Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353

Bradt3hleader wrote:

So how do I reformat a PC? What does it do?

And the problem is not PING LAG it's extremely low FPS lag.
I understood that. I get FPS lag, too, but my ping shows something up o 999. But it´s clearly not an connection lag, cause I can´t move fluently.
Your problem sounds similar, so I thought you give it a shot (waiting for a few minutes after joining) before spending a day, saving all your data, wiping the disk and then reinstalling.

Forgot: to reformat, just put in the windows CD, reboot and let it boot from the disk, you then get the options to reformat, partition and reinstall windows. The setup itself should be self-explanatory, but to be sure you should as someone from tech here (or a buddy of yours that has the knowledge).

Good luck!

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-05-05 01:25:32)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5946
Awesome thanks. Well, I usually screw up my PC trying to learn more about it, so the PC guy knows me VERY well. Anyway I found an awesome PC for a rediculous price (Sure help when you know some "People") and I'm gona try rebooting this myself, either way the PC guy is coming soon to do ssomething else so if I fuck it up I'll be getting a really nice PC.
VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6146
When did you last clean your pc inside? I had same prob with other games and it was caused by enormous amount of dust inside my pc
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

VaLzbeStoNeD wrote:

When did you last clean your pc inside? I had same prob with other games and it was caused by enormous amount of dust inside my pc
Not so long ago. But I'll do it again

Meanwhile, is it that easy to re-format? Just put in my Windows XP install disk, then is says "Re-format" and I press "Ok" ?

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-05-05 08:51:53)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6142|Carnoustie, Scotland

Bradt3hleader wrote:

VaLzbeStoNeD wrote:

Meanwhile, is it that easy to re-format? Just put in my Windows XP install disk, then is says "Re-format" and I press "Ok" ?
Pretty much, but say goodbye to EVERYTHING on your hard-drive, music, games, drivers, everything.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

Funky_Finny wrote:

Pretty much, but say goodbye to EVERYTHING on your hard-drive, music, games, drivers, everything.
Good.

BTW, I just tried the cleaning thing, and if I entered the "Who has the cleanest fan cooled PC", I'd win. So that wasn't the problem. But...my Keyboard has crap under the keys so it's hard to type, how do I clean that out? Dishwasher was my first guess, but then I realized the drying thing would melt everything, infact I'm surprised the dishwasher doesn't melt it's so hot when it dries.
VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6146
Just get some keys on one side of the keyboard off and move it upside down to get the crap out of the keyboard
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

VaLzbeStoNeD wrote:

Just get some keys on one side of the keyboard off and move it upside down to get the crap out of the keyboard
Never though of that! Wouldn't that break the stuff though? (gee I sure am helpless, I'll figure that out myself )
VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6146
If you're careful you won't break anything unless it's some kinda ubernew hi-tec keyboard I havent heard of xD
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
G11??? :p

Guys is this a descent PC?? I'd take out their graph. card and put my 8800GT 256mb in instead, since you can customize it any everything!

thlon 64 X2 6000+ / Dual-Core / 3.0
M2A-VM mATX / AMD AM2 / AMD 690G /
NEC LCD 1970GX - OPTICLEAR 19"
Asus EN8600GTS Silent/HTDP/256M
320 GO S-ATA 7200 Rpm SATA150
2x 1024 MB DDR2 PC3200
Graveur DVD-RW Dual-Layer + DVD-Rom
Logitech X-230, 2.1 SoundSystem Surround
Logitech LX300 Refresh
Microsoft® Windows® Vista Basic Edition
Lynx14
+41|5981
Thats a pretty good PC. Also if you don't really plan on formatting try using anti-virus software on your computer. (Make sure its a trusted brand). That was my problem, my computer was overrun with viruses. Got rid of em all and the thing runs like a charm.
Sisco
+493|6353

Bradt3hleader wrote:

VaLzbeStoNeD wrote:

If it boots from CD, you are informed that your about to install Windows XP. After acknowledging all the license crap, you get the option to reformat any partition on your harddrive (or create new partitions) before installing. It is that easy. But it takes quite some time until everything is done.
I advise to do a backup of your files on either the other partition that may be present or an external HDD.

I´m gonna do the same shit tomorrow. Got exam today and been looking forward to kill my notebook teh second time. Who woulda thought there is a order in which the drivers need to be installed for the notebook to work right. Damn, notebooks are bitches!
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
@sisco

Well I appreciate the help, but for me I need something of an explanation like, "First window you see...so you click this; then this window appears....and you click this...ect...".

Thanks anyway, but I have time to screw up my PC alot since the PC guy is coming, ahhh learning is so fun, (Exept school learning)
Sisco
+493|6353

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@sisco

Well I appreciate the help, but for me I need something of an explanation like, "First window you see...so you click this; then this window appears....and you click this...ect...".

Thanks anyway, but I have time to screw up my PC alot since the PC guy is coming, ahhh learning is so fun, (Exept school learning)
Okay, I got myself to google it. Try this one for size:

http://faq.oit.gatech.edu/0305.html

Because, if you srew up bad at this, even your pc guy might run into trouble.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
hehe ok, I'll think he'll be up to the test

Too late though, PC guy had somebody cancel on him, so he's coming tomorrow anyways. I'll see if it works better tomorrow *sigh*

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-05-07 06:05:07)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6142|Carnoustie, Scotland
Man I wish I was as rich as you.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

Funky_Finny wrote:

Man I wish I was as rich as you.
Me rich???? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I just work alot and put money in the bank, infact I think I'll call the account "Pc repairing money" since that's about all I ever waste it on. I can never get that money past the 400fr. mark :cries:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard