Hakei
Banned
+295|5993
Yeah, that's a joke. Taking liberties there~
CloakedStarship
+76|6563
Don't we have any army officers/generals with any balls left?  My god I imagine if Patton were to walk through that building he would order it evacuated and have a tank roll right over it.

Disgraceful.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6707|Germany
Wow, I´ve seen some shitty barracks before but that tops it all.
What a absolutely desrespectful way to treat soldiers who just came home from war risking their lifes for their land.
Who ever is responsible for this should be demoted to E-1 immidiately and instantly have to move there himself.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
i watched this video a couple days ago, and then yesterday i was browsing CNN on my phone...sure as shit, right at the top they are talking about this.
it said that the father raised a lot of awareness about the problem, and i guess a shitstorm hit, cause they are fixing everything.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

Instead of letting William go pick up his rich girlfriend in a £20 000 an hour Chinook they should have paid a team of industrial cleaners to sort that place out!
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6691|Norfolk, England

Totally appalling.

What's worse is that it took an expose' to get it cleaned up when it should not have been like this in the first place.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
Considering how much we spend on the military, you'd think some of it would be spent to prevent this kind of thing....
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Wow... isnt like 50 billion spent on the US military each year yet they cant afford new barracks?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Vilham wrote:

Wow... isnt like 50 billion spent on the US military each year yet they cant afford new barracks?
Too busy funding for laser cannons and colonising space
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
Our combat troops aren't panzys, I think they will survive.
Turquoise
O Canada
Hey, Lotta...  Doesn't it bother you that we treat our contractors far better than our soldiers?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
I survived.  More worried about the billions being spent to rebuild a country full of people that will be our enemy as soon as we leave.

I'm sorry for not being offended, I wasn't in the Air Force.
Turquoise
O Canada
lol...  Well, at least we can agree on Iraq then.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Say the same about the conditions at Walter Reed? (Back during the scandal. They showed the renovations on the news and apparently it's pretty nice, one guy said it was the nicest post he'd ever been in.)
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

JahManRed wrote:

Instead of letting William go pick up his rich girlfriend in a £20 000 an hour Chinook they should have paid a team of industrial cleaners to sort that place out!
You do realize that Wills is in the RAF and that story was about the US Army's facility at Ft Bragg, right?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

FEOS wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

You do realize that Wills is in the RAF and that story was about the US Army's facility at Ft Bragg, right?
Yeah, I fail to see how the RAF training budget would have helped these guys out. Even if they'd have had 60k quid, I very much doubt it'd have been spent on their accommodation. It's disgraceful.

Kind of irrelevant to the point of the video, but the first 4 minutes or so really made me want to go out to the 'Stan, just to see what it's like.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Too busy funding for laser cannons and colonising space
How's that going by the way?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

I thought Afghanistan was justified, Iraq was complete BS, but that is all political.  Our government has sent soldiers to war without proper equipment, stores wounded vets in hospitals like Walter Reed, and puts on duty soldiers in barracks that would be condemned by any health department, all while contractors are reaping massive war profits, much of it bogus.

I find the whole situation reprehensible.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6720|Eastern PA
In the same vein, but even some of the proposed benefit packages (or how benefits are awarded) have been utterly fucked:
National Guard Troops Denied Benefits After Longest Deployment Of Iraq War
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (NBC) -- When they came home from Iraq, 2,600 members of the Minnesota National Guard had been deployed longer than any other ground combat unit. The tour lasted 22 months and had been extended as part of President Bush's surge.

1st Lt. Jon Anderson said he never expected to come home to this: A government refusing to pay education benefits he says he should have earned under the GI bill.
Anderson's orders, and the orders of 1,161 other Minnesota guard members, were written for 729 days.

Had they been written for 730 days, just one day more, the soldiers would receive those benefits to pay for school.

"Which would be allowing the soldiers an extra $500 to $800 a month," Anderson said.

That money would help him pay for his master's degree in public administration. It would help Anderson's fellow platoon leader, John Hobot, pay for a degree in law enforcement.

"I would assume, and I would hope, that when I get back from a deployment of 22 months, my senior leadership in Washington, the leadership that extended us in the first place, would take care of us once we got home," Hobot said.

Both Hobot and Anderson believe the Pentagon deliberately wrote orders for 729 days instead of 730. Now, six of Minnesota's members of the House of Representatives have asked the Secretary of the Army to look into it -- So have Senators Amy Klobuchar and Norm Coleman.
http://www.votevets.org/news?id=0126
he veterans stated that the McCain-Graham-Burr bill falls flat in its key differences from the Webb-Hagel Bill, which has the support of 57 members of the Senate, from both sides of the aisle.

1) The McCain-Graham-Burr legislation creates a flat education benefit, not taking into account the cost of state colleges where veterans live. This would mean veterans in states where the cost of education is higher than the benefit would have go to into debt to get an education, or uproot themselves and their families to move to a place where the benefit would cover college. The Webb-Hagel Bill determines the education benefit based on the highest state college tuition in a veterans' home state, allowing veterans to come home and attend college, without upheaval in their lives.

2) The McCain-Graham-Burr legislation creates second-class veterans, by offering those who serve in the military for 12 years the chance to transfer their education benefits to their children. This says to a veteran who serves for two years and loses both of his legs in combat that his service isn't as valuable as someone who has served for longer.

3) The McCain-Graham-Burr legislation leaves the National Guard and Reserve out in the cold. In the current conflicts, the National Guard and Reserve have served faithfully alongside their active duty compatriots, and deserve equal benefits. Yet, the McCain bill does nothing to reward our Guard and Reservists for their cumulative service. Under the McCain bill, over 160,000 members of the Guard and Reserves who have done more than one tour in Iraq or Afghanistan would get no credit towards an education for their additional sacrifice.
Guard and Reserve have been really fucked over since 9/11. They've been used in an active capacity and have been offered little of the same benefits.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You're most likely quite right...but that's not really the point. If you work hard for someone you are entitled to demand a certain level of decent treatment in return. Soldiers should only have to deal with shitty conditions when they are in the field not when they're back on home soil.

And on the issue of military spending...never mind how much is spent on other areas of domestic defence, what about the millions given in military aid to other countries like Israel? Charity begins at home in this case.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Lotta_Drool wrote:

So let's just keep testing shit on them. I mean, a few dead here and there ain't gonna hurt much...nukes, gas, use it all!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

ghettoperson wrote:

FEOS wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Yeah, I fail to see how the RAF training budget would have helped these guys out. Even if they'd have had 60k quid, I very much doubt it'd have been spent on their accommodation. It's disgraceful.

Kind of irrelevant to the point of the video, but the first 4 minutes or so really made me want to go out to the 'Stan, just to see what it's like.
Yeah was half asleep and in a rush when I typed that one. With the many reports of poor equipment etc related to the UK military I just presumed. Maybe Wills could fly Kim and Aggie in, commando style, as an across the pond gesture of good will.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/How_Clean_is_Your_House.jpg
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

So let's just keep testing shit on them. I mean, a few dead here and there ain't gonna hurt much...nukes, gas, use it all!
I bet you were blowing spit bubbles as you typed that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard