spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6654|Sweden

Tor77 wrote:

ashleyhall wrote:

Surely GotMex you're the idiot here for...

1. Shooting at a teammates plane, whether he beat you or not, grow up...!
2. Sitting and wasting time at the airfield when you SHOULD infact be productive and capture some flags/kill the enemy?

Frankly, I hate people like yourself, more interested in queuing and camping at the base than getting out there and actually fighting the battle.
Couldn't agree more.
i actually can agree even more
Budo7
+2|6762
Heres whats real funny, I play there all the time, and had you posted in there forums, they would have unbanned you. Most of the folks that get banned it only a 15min-60min ban, for a perm. ban from Moder's you have to be a real tard or a cheat.

As for the plane whoring, thats so everyone gets a chance to try it. Come on there are way to many folks who can only do 1 or 2 things good in BF2, you need to be an all round good player.

As the Folks at Moders would say STFU and play.
ZeroHour
+0|6640
And one more thing... [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/zerohour/649447_m.gif[/img]
ZeroHour
+0|6640
should this be moved to the "bitch and moan" section under Complain part?
SpiritofDeath
+0|6693|Austria

Flecco wrote:

One word SpiritOfDeath... How?

I'm a tech/coding noob... Only know how to play games and I cant do that well either...
The other forums didn't work so i could post the link directly but know it's online again
so there is the tutorial to change the things:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43939

If you only want to change the teamkill message you have to do this:
Search this line:
§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§1Teamkills] #PLAYERNAME2#
and make it that line
§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§1Teamkills - #WEAPON#§0] #PLAYERNAME2#

cheshiremoe wrote:

The game needs that as the default.  You can't expect all the 12yr old admin to mode there files (let alone everybody else with a twitch page down finger).
Your right.It would really help when EA/Dice would make that standard,but i think it's the last thing that they would do
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

Dogma554 wrote:

Cry, cry, cry , moan and bitch....

I banned you and you were being a punk, I saw everything that you and your peins clan were doing. Your right you did earn your ban this time and were glad that your gone. Im not even going to get into this further you could have come to our fourms and posted your complaints, but I think that you just like being an Internet Cowboy, trying to be tough on here.....so I will just let it be.

We at Moders want to have good games and relax, our servers and admins are known for being laid back less quick to kick/ban, but when you get some penis prefix children in the server being disruptive well sometimes we have to take more serious action. Im glad that your happy that you got banned, hell I am more than happy to ban you for what you and the other penis prefix boy did. Word to the wise DON'T ram planes with jeeps and you won't get banned.
^
Ass Clown

Sooooooooooo powerful.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6732|Reality

Dogma554 wrote:

I banned you and you were being a punk, I saw everything that you and your peins clan were doing. Your right you did earn your ban this time and were glad that your gone. Im not even going to get into this further you could have come to our fourms and posted your complaints, but I think that you just like being an Internet Cowboy, trying to be tough on here.....so I will just let it be.

We at Moders want to have good games and relax, our servers and admins are known for being laid back less quick to kick/ban, but when you get some penis prefix children in the server being disruptive well sometimes we have to take more serious action. Im glad that your happy that you got banned, hell I am more than happy to ban you for what you and the other penis prefix boy did. Word to the wise DON'T ram planes with jeeps and you won't get banned.
I thought the point was that he DIDN'T drive the jeep into you. He shot at the plane with his pistol and then someone else rammed your jet. The game registered the pistol hits as the fatal shot. Probably was shooting as the jeep hit you. Unless the game logs show him to be a liar.

Myself, i would ban his clan for having such small penises, our clan's tag would be like this 8================D

Last edited by Stubbee (2006-02-23 11:43:21)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
[M]Chicken
+1|6673|Texas
Mex I remember playing with you several times before we had our child a couple weeks ago, and when I've played once since then you were on.

Sounds like you did some stupid things, which you owned up to in your post above. Everyone does something stupid occasionally, and we give second chances which usually bites me in the ass.

If you are interested in getting the ban lifted, email me [email protected]. We'll work it out.

You have to understand though, what you did was stupid (funny sort of, downing a plane with a pistol), but stupid. What if you were the pilot? What if you were in the plane and got TK'd? It sucks, and I am sure the pilot didnt know it was an accident more or less, he just sees the TK and gets pissed. The game play goes to hell because people start bitching, etc.

Nuf said, again, our motto is "STFU and Play", and eventually I'll even have time lol
Deagledave
+0|6641
I GOT ONE WORSE!!!! THIS ONE IS BULLSHIT!!!!

Forget what server I was on, but the rules said "No Base Raping"... (Too Common of A Rule), so im doin my thing and pwnin arty, uav, and sat trailor with my sweet leet spec op super skillz. and when i turned and c4'ed a heli flying low ( just so happened it was occupied by an admin)

you know how GOD DAMN hard it is to c4 a Heli now with the new patch???????? IT FREAKIN HARD!!!!!!!!!

Im in my glory untill!!!!!!! BANNED!!!! BASE RAPING

So Im like "eat a dick", <-------pissed... i sign in under another account and RAPE THERE BASE LIKE ITS MY JOB TO ACTUALLY RAPE BASES... AND I JUST HAPPEN TO BE GOOD AT THIS JOB.....

didnt kill 1 admin....... =  didn't even get as much as a warning........

MY POINT IS SIMPLE ...... ADMINS MOSTLY = PUSSIES who suck @ BF2!!!

Remember people... DeagleDave Loves You!!! ; / -dD-
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6694|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

ProfLiebstrom wrote:

moral of the story: don't shoot admins.
real moral, don't play on the moders server, they are obviously jerks.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6752

Dogma554 wrote:

First off, I don't know what my other clanmate did that you are talking about. They just spawned and were just chilling, most likely going for the transport chopper after we lost the plane. As for me, I DIDN'T ram the plane, it was some other player who didn't fess up to his intentions of taking out the pilot of that plane. All I did was shoot the plane with the pistol a couple times (Which does NO damage whatsoever) and because of the way BF2 works, I got in trouble.

I didn't put this in the complain and bitch section because I wasn't bitching and complaining about it. I was pretty straight forward about the situation, and fessed up I did stupid things, and thought some BF2s people would get a kick out of the story.

[M]Chicken wrote:

Sounds like you did some stupid things, which you owned up to in your post above. Everyone does something stupid occasionally, and we give second chances which usually bites me in the ass.

If you are interested in getting the ban lifted, email me [email protected]. We'll work it out.

You have to understand though, what you did was stupid (funny sort of, downing a plane with a pistol), but stupid. What if you were the pilot? What if you were in the plane and got TK'd? It sucks, and I am sure the pilot didnt know it was an accident more or less, he just sees the TK and gets pissed. The game play goes to hell because people start bitching, etc.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I played at Moders a bit and I found all the admins to be very good and understanding. They are also usually good about banning people when they TK etc. I do admit that I know not to shoot vehicles with anything because of how TK's are registered. (I've had worse like full blackhawk takes off, shoot it with pistol, J10 destroys it but I get TK!) Thus, I wouldn't have had a problem if the admin had kicked me or something, just that he decided to take it up with my friends when they didn't do anything. I would probably have a better position had I not gone and TK'd the pilot the second time around after he banned my friend, but hey, I was pissed off about the situation just like the admin.

Stubbee wrote:

Myself, i would ban his clan for having such small penises, our clan's tag would be like this 8================D
LOL, too bad the clan tag feature in BF2 is only 6 characters long. We had to trim things a little bit. Last issue, I guess the 8===D clan tag does nothing for our image. Seems that if we do something stupid, people get even more angry at us just cause of the tag. So we can say good bye to that. And thank you for understanding what really happened Stubbe. If you checked the kill logs (which I tried to point out at the moment) you'll see this:
-PlayerInCar is no more.
-GotMex?[Teamkills]ModersAdmin
I was still alive after that, so there was no way that I could have been in that exploded car.

Edit:

mr.widdim wrote:

I don't think they are jerks, that wasn't what I was trying to point out. Like I tried to stress in my posts, they seemed like one of the better servers out there, with good admin behavior. My situation was unique (admin can only go with what he saw, and he saw a car drive into him, and when he checked death log, he saw my name which incrimiated me). The situation escalated pretty fast after that so yes, the admin was harsh and overreactive... but that still shouldn't keep anyone from playing there.

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-02-23 12:15:57)

bennisboy
+829|6635|Poundland

Dogma554 wrote:

OMG if you read the post you have seen he didn't ram the jet with the car. It proves his point when people like you make a comment like that to try to make your server seem right and just end up showing how you have no idea what happened
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6672|Denmark
Just dont shoot at friendly´s..
mr.widdim

mr.widdim wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

I don't think they are jerks, that wasn't what I was trying to point out. Like I tried to stress in my posts, they seemed like one of the better servers out there, with good admin behavior. My situation was unique (admin can only go with what he saw, and he saw a car drive into him, and when he checked death log, he saw my name which incrimiated me). The situation escalated pretty fast after that so yes, the admin was harsh and overreactive... but that still shouldn't keep anyone from playing there.
Well, its not only that admin, Did some one also say that he got kicked for using planes?
Multiple bad admins -> bad server.
JRVoss
+0|6633
"clan tag does nothing for our image"

That is pretty obvious.  If I see that clan tag and something like that happened, unfortunately, I would assume it was intentional.
mr.widdim

JRVoss wrote:

"clan tag does nothing for our image"

That is pretty obvious.  If I see that clan tag and something like that happened, unfortunately, I would assume it was intentional.
Honestly... A Penis Shaped clantag? Are we little boys? Immature can you say?
uk_japeye
+10|6704|UK
carbt be arsed to read all the posts because im lazy but avoid SG-3 (A)  Ranked server, full of cheatin admins who REALLY abuse there special powers, just check out the forum and see the amount of bans they give out http://www.sgcavp2.com/ . as you will notice ive got a post on about a ban, but feel free to try it out and make youre own decision
[iLL]h8+
+26|6705|Florida
As long as there are admins patrolling there servers there will be some Admin abuse from time to time.  Here is the problem.  It was you shooting the plane this time, but you are probably the seventh turd of the day shooting over a stupid plane or other vehicle.  I am sure you have done this several times to other people NON ADMINS and did not receive the Ban/Kick you got on this one occasion.

People like you who shoot the plane/Armor/Choppers/Vehicles I dont care what it is.  IF THEY ARE ON YOUR TEAM AND SIMPLY BEAT YOU TO THE VEHICLE.....

DO NOT SHOOT IT< NUB.

Just wait til next time or pick a class with a longer sprint or something.  If you would have never fired the handgun or anything at your OWN jet, that would have never been into question.

That is just a thought.....

Yourself and people like you, really cause incedents where TKing for vehicles ruins team play and focusing on the actually objective of winning the map.  Not just getting a vehicle you feel the right to flying or driving.

Get over yourself and either
1) wait your turn
2) go operate a different vehicle
3) pay for your own server and do what you want
4) out run the others running for the same vehicle
5) Uninstall battlefield, sell your computer and go outside and play some sports or something.
bennisboy
+829|6635|Poundland

[iLL]h8+ wrote:

As long as there are admins patrolling there servers there will be some Admin abuse from time to time.  Here is the problem.  It was you shooting the plane this time, but you are probably the seventh turd of the day shooting over a stupid plane or other vehicle.  I am sure you have done this several times to other people NON ADMINS and did not receive the Ban/Kick you got on this one occasion.

People like you who shoot the plane/Armor/Choppers/Vehicles I dont care what it is.  IF THEY ARE ON YOUR TEAM AND SIMPLY BEAT YOU TO THE VEHICLE.....

DO NOT SHOOT IT< NUB.

Just wait til next time or pick a class with a longer sprint or something.  If you would have never fired the handgun or anything at your OWN jet, that would have never been into question.

Yourself and people like you, really cause incedents where TKing for vehicles ruins team play and focusing on the actually objective of winning the map.  Not just getting a vehicle you feel the right to flying or driving.

1) wait your turn
5) Uninstall battlefield, sell your computer and go outside and play some sports or something.
I agree with the sports point but seriously read his post he did not TK for the vehicle so be sure to read it properly next time.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6750

Dogma554 wrote:

Ok, I think I'll step in here.  First of all, from what I have heard, BOTH of you were acting immaturely.

First off: Gotmex it was wrong of you to think "fuck it if I'm gonna get banned then I'm gonna TK him" and shoot the admin with the M95.  That in and of itself was very immature.

Now Dogma: Regardless that their clan tag is a penis, you need to be a bit more reasonable and hear someone out.  Gotmex did NOT teamkill you with the jeep, as he said repeatedly in his initial post.  He simply took a couple potshots with his pistol, nothing malicious meant by it, and because of the programming code of BF2, when the guy in the jeep rammed you, Gotmex got a teamkill.  It's the same programming glitch that causes you to get credit for shooting down a full blackhawk with a pistol when you were shooting it as it crashed into a tree.  Also, even if he DID ram you with the jeep, it is wrong to ban all three of the clanmates, unless you can give us examples of how each one of them, individually, was "being disruptive."

In short, both of you have some growing up to do.
earth.citizen
+4|6728|Miami, FL

gazzie wrote:

Admins are getting worser and more abusive by the day they just think they own the game because they have powers over a server. Most likely these admins are young kids with an attitude towards people in there server. I have had somewhat a similar incident where i got kicked/banned because of what my team mate had done or shall i say didnt do and i was the 1st to be kicked. EA should keep there eyes on these admins such as getting a player or someone who will test these servers by going in and playing. Then maybe we wouldnt have such gay little admins.
No particular slight towards you, but I whole heartedly disagree.
The ultimate success of any community is rooted in the ability of it's members to police themselves, not be policed.
Irregardless of how an admin becomes an admin, the role of admin entitles that person to make kick/ban decisions. That's a fact and is central to BF2 gameplay. Like a referee, the admin is required to bring order to the gray area's between the rules. For instance, it isn't against the rules to play like an asshole, but act like one and an admin may show you the virtual door.
There are bad admin's. We would all be better served by finding and praising good servers/admin's than attempting to have EA/Dice police them. Eventually, they would all go the way of the Dodo.
earth.citizen
+4|6728|Miami, FL

bennisboy wrote:

[iLL]h8+ wrote:

DO NOT SHOOT IT< NUB.

1) wait your turn
I agree with the sports point but seriously read his post he did not TK for the vehicle so be sure to read it properly next time.
But he DID shoot the plane. There was never a need to shoot the plane. Please, I think he got what he deserved. Be an asshole, get punked.

I was waiting for a plane to spawn at Kubra Dam one night and I was watching the commander (only slightly off topic, bear with me) fly the Mig-29 over and over again. He would take off and then crash over and over again. Eventually, walks over to me and says to me (I was a squad leader), "Hey, why don't you go do something, you're the reason we're losing". I'm like, whoa, it's 'bout time someone noticed my greatness to singularly decide the outcome of any BF2 game on a 64-man server. Then he shoots me one time with the pistol and runs off. I was hurting anyone.

Here's a perfect example of a guy who should get dropped. Generally we all play to win. I NEVER log on to lose. Here's a guy who disagreed with my tactic and decided to shoot me. Well, I didn't exactly approve of his tactics either, but I didn't shoot him over it. If you don't want to play on a team, go play Quake or Farcry or something lame. Please.
GotMex?
+193|6752

I don't think people realize this but shooting a plane with a pistol does no damage at all. I know I see most people take random shots all the time for no reason at all. There's always random potshots at the ground, at teammates, at trees, etc. Somtimes, I'll even get the rhythm of songs going with the machine gun or something like that. It's always cool when someone replies by shooting a song of their own. The random potshots at the plane were just me shooting for no reason, knowing that they would do no damage and in no way affect the game. Yet, when the pilot rammed into that car that drove onto the runway, I got credited with a tk.

Somehow a lot of you seem to think that the cause of the plane getting destroyed was that I shot at the plane with my pistol... when in reality it was some idiot that drove onto the runway and rammed the plane. To these people, I would like to say don't reply to my posts unless you fucking read what I've typed correctly
[M]Chicken
+1|6673|Texas
1. Based on Mex's response, I removed the ban for he and his clan. If you are man enough to say you acted incorrectly, we're fair enough to offer a second chance. Don't make me look stupid please lol.

2. An admin can have a shitty day and take it out on players. I have a 4 week old baby, working 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week, traveling for work, taking my 7 year old to scouts, school, basketball, hockey, etc. Guess what? Some days I have a full green stamp book and I am ready to cash in on some player acting like an ass, and he may get more than he deserved because I am stressed the hell out. It happens. Someone said earlier, admining isnt all its cracked up to be. Neither is helping run 3 servers that are constantly full, getting emails about idiots in the server, people complaining about base rapes, etc. It gets old.

3. My mother used to say "you cant judge a book by its cover." Neither can you judge a server by one admin, 2 admins or a couple of people who say that a server sucks because they got kicked or banned from it. 9.9 times out of 10 the player isnt near as innocent as they say, I see the logs of what happened. We'll hear a complaint and the player says "all I did was drive to the field" and it turns out how was driving over people, C4'ing the planes, TK'ing, spamming chat and being an ass in game. I encourage you guys to try out the servers for yourself. If you dont like em, there are many many others. I'd say the average age of our players is 25+, with the majority of our admins 40+ (ummm, except a few, and I think you've met them). Moders has been around for over 4 years now, we must be doing something right.

In short, we have a pretty damn good time on our servers, most act decent and we have enough admins to monitor the servers most of the time. We have players and admins from all over the world, seems like someone is around if you need em. For more information go to www.modersgaming.com. In fact, get in TS and mention that you read this and want to try it, and tell one of the admins there that I asked them to make you a spot. How's that

Anyhoo, see you bastages there, and Mex, as I said in game to ya once, come mow my yard lmao. (Not sure you remember me saying that a couple weeks ago to you in game.)

Finally "STFU and Play" - thats our slogan and it sums it all up......... Chicken
GotMex?
+193|6752

[M]Chicken wrote:

1. Based on Mex's response, I removed the ban for he and his clan. If you are man enough to say you acted incorrectly, we're fair enough to offer a second chance. Don't make me look stupid please lol.
Damn, cool stuff Chicken, thanks for your coolness and understanding. I will return someday to Moders, but no longer as 8==== D as it has brought on some unfavorable responses. And like I said, no hard feelings to the admin who banned me, we were both smacktards.

[M]Chicken wrote:

Anyhoo, see you bastages there, and Mex, as I said in game to ya once, come mow my yard lmao. (Not sure you remember me saying that a couple weeks ago to you in game.)
OMGLOLROFLCOPTER! I haven't heard that joke before! [/sarcasm] You couldn't afford my lawn mowing services anyway... there's a 500 dollar transportation surcharge for me to ride my lawnmower to where ever you live. :-D

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard