chain of command is your master. Not by virtue of a specific act that it has committed against you, but by virtue of the fact that it has the intrinsic ability to control you, and you lack that ability to control it.

Firearms and political power:

Politics=power=ability to do energetic work>exothermic reactions>firearms/other weapons
               (you could also use this logic to demonstrate how food production is inherently a political mechanism)
               politics=power=ability to do energetic work>endothermic carbon fixing reactions>plants>animals>food>trade>

Every bullet made and every field sown represents a new unit of political power or wealth in the world, in a constantly but somewhat slowly growing market, obviously subject to inflation (of quantity and technology) and obviously held unequally, sometimes tragically, by various parties. Feel free to apply this idea to any enterprise and you will find that an activity or object contributes to the political power relevant to our lives insofar as it contributes to the control (either creation, maintenance, or destruction) of the infrastructure upon which we live our lives. This applies at the highest level, the ability to create, maintain and destroy your physical body (as with a gun), and at the lowest, most general and distributed level, the ability to create, maintain or destroy your environment, like the faraway farm where they grow your bananas, the globe. Few people in the world have much distributed political power, but private citizens, especially with guns and local farms, can amass all the political power they need to live in perpetuity.

If you thought that politics (the interactions of power) were simply a matter of the well dressed having debates and talking about their feelings, then you're probably the average western culture inhabitant that was raised on TV and corporate textbooks with lessons about the magical power of non-violent protests. In reality, political power is something that results from interactions between people and the environment, both cooperative and antagonistic. If you lack one or the other, then you lack political power. And thats pretty much where the people of the "developed world" stand. They have traded most of their political power for faith in the safety net where they were raised.

I hope there are still tons of illegal guns stored about your country. Alternatively, I hope you have a lot of faith in those that actually control the world's guns and political power, or that you, somehow, can be assured that the guns in your country are never used against you. I think the best of all of you in disarmed countries, though I wish you a lot more.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2009-09-08 02:04:57)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
Ouch.  That sucks.  Glad I don't live in Australia!
Australian fucktards are in a class of their own, I thank other people's gods gun ownership isn't easy here.
I have:-
2x Baikal Izh-35 Target pistols http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/45.html
1x Toz-49 Competition Revolver (Gas-seal FTW) http://www.potfire.com.au/compend/sptoz49.htm
1x S+W K38
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HollisHurlbut
+51|6008

DrunkFace wrote:

There is no point to a gun.
Well, of course not.  Then it would be a sword.

Anyhoo, a Ruger P-94 and a Smith & Wesson Sigma, both chambered in .40-cal.
beerface702
+65|6703|las vegas
I own 9 guns now. Im done buying more. I picked up an rock river AR-15 last week..and will be my last for a few years at least. IF you want to get those AR/AK's better do it soon, because if obama is pres..kiss them goodbye!

one who owns it already should be ok. They will re-enforce BRADY..mark my words..

anyway i like guns, but to be honest im casual shooter anymore..ammo is just getting to expensive, and i don't have the work space to reload properly. A few are just wall hangers now..only being shot twice a year.

my FN FNP40 get's at least 200 rounds a month through it though
beerface702
+65|6703|las vegas

Marinejuana wrote:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/ … CN2767.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/ … CN2739.jpg

I'm also still thinking about buying some combination of a Saiga AK, SKS, Mosin-Nagant, CZ 75B, CZ 527 in 7.62x39, some SMG and/or maaaybe a G3 (PTR-91, but I'm not sure if I really want to get into buying that expensive .308 ammo).

Whatever I buy, it will most likely be this year, because who knows what the fuck is going to be legal this time next year (all 3 of our possible candidates have a gun control ban, and the dems will pretty much revive the AWB).

And Drunkface, go look at your first post in this thread. You state a conclusion without a rationale. It's always tricky attempting to logically prove absence, but you went for it without even a vague explanation.

Anyway, this is a US forum, and in the US, we have guns so that our defense as independent civilians is physically secured by a combination of our personal decisions, possessions, and secondly by social service institutions (public and private). We are meant to be as capable as we can afford to be regarding our personal defense choices. Our guns are actually meant to match the weapons of our military as the most fundamental and important check to its power. 250,000,000 people with bolt actions cannot be controlled by our comparatively small fleet of military vehicles and armies, as technologically advanced as they are. We could be occupied, but the guerrilla war would be almost endless barring the use of WMDs (which is a problem). Americans were also always meant to be economically independent too, but that was somewhat furtively sidelined early in the last century--I'm straying.

Your government does not let you have military weapons. The majority of your cities could be massacred effortlessly and enslaved unless the chain of command was disrupted or decided to save you. It would not be in your hands.

As a people, you are not permitted to stand on equal footing with your government. You are one out of a mass of second class citizens. Right now, the US military spends most of its time driving around Iraq finding guns and confiscating them or registering them so that confiscation is possible in the future. The Nazis spent a lot of time doing the same thing. Did your country even put up a fight? I'm curious about that silent war. Though I know that today in Australia, nearly all the implements of physical control are subject to the government in the form of its chain of command. That chain of command is your master. Not by virtue of a specific act that it has committed against you, but by virtue of the fact that it has the intrinsic ability to control you, and you lack that ability to control it.

Firearms and political power:

Politics=power=ability to do energetic work>exothermic reactions>firearms/other weapons
               (you could also use this logic to demonstrate how food production is inherently a political mechanism)
               politics=power=ability to do energetic work>endothermic carbon fixing reactions>plants>animals>food>trade>

Every bullet made and every field sown represents a new unit of political power or wealth in the world, in a constantly but somewhat slowly growing market, obviously subject to inflation (of quantity and technology) and obviously held unequally, sometimes tragically, by various parties. Feel free to apply this idea to any enterprise and you will find that an activity or object contributes to the political power relevant to our lives insofar as it contributes to the control (either creation, maintenance, or destruction) of the infrastructure upon which we live our lives. This applies at the highest level, the ability to create, maintain and destroy your physical body (as with a gun), and at the lowest, most general and distributed level, the ability to create, maintain or destroy your environment, like the faraway farm where they grow your bananas, the globe. Few people in the world have much distributed political power, but private citizens, especially with guns and local farms, can amass all the political power they need to live in perpetuity.

If you thought that politics (the interactions of power) were simply a matter of the well dressed having debates and talking about their feelings, then you're probably the average western culture inhabitant that was raised on TV and corporate textbooks with lessons about the magical power of non-violent protests. In reality, political power is something that results from interactions between people and the environment, both cooperative and antagonistic. If you lack one or the other, then you lack political power. And thats pretty much where the people of the "developed world" stand. They have traded most of their political power for faith in the safety net where they were raised.

I hope there are still tons of illegal guns stored about your country. Alternatively, I hope you have a lot of faith in those that actually control the world's guns and political power, or that you, somehow, can be assured that the guns in your country are never used against you. I think the best of all of you in disarmed countries, though I wish you a lot more.
Nice rifle

Yugo or Chinese?
BVC
+325|6706
No, but after going to a rifle range last year I'd like...make that love...to.  I was expecting them (.308 and up) to have more of a kick than they did.

Gun ownership here is restricted by class of firearms lisence - you need to have the right class to do/own certain stuff.
A - Standard hunting rifles/shotguns.  7rd max or 15rd max if using rimfire ammo
B - Pistols
C - Collectors - can own most firearms but can't use them, and I think some have to be de-activated
D - Dealers - can buy/sell firearms in a commercial operation (numbers restricted for private citizens I think)
E - Military-style - Can own and operate a M4, AK etc, max 1 E-type weapon per person I think.  Obviously one of the harder classes to get.

The closest thing I have to a real gun are a couple of RAP4 markers (M4 and Sig226) for club use, and the big marker is restricted to semi-auto in order to be legal - anything full auto is classified as E-cat, even paintball/airsoft.

Last edited by Pubic (2008-05-08 18:43:24)

HollisHurlbut
+51|6008

Turquoise wrote:

I have a Sigma S&W 9mm.  Great gun, great price, decent power, and little recoil.
I picked up my Sigma the day before Christmas last year at Cabela's.  I had some gift certificates, it was on sale, and Smith was running a $50 rebate offer, plus sent me two free mags in addition to the two that came with it.  After all the discounts and free stuff, I got the gun for the effective price of $220.

I couldn't turn that down, especially for such a fine weapon.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6158|Estonia

Souls wrote:

I own a gun but I could really care less if I did or didn't.  I inherited from my grandfather a 30.06 deer rifle. Shot it once in four years.  I was wondering who else has them? What they have or would they own one?
Thats the problem of America!!!!!!
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
No but I would if they were legal. For the cool factor and enjoyment, I wouldn't defend myself with it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

HollisHurlbut wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I picked up my Sigma the day before Christmas last year at Cabela's.  I had some gift certificates, it was on sale, and Smith was running a $50 rebate offer, plus sent me two free mags in addition to the two that came with it.  After all the discounts and free stuff, I got the gun for the effective price of $220.

I couldn't turn that down, especially for such a fine weapon.
I basically got the same deal...  Good stuff... 
IRONCHEF
Turq,
So is the Sigma as horrible and unreliable as many say?  I frequent the m&p pistol site and most M&P owners are split 50/50 on the sigma, saying it was S&W's worst design, but good looking and for the other half, it's absolutely fine..aside of the heavy trigger.

I was actually looking to get one because they're priced nicely, but then got a wiff of all the naysayers and backed down (same with the SU16-ca 223 rifle).

I think you'd like the M&P..it's what the Sigma should have been.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard