Kilington
+0|6554|The Great White North
Hey there all,

Been having all kinds of trouble lately with BF, installing, re-installing, crazy errors. Finally had it up and running great yesterday and playing fine, then today, this starts happening.

Whenever im done a map and the score screen pops up, I get this message in a box "There was an error reading from the server" and i get booted to the account login screen.

It seems to only happen when a map load takes place. I dont know this for sure, but I have seen it work ok at least once where the same map is being played. The score screen pops up, then i can join game ok (Just happened now) This is while im playing SF, have not tried this with Vanilla BF yet as all im playing lately is SF.

I tried playing in windowed mode to see if there was more detail on the error, but nothing. The game dosent crash or anything, just boots me to account login area.

AS well, the account screen takes longer than it ever did to load into the game, and today for some reason, my BFHQ seems to take along time to load while in game, and i have seen odd mixups in there. For instance it showed me with a majors icon for rank but i was shown as a private, listed like 10108303 points scored, and had my name as unknown. This while it showed my account as logged in and active at the very bottom of the screen.

Very frustrating, any ideas for me guys? not sure what else to do

Thanks!
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6656|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Could it be a problem with the profile your using.

I had a similar problem with crashing so I deleted the Battlefield 2 folder in "my documents".

If your gonna do this make sure you know how to retrieve your account, as I had to retrieve my account the next time I loaded up, but it hasn't crashed since.
Kilington
+0|6554|The Great White North
That did the trick, thanks for the pointer Stomper. After a plethora of issues BF is running rock solid now.
D_V_us--ToE_KnEe
+6|6008
anyone else having issues loggin into da battlefield server?
Ilike2killuall
+1|6183
yes, me to (@ Zwolle, Netherlands)
D_V_us--ToE_KnEe
+6|6008
thanks.....thought maybe it was just me.....getting "error reading from server"
Jasonb0718
+6|6133
yes, me also

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard