+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
It's fixed.

Team Fortress 2 Client

Removed TF2 achievement console commands
Eldu
+62|6107|Belgium

weasel_thingo wrote:

Lucien wrote:

And now we've gone full circle back to the original point of these achievements: to give unlocks to players who genuinely use the kit a lot. average dudes A and B can get the first two unlocks easily, but to get the third and most powerful unlock you have to specialize yourself in that class.

It won't be any different when the other unlocks are released, those who specialize in the upgraded classes will get the full bonus, those who don't will still get most of it.
i know...
i would get it anyway, i only need 100 000 more, and i do play the kit alot (3rd most played class, nearly 2nd by 2 hours and for the past 2 weeks it has been my most played class), going combat medic and dominating people is always amusing as it isnt easy like soldier/demoman and stupid fucks dont find it OP like scout/sniper/engineer/spy so people get realy pissed when you constantly kill them
also 1 million heal points doesnt require you to specialize in that class, i have 45 hours as medic and 900 000 heal points, and i spend alot of the time mucking around or going combat medic
so anyone would be able to get the unlocks, also atleast with other classes, they would probs require you to get alot of kills in one life, which generally does take more skill

if i wanted to i could get the million tomorow, but that would involve me being less amused when playing, constantly doing the same thing over and over and not really doing anything
which is grinding
Serious?
I have 47 hours and 1.7 million healing points. And seriously, I'm not really a battle doc, but I can kill a heavy or a soldier or I still rush a point alone. It's really easy to be a combat doc and still heal your team you know.
I'm not really going for the unlocks I think, maybe when I'm playing with someone I know I'll ask him to torch 5 ppl or so, but for the rest I'll just keep contributing to my team and not walk aaround with my bonesaw because i want to get some stupid achievement just to get killed over and over again bij a pyro or a heavy.
weasel_thingo
+74|6326

Eldu wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Lucien wrote:

And now we've gone full circle back to the original point of these achievements: to give unlocks to players who genuinely use the kit a lot. average dudes A and B can get the first two unlocks easily, but to get the third and most powerful unlock you have to specialize yourself in that class.

It won't be any different when the other unlocks are released, those who specialize in the upgraded classes will get the full bonus, those who don't will still get most of it.
i know...
i would get it anyway, i only need 100 000 more, and i do play the kit alot (3rd most played class, nearly 2nd by 2 hours and for the past 2 weeks it has been my most played class), going combat medic and dominating people is always amusing as it isnt easy like soldier/demoman and stupid fucks dont find it OP like scout/sniper/engineer/spy so people get realy pissed when you constantly kill them
also 1 million heal points doesnt require you to specialize in that class, i have 45 hours as medic and 900 000 heal points, and i spend alot of the time mucking around or going combat medic
so anyone would be able to get the unlocks, also atleast with other classes, they would probs require you to get alot of kills in one life, which generally does take more skill

if i wanted to i could get the million tomorow, but that would involve me being less amused when playing, constantly doing the same thing over and over and not really doing anything
which is grinding
Serious?
I have 47 hours and 1.7 million healing points. And seriously, I'm not really a battle doc, but I can kill a heavy or a soldier or I still rush a point alone. It's really easy to be a combat doc and still heal your team you know.
I'm not really going for the unlocks I think, maybe when I'm playing with someone I know I'll ask him to torch 5 ppl or so, but for the rest I'll just keep contributing to my team and not walk aaround with my bonesaw because i want to get some stupid achievement just to get killed over and over again bij a pyro or a heavy.
yeah, thats what i did and am doing again
and i know 900 000 isnt much, which was actually my point, i was saying that anyone can get 1million heals without "specializing" in being a medic
meh i have to get the achievments again anyway, and like i was saying they arnt hard to get
joker8baller
+68|6667
Hi.
Yesterday, we reset your Medic achievements because we mistakenly believed you had hacked around the system to get them. Today we discovered a bug in our code that resulted in you being incorrectly flagged as cheating. As a result, I'm emailing you to apologize for our error, and to let you know that we've decided to award you the full set of Medic achievements.
Have fun with the Ubersaw,
Undecided on whether I like this or not. I <3 having the Ubersaw, but really do want just the 25 achievements I had.... cause they ARE achievements...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

joker8baller wrote:

Hi.
Yesterday, we reset your Medic achievements because we mistakenly believed you had hacked around the system to get them. Today we discovered a bug in our code that resulted in you being incorrectly flagged as cheating. As a result, I'm emailing you to apologize for our error, and to let you know that we've decided to award you the full set of Medic achievements.
Undecided on whether I like this or not. I <3 having the Ubersaw, but really do want just the 25 achievements I had.... cause they ARE achievements...
I would email them asking to reset all the achievments except for the ones you earned, so just tell them the ones you remembered having and have them fix it all for you.
b.branscombe
+5|6201

joker8baller wrote:

Hi.
Lol.  Valve doesn't fuck up and forget to take out code... players "hack".
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
I got the exact same email (from a certain Robin):

Hi.
my medic achievements actually did get reset a second time yesterday after I had earned 26 of them legitimately. Pretty nice of them to do this.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard