Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
So the World Championship is on TV at the minute and I'm currently rooting for Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Am I the only person who has this strange ability to watch snooker without suffering from chronic boredom, or does anyone else like it?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Meh, it's ok to watch when I really don't have anything better to do.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I used to hate it but actually look forward to the late night highlights watching them in bed (I dont usually get to sleep till after 12) with a bag of sweets and a snoring Mrs.

I don't like these players having a winge after loosing about the state of the tables, the crucible have put steel gurders in the basement to strengthen the floor to try and give the tables a better lie after previous comments from years gone by and now they loose and moan at this.  Bloody football managers; see what it's doing?
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I love snooker. Specially when they start playing safety shots. And specially when its with the last red or last 2 reds. I could watch them go at it for an hour. But I get bored when its century after century...
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
I'm a bit of an insomniac myself so I can relate to that.  I usually just lay in bed watching it till I finally drift off.

O'Sullivan and Williams play their final session of the match this afternoon 27.  It's England vs Wales!!  May the best man win.

KILLSWITCH wrote:

I'm a bit of an insomniac myself so I can relate to that.  I usually just lay in bed watching it till I finally drift off.

O'Sullivan and Williams play their final session of the match this afternoon 27.  It's England vs Wales!!  May the best man win.
I'm sure Williams goes to the Liberty to support the Jerks so come on Ronnie.

Ronnie - +1 as he swears, +1 as he's foul mouthed with the Chinese and +1 as his old man eats Porridge every day (HMP), +1 as he swicthes betwen Left and Right hand.

Williams - +1 He's Welsh, -1 Supports Swansea (I Think), +1 is better at Poker than he is Snooker. +1 for Having nice Guy Terry Gritthis as coach.

Ronnie wins in the Karma scores.

I have tried loads of sports and suffered many pains for eg, every April/May I get back/neck ache from my 1st game of cricket of the season.  Every Sept - same with hockey, but I have never suffered like I have after a game of Snooker, I was fucked all week.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

snooker reminds me of twisty mustaches and cigars.
Ronnie hits a maximum 147 and pockets £157k in the process on the way to a four frame victory, well played.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
I'm an O'Sullivan fan also I love the game!
I suppose out of them all I like Ronnie as he is a character but I don't mind who's winning as long as the games are good, he's not too slow between shots so that is good aswell.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6734|mansfield
Snooker is shit .
BRiiNDED
+137|6094
Would be watching it, but my uncle doesnt referee the final now ( he died ). Cant stand watching it, still play it though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

KILLSWITCH wrote:

So the World Championship is on TV at the minute and I'm currently rooting for Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Am I the only person who has this strange ability to watch snooker without suffering from chronic boredom, or does anyone else like it?
I used to watch it a lot, like, every night but I do now just at night.

Ronnies 147 to win the last frame was absolutly amazing. Loved it when he said he was gona buy a Bently Continental....and then Taylor dropped Davis in it by asking what car he bought with his prize money

And this is why hes called The Rocket:

Edit: Good sound quality video, but starts from a break of 16. Full vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btmB-p_0QFg (but shit sound)

...maximum in just under 6minutes Remember watching that...incredible.

Last edited by Snake (2008-04-28 12:30:12)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

Snooker is shit .
fuck off.

I play snooker 3+ times a week its

Ronnie to win... Did anyone see his 147 today?? he is amazing
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

snooker is fun to play but boring as fuck to watch
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6663|Norfolk, England

Snooker pwns, I have a cue my grandfather handed to me years ago and I go to the local arcadian club sometimes with my brother.
I don't watch it as much as I used to though but Ronnie owns face.

This is yet another example of his amazing skill under pressure:

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I'm watching it at work.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Those guys has some serious skills. Fun to watch Never played it though. It'd be fun to try.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6339|Calgary, Canada
If i knew what snooker was...
The other match that was on last night was great aswell with that young Chinese lad who started celebrating a bit early twice.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Fantastic win for Ronnie tonight, 18-8.

One thing that shocked me was Ronnie hinting at his potential retirement....I mean, wtf?!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

Snake wrote:

Fantastic win for Ronnie tonight, 18-8.

One thing that shocked me was Ronnie hinting at his potential retirement....I mean, wtf?!
Nah he'll be back.

Like John Parrot said, he loves the game too much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard