CrazeD
+368|6713|Maine

1927 wrote:

I feel that for eg, having a blackhawk on Maashtuur is unfair because you look at the other team and they have a flying hippo with the same fire power as a spud gun.
LMFAO!!!

Sorry, I should have specified which base I was at.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6779

[FB]Eraser wrote:

When I'm commanding at Clean Sweep on MEC side, I'm mostly located at the airfield. If I see someone hanging around, when I'm scanning, I go for him at send him a clip of rounds.

What's a clip?  I only thing I know that has rounds in this game are guns with MAGAZINES.
Scorpian65
+14|6778
Obviously you guys misunderstood his post. I believe he was saying that a commander should not be able to do anything but command. As commander you can see anything/anywhere/anytime and it is almost like a cheat that the commander can see you and then come kill you, noing your exact location. I also think that the commander should not be able to do anything but command. I'm not talking about his ability to do it effectivly while trying to fight I'm talking the commander should be frozen in place and unable to be killed, period.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6870|Denver colorado

CrazeD wrote:

Sniping is basically useless except for urban maps.

I was playing operation clean sweep tonight, as USMC. I snuck over to their airfield at sat by a rock at the end with the M95, waiting for someone to jump into the jet so I could shoot them out. But, I got killed 3 times by their commander, 3 different spots.

I wish commanders would just command. Isn't that pretty much cheating, being able to pin-point someone then come kill them? That's really stupid. Commander's shouldn't be able to have a weapon.

Not much point in sneeking off onto enemy lines, in a spot that no one would possibly see you, then getting stabbed in the back of the head by the fricken commander.

Infact, having a ghilii suit is stupid too, because the commander can just zoom into his little scan screen and come kill you.

It'd be one thing to have just a scanner, but to be able to zoom in and see exactly where a guy is, hiding or not, then come kill them... I dunno, seems like cheating, or a very unfair advantage. Commander could just run around with his little zoomed in map on him wherever he goes, and find people then stab them in the back.
i was playing and i got 100 points but then i wanted to go run around as leet comander jacob so i started being comander. i ran around with a uav at my disposal and shotgunned everyone i saw. it was gr8 after helping my team turn the game around i got 150 points at the end of the game.

if i wasnt comander i still could have gunned everyone but it seemed cooler i guess
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6761|Switzerland

Sigarms357 wrote:

[FB]Eraser wrote:

When I'm commanding at Clean Sweep on MEC side, I'm mostly located at the airfield. If I see someone hanging around, when I'm scanning, I go for him at send him a clip of rounds.

What's a clip?  I only thing I know that has rounds in this game are guns with MAGAZINES.
The same...
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6724|The Netherlands
Sniping pownz if u can call ur self a GOOD sniper. Not a lamo that i laying all the time on the same spot..

good snipers must take out a target in a few seconds....  and if u are lucky u can shoot a heli down
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6797|Longueuil
All i say is that any non-moving snipers should be invisible to scans and UAV until all friendly flag are capture....

Last edited by J0hn.F.Kenedy (2006-02-23 08:53:14)

jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.
A commander should have to carry a laptop round and there should be the commander kit and you get a laptop for commanding and a sidearm like a walther or berretta for protection,this would limit attacking commanders and they would command more.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6686|Nova Scotia
While I don't particularly care, I think commanders should be:
A) unkillable and unable to do anything except command, or
B) unable to get double points for the win.

As far as satellite scans go, having the commander run around with a lap top is a bit of a moot point because the game shouldn't be closely related to real life (which, in case you didn't notice, it isn't...the response time for real life satellite scans is a BIT longer than BF2's representation )
Anyway, this isn't a flame for any of the people who've posted on this topic, just my two cents.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6742
Ok guys, I think you ripped this guy to shreds. And rightly so for complaining about nothing.

If you hate being killed by a commander "OMG 1337 C0MM4ND3R!" whine and make a patch saying that it is impossible for commanders to kill snipers. EA and DICE will listen.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6795
Snipers do have an important role on not urban maps also.
Maybe their most important  job is to take out guys using stingers/TOWs/mounted machine guns etc...
It helps your team alot since stingers are now considered to be extremley accurate and deadly...
h4r13quin
+0|6768
Let us not forget one of the major advantages of a sniper over ordinary troops, vision.  Snipers can see farther through a scope than any other kit.  You won't get any points for it, but sometimes simply sitting in a concealed location watching a road and spotting enemies can make a useful contribution to the team.  As a sniper if you aren't picking off key individuals as is usually the case, you should be informing your teammates of enemy movements, letting them know where tanks are and such.  Snipers will never be useless in this regard, assuming you have an attentive team that responds to such information.
El pistolero
+0|6689
Of course , A commander in real life isnt running around killing people with his devices, he sends the sheeps
to do that. So the game has a fault there unfortunatly. But in real life he could arty u down, and in the game too, so thats real. As a sniper u must be patient, and neverreveal urself, then u be susccesful.
I have shooted some commanders and they didnt see me. so its possible, but maybe he was learning
LOL. If the commander is experienced he wouldnt do that mistake, but u never know.........
DSRTurtle
+56|6726

El pistolero wrote:

Of course , A commander in real life isnt running around killing people with his devices, he sends the sheeps
to do that. So the game has a fault there unfortunatly. But in real life he could arty u down, and in the game too, so thats real. As a sniper u must be patient, and neverreveal urself, then u be susccesful.
I have shooted some commanders and they didnt see me. so its possible, but maybe he was learning
LOL. If the commander is experienced he wouldnt do that mistake, but u never know.........
Even vetern commanders make mistakes that get them killed.  A good sniper knows when to move, when to stay hidden, and when to kill people.  Sniping is an artform on the modern battlefield.  I only have 16 or 17 hours as a sniper.  I generally don't play that kit because it can be boring at times.  However there are maps where sniprs can be very vaulable.  I have found some new hiding sponts on maps while playing different kits and run across an enemy sniper who didn't see me before I saw him.  It's so much fun to kill them after they left their claymores
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6827|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
Well...Apparently the author of the original thread as well as a few others haven't yet grasped how the game works. Once, you have neutralized the bleed (through cappin) and at 50% of the flags, Good snipers are your best friend for the win...You win game's on the bleed by NOT DYING and killing others. After the bleed starts if a sniper goes 10-1 he is twice as effective as the yahoo running around throwing supply or fixing whatever and accumilates say 10kills-5deaths and 10 team points. You win on the bleed by either 'capping out' or dying less it's that simple.

As far as whatever about being useless in non-urban maps......I'm not even going to respond.
millhous
+39|6677|OREEGONE, USA
I think that the UAV/Scan and commander spotting should only detect the snipers if they are moving.  If they go prone and stay still, they shouldn't be detected.  Only makes it fair since they got all those sticks and twigs n' stuff glued to their face. Any
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6699|BC, Canada
crybaby...
Linus
+53|6693
Why there is a sniper class in this game is beyond me, anyhow..

I rarely use it myself...as I find the weapons EXTREMELY inaccurate and underpowered
compared to actual sniper weapons being used today..

The purpose of Snipers are 2 fold.....STEALTH and ACCURACY..

Stealth ??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...we're talking about BF2 here...you know..
the game that has the magical map that shows where all your enemies are... THERE IS NO
STEALTH in BF2... NONE..

ACCURACY ???  I dunno about after the latest patch, but before it, they were extremely
inaccurate..

They should eliminate this class from the game totally, since there is no stealth in it..
You cant hide anywhere in BF2 maps... the gay UAVs show you anywhere and everywhere
and even which way you are facing..hahahahahah

EA/DICE are idiots.
DU AGAIN
+2|6677

CrazeD wrote:

Sniping is basically useless except for urban maps.

I was playing operation clean sweep tonight, as USMC. I snuck over to their airfield at sat by a rock at the end with the M95, waiting for someone to jump into the jet so I could shoot them out. But, I got killed 3 times by their commander, 3 different spots.

I wish commanders would just command. Isn't that pretty much cheating, being able to pin-point someone then come kill them? That's really stupid. Commander's shouldn't be able to have a weapon.

Not much point in sneeking off onto enemy lines, in a spot that no one would possibly see you, then getting stabbed in the back of the head by the fricken commander.

Infact, having a ghilii suit is stupid too, because the commander can just zoom into his little scan screen and come kill you.

It'd be one thing to have just a scanner, but to be able to zoom in and see exactly where a guy is, hiding or not, then come kill them... I dunno, seems like cheating, or a very unfair advantage. Commander could just run around with his little zoomed in map on him wherever he goes, and find people then stab them in the back.
YOU ARE JOKING AREN'T YOU.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard