GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ
So look, my dad wants to go on a dive trip this summer, a live aboard, so Im looking for some places (nowhere is off limits) to go diving

Im thinking about Micronesia...

places like Cocos are too far away (Transit) but post them anyway...

Karmas for good solid help.

Btw im Master Scuba Diver, with no tec training... Im nitrox certified also....

https://bewarn.googlepages.com/dive-flag.jpg/dive-flag-full.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

we did a little in okinawa ..... its was nice

and at Thailand
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6157|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I went diving in...

Oh...

Wait...

I've never gone diving.
**sadface**

But yeah, can't help you here, being 14 can't really get into diving that much yet.(Mbe some pool dives, but hasn;t happened yet)
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6368|California
Try the Coral Reef, I heard it wasn't a good place at all. Or is it?
Until next time.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6394|Southern California
I got Padi certified back in 05...and have never been again since

Its fun but I get ridiculously sea sick on small dive boats, and didn't have much of my own gear.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

I heard the great barrier is amazing.

Too far?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise
I read about a sunken aircraft carrier in Pensacola, FL I believe.  I'm trying to go there this summer.

Edit: The ex-Oriskany, a decommissioned aircraft carrier, became the largest ship intentionally sunk as an artificial reef May 17 when it was sunk approximately 24 miles off the coast of Pensacola, Fla. at 212 ft.

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=23692

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2008-04-28 23:10:05)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Isn't 200 feet near the limits of scuba diving depths?
GodFather
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ

naightknifar wrote:

Too far?
Not too far, just if hes paying for the flight I want more time there, we might do it though... It is Winter down under though...

Nah, you can dive 200 feet on air, but it requires a very long decompression time (wiki decompression diving) basically, your body needs to gradually ascend to lower depths to burn off compressed Nitrogen in your tissues so it doesnt boil out and you get bent.

There is tri-mixes and heliox though (Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen  |  Helium Oxygen)

but they require special training (see tec diving)

I mentioned not being certified in tec / wreck penetration for that reason of specialty dives

but that reminds me, I did a presentation of scuba diving for my computer class, my teacher asked,

"How far down can you go? Like a thousand feet?"

I just lol'd in his face.

Last edited by GodFather (2008-04-29 00:05:41)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

GodFather wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Too far?
Not too far, just if hes paying for the flight I want more time there, we might do it though... It is Winter down under though...
But it's Cairns, it never gets cold.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

we are gonna blow up one of our old ships soon off terrigal (15 mins drive from me)

HMAS-Adelaide

my dad has been around the world on that ship when he was in the navy, you should be able to dive there in a few years
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

How about Yap? Dive with the rays, bro.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

Nappy wrote:

we are gonna blow up Adelaide.
Effing finally.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise

nukchebi0 wrote:

Actually, the ocean floor there is 212 ft.  You can go to bridge and other parts of the superstructure and be above 150 ft.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Red Sea is supposed to be good, my local BSAC club go there every year, and have done for the past 10+ years.

Really should get back into snorkelling, and perhaps diving
GodFather
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ

FEOS wrote:

How about Yap? Dive with the rays, bro.
Ahh Yap, good suggestion

Rays, dude, Costa Rica I remember looking up, and seeing a shadow, I wasnt sure what it was until I realized it was Rays, Thousands of them, in 80 feet of water, and there was only 15-20 feet of water above this cloud of them

Im not sure if anything can top that
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6224|Brisneyland
Perhaps look at Vanuatu. theres heaps of stuff from WW2 that was left behind in the sea. The USS President Coolidge was sunk in depth varying between 25 and 60 Metres. Also check "Million Dollar point" which was the dumping ground for tonned of US kit ( Jeeps, bulldozers, you name it up to 30 metres depth). ALso lots of Coral and Fish. We are going there this month but wont get a chance to Scuba dive.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
A good mate of mine goes to Egypt and the red sea a lot his photos and videos look fantastic.  Gibralta is good aswell, plus you can pick up cheap fags and booze on that trip.

Im not a scuba diver myself and don't really have an interest in it but would love to swim with sharks so one day I might have to learn.
GodFather
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ
What do you guys think about Belize?

Anyone been?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard