WormGuts
+17|6823|Dayton, Ohio
i would love to see a pistol upgrade that would drop the 9mm across the board (except for spec ops/snipers).
in its place with an upgrade i want my .45 dessert eagle or some nasty dmg small clip pistol n return.
r00fus
+2|6821
thought of that, doubt it will happen though
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6873|Bryan/College Station, TX

WormGuts wrote:

i would love to see a pistol upgrade that would drop the 9mm across the board (except for spec ops/snipers).  in its place with an upgrade i want my .45 dessert eagle or some nasty dmg small clip pistol n return.
BTW its a .50 cal Dessert Eagle.

I wouldn't mind seeing .45 Colts. I'm old fasion but I liked them as a side arm.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Donnyboy
+1|6815
I think the Desert Eagle series comes in multiple calibers, not just .50APC
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6867

Donnyboy wrote:

Yes, it comes in several calibers, but no military on the planet uses them.

I wouldn't mind seeing some .45 SOCOM's out there or maybe a Berreta 93-R would be nice.
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6814|PA, USA
Yeah, it'd be cool if you got to upgrade to a D-Eagle say if you get the Expert Pistol Badge. That thing would be able to do some damage.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6825|Eastern PA

Donnyboy wrote:

IMI makes the desert Eagle in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .50 Action Express . . .

The Magnum calibers suffer from periodic feed problems because they use rimmed cases; and the .50 AE recoil is just horrendous. The .50 AE is also quite heavy because of its construction, and the weight of the ammo - this helps to mitigate the recoil somewhat, but makes the firearm too heavy as a "practical" weapon that you have to carry everywhere you go.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6837|Lake Constanze, Germany
Croak
+11|6834|San Marcos, CA
The .50 AE (or really any of the Desert Eagle in that family) is a great Hollywood weapon.  It's a crappy one in the real world.  Hard to get on target, hard to draw, hard to carry around, hard to handle the recoil, and the round is just plain overkill against humans, and has far too much penetration to be safe for military or LEO usage in close quarters.   If you're hunting Polar bears and rhinos and you have to use a pistol, the .50 AE is a good choice though.

It'd be nice to see some of the modern useful pistol cartridges in the game though, like .40 S&W or 10mm.  It should also be noted that the next generation US Military handgun will be of a larger caliber than 9mm.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6867

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

I would like to have one of those:

http://www.glock.com/g18.htm

or

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.as … =DE50TG-TS

Greetz,
Agent
They make that tiger striped DE in pink too.

That would be the only way I would allow the weapon in the game.  That way you can spot all the fashion victims that use it.

That Glock wouldn't be too bad though, although I would still rather see a 93-R than a full auto Glock.  Talk about spray and pray.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6869|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
how about a nice jericho or a sig saur or a freakin USP would be nice.
BrightAsh
+1|6846

kilroy0097 wrote:

WormGuts wrote:

i would love to see a pistol upgrade that would drop the 9mm across the board (except for spec ops/snipers).  in its place with an upgrade i want my .45 dessert eagle or some nasty dmg small clip pistol n return.
BTW its a .50 cal Dessert Eagle.

I wouldn't mind seeing .45 Colts. I'm old fasion but I liked them as a side arm.
tssssk... HUSH if you dont know what you are talking about.
Desert Eagle comes in .357, .44 and .50 (i dont think the Desert Eagle comes in .45 tough)

Last edited by BrightAsh (2005-10-03 01:41:18)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6842
Desert Eagles are target pistols, they would blow in BF2. I'd prefer a M1911 or something simular. A .44 revolver would be classy.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6818|Singapore

croak: don't hunt polar bears. they're cute.

Anyways, i like really old school pistols .38 taurus. Just right damage against a human being Using it now as a police officer anyway haha.

Croft's 2x pistols would be fun. 2x Berattas *grin*
emperorphoenix
+5|6804|Westeren Australia
they should make the upgrades for the bages of rank so u can get a better pistol every rank
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6814|Perth, Western Australia
New pistols, yes. Dual wielding, i think that would NOT work, unless it was specific to say the insurgents in special forces seeing as techniaclly they have no STRICT military codes to follow
96D
+0|6804|Maryland, USA
In keeping with the "different, not necessarily better or worse" tradition of weapon unlocks in BF2, I would like to see a pistol unlock that either

A. is more powerful but slower to fire and reduced ammo capacity (Ruger GP100, Colt 1911A1)
B. is less powerful but has select fire and greater ammo capacity (e.g. Glock 18, Beretta 93R)

Just a small range of pistols that you can choose from to better suit your own playing style would be nice. In the real-world militaries, you don't get this choice, of course, but BF2 isn't exactly going for realism.
nhl2337
+0|6772

polarbearz wrote:

croak: don't hunt polar bears. they're cute.

Anyways, i like really old school pistols .38 taurus. Just right damage against a human being Using it now as a police officer anyway haha.

Croft's 2x pistols would be fun. 2x Berattas *grin*
a 38 u say.........a softgun hits better than a 38....what a crap gun....*lol*
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6873|Bryan/College Station, TX

SharkyMcshark wrote:

New pistols, yes. Dual wielding, i think that would NOT work, unless it was specific to say the insurgents in special forces seeing as techniaclly they have no STRICT military codes to follow
Hmmm Dual wielding. Now we could make BF2 into a John Woo film compete with flying doves and cool slow motion wind and trenchcoat action.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
FourStars
+1|6768|Australia
i think people play far too much cs.
kn0ckahh
+98|6767|netherlands, sweet lake city
a harpoon would be cool but not one that instantly kills your opponent but goes trough him so you can pull him towards you and then you can knife him str8 in his face
FLaXCarnage
+1|6815|Florida
I would like to see an ol' western revolver = )
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6772|Vienna- Austria
someone said no military uses th D-eagle.... wtf.. its an Israelis Military Industries weapon..  what doies this say us?
Rotter
+0|6795|United States
That's true. Israel uses the Desert Eagle. I'd love to see something like a Glock 18 or a 44 revolver in BF2.
ayb
+0|6784|Orlando, FL
unless im mistaken israel does use the desert eagle but chambered in .357

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard